• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Trade for Jay Ajayi

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's going to wear #36. Going to be odd seeing a back wearing Westbrook's number.

wow. I was just thinking the same thing. Westbrook was amazing. Always liked him better than McCoy - on and off the field. I remember when McCoy would go down if someone just touched him, before Westy helped mentor him. Not that McCoy knows anything about giving respect to others around him.

Ajay is an awesome pickup. My guess is, this is insurance to the negotiations with Blount after this year. Blount could be a one year deal - but if he continues to perform well, I could see another contract extension if it is reasonable. I sincerely hope that is the case.

Bottom line - Blount is our short term answer and a huge reason we are doing so well on offense as well. AJay 'could' be our long term answer that we put with Wentz for the foreseeable future. The only issue is the degenerative knee. I'm sure our doctors will look at it, and we will ride him until the wheels fall off.

We find ourselves in wonderful situation that we are true SB contenders this year. Credit our FO for doing everything they can to take advantage of this situation. We were in this situation with Reid for 4+ years, and despite having the WORST set of starting WR's in the league, he did NOTHING to improve it. This is the HUGE difference and improvement to the FO we have now - they recognize needs and do something to improve it FAST. Our CB situation is great despite major injuries. Things are truly looking up for Eagle fans.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big point I just read from Barnwell....Ahayis success last year was made on the big play. But the criticism in Miami this year is that he keeps seeking the home run and not running for what's blocked for him. The Eagles think they can coach this up.

So it's a question of if Gases staff is just shit and we can get the back to do something he hasn't. I like our chances with this coaching staff. Let Duce get after him.

Still....we've seen enough of the fickle NFL player these days. Will be one to watch...

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our biggest issue right now... is OL. #1 WR and RB for the future to replace Blount and Alshon is a necessity, and it shows the FO is looking to the future as well. I would not be unhappy about the TY thing, but I'd rather have Alshon on a more reasonable contract extension.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22894398_689005944618666_7140681470587691378_n.jpg

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought he was another nutcase like the Eagles' knucklehead that flips out on youtube all the time ... but as I listened, this guy knows his stuff in his rant ... a funny listen.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought he was another nutcase like the Eagles' knucklehead that flips out on youtube all the time ... but as I listened, this guy knows his stuff in his rant ... a funny listen.

He actually makes sense.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, i have Ajayi and Blount as my top 2 RBs due to injuries (D Johnson and Montgomery). Fucking great. Fantasy football can go fuck itself.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the deal, but still nervous about our OL protection for Wentz. I realize it was a pipe dream to find a solid LT via trade.. LT cost a high premium and the Birds don't have the cap or resources to make a deal. Bown was expensive for the Hawks. I say let's hope for the best and scheme the offense to give Wentz the protection needed. Howie did very well on this deal btw.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big reason for the trade was due to the loss of Peters. Teaming Ajayi up with Blount gives us a better running game to compensate for the Peters loss. Thus teams can't just pin their ears back to go after Wentz ... they have to respect that 1-2 punch of Ajayi/Blount. There was no "realistic" option at LT to trade for, so the next best option to help Wentz was to upgrade the running game.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A no brainer for a 4th round pick. He's a very talented runner.He hits the hole like a mad man and explodes through, and he's a big physical runner with an angry temperament. More elusive than you'd think for a back his size too, good cutting ability and can spin off tackles. We'll love him in Philly. I think he's a great fit in our offense, with our scheme and o-line. Only concerns are the rumored clashes with his coaches, but Miami is one of those really dysfunctional teams so it's hard to judge that. Obviously something about his knees longterm, but getting a guy like this for this year, and then again next year, on that contract, for a 4th round pick? Absolute steal. I think he'll make a bunch of wow plays in the future for this team, hopefully he can pick up the playbook fast. This offense just got even more explosive.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, and I'm sure this isn't an original perspective, "We are going for it this year!" I'm all for it! That said, we are also set up to be prepared for next year. With the draft assets traded, we'll see how Howie's vision plays out in 2019 and 2020. I'm tentatively optimistic.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, and I'm sure this isn't an original perspective, "We are going for it this year!" I'm all for it! That said, we are also set up to be prepared for next year. With the draft assets traded, we'll see how Howie's vision plays out in 2019 and 2020. I'm tentatively optimistic.

couldn't agree more. I think they are going all in for the SB this year. You don't get this close and look this good and not take a legitimate shot. Thank god we don't have Banner/Reid right now.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Ajayi might have more value since Cowboys are looking for a back. Timing is everything!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie reportedly talked to Blount about the trade before it was made public, so my sense is that Blount is staying. His carries will probably get cut, but he will probably remain the hammer and goal line back.
Don't know why there would be any reason to think Blount would get disgruntled. He's been in timeshares his entire career, including this year. Didn't he only see the field for like 2 plays the one week this year?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD for Ajayi... first game... nice.

Welcome to PHILLY!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the three-headed monster is back. Only now it is three bigger backs--Ajayi, Blount and Corey Clement. Smash mouth baby! Clement has lost weight and is playing around 210 now, but all these guys are at least 210 and Blount more like 250. It's pretty much a truck show.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are we set for RB for the time being or is that a need that needs to be addressed in the draft?