• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles to work out top CFL wr.....

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why NFL teams don't poach more players from the CFL. There are always players who are overlooked for one reason or another, you never know when you are going to find the next Cameron Wake.

Over the years there has been a steady stream of CFL players going on to have productive, even HOF type careers in the NFL after being scooped from the CFL. No one team is better at it, it seems like it would be an incredibly wise investment to have a scout watching everyone. I would bet there are some useful linemen and kickers up here as well.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we sign him as well.

I also would like Chipper to fill holes in free agency, so we can move up to draft Corey Coleman. He is DJAX without the drama. More muscular. Same speed. Gamebreaker.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots and chargers have passed on this guy. I'm gonna guess he's not quick of the line. In Canada they get a running start.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why NFL teams don't poach more players from the CFL. There are always players who are overlooked for one reason or another, you never know when you are going to find the next Cameron Wake.

Over the years there has been a steady stream of CFL players going on to have productive, even HOF type careers in the NFL after being scooped from the CFL. No one team is better at it, it seems like it would be an incredibly wise investment to have a scout watching everyone. I would bet there are some useful linemen and kickers up here as well.

The cfl game is much different than the nfl game. and there hasn't been a steady of players who've gone on to make significant contributions. You could probably count them on one hand.
If the kid can contribute great but it's doubtful.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chippy Boy likes him, I'll pass.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cfl game is much different than the nfl game. and there hasn't been a steady of players who've gone on to make significant contributions. You could probably count them on one hand.
If the kid can contribute great but it's doubtful.

Sure it's different and I'm not talking about looking for opening day starters but finding someone in a pinch who is in game shape.

Off the top of my head.
Warren Moon
Joe Kapp
Joe Theismann
Doug Flutie
Jeff Garcia
Cameron Wake
Mervyn Fernandez, there was another KC WR who was productive for a while but I can't remember his name.
Tom Cousineau
Mike Vanderjagt (sp?)
Gizmo Williams played for the Eagles after he was all used up. Shame, he could have been an all-time returner if he got there earlier. I know there are many more who were productive but I only have five fingers on my hand.

If you could pull one of those guys out of your ass every ten years it would justify spending a 100k on a scout.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's different and I'm not talking about looking for opening day starters but finding someone in a pinch who is in game shape.

Off the top of my head.
Warren Moon
Joe Kapp
Joe Theismann
Doug Flutie
Jeff Garcia
Cameron Wake
Mervyn Fernandez, there was another KC WR who was productive for a while but I can't remember his name.
Tom Cousineau
Mike Vanderjagt (sp?)
Gizmo Williams played for the Eagles after he was all used up. Shame, he could have been an all-time returner if he got there earlier. I know there are many more who were productive but I only have five fingers on my hand.

If you could pull one of those guys out of your ass every ten years it would justify spending a 100k on a scout.

Fernandez, Cousineau, williams made significant contributions? Get off it.

You've named 7 guys over 45 years, that's one every six years. hardly a steady stream.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Fernandez had three pretty good seasons for the Raiders getting almost 3000 yards, Cousineau led the Browns in tackles for three years and Giz was an old man when he went to the Eagles.

Considering it cost the teams nothing to get these players I would say they made significant contributions. These are just the guys I remember, I am sure there are many more I have forgotten.

And quit being obtuse, I said if we could pay a scout 100k a year to watch the CFL and they could pick one of these guys off every ten years it would be worth it. Hell, I am pretty sure there was a kicker who was perfect last year in the CFL. I would also be willing to bet there is a G or T that is better than the crap we are marching out there week after week not named Peters.