• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles to work out kickers

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sturgis is reportedly going to miss several weeks, and so the Eagles are having to sign another kicker. There are several vets out on the street so it should be OK. I don't think Sturgis is anything special anyway.

Nick Novak was cut by the Texans, that's who I would bring in. Nothing special but fairly solid. He had a decent camp but was cut by the Texans who went with youngster Ka'Imi Fairbairn.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Novak would be a solid choice.

There are a bunch of veteran kickers out there right now tho.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year, we need to upgrade our kicker. One who can consistently kickoff through the endzone. Sturgis is weak.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is we're looking at some guy on the Bengals practice roster I think

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott doesn't have much of a resume. Hope he has a strong leg. I Look for a lot of 2 point conversion attempts.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott doesn't have much of a resume. Hope he has a strong leg. I Look for a lot of 2 point conversion attempts.
From the reports I read, it looks like he does have a strong leg on long distance FGs. He struggled during preseason going 4-7, but he nearly made a 60 yd and just missed it. The leg is there, but the NFL goal posts are much more narrower than the CFB goal posts. Oh, he has never had a kick returned for a TD, but he doesn't get a lot of touchbacks either. It is.. what it is.! Hope for the best. This Elliot isn't a trouble maker either :D. Thought you would get a kick out of this comment @old duke.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the reports I read, it looks like he does have a strong leg on long distance FGs. He struggled during preseason going 4-7, but he nearly made a 60 yd and just missed it. The leg is there, but the NFL goal posts are much more narrower than the CFB goal posts. Oh, he has never had a kick returned for a TD, but he doesn't get a lot of touchbacks either. It is.. what it is.! Hope for the best. This Elliot isn't a trouble maker either :D. Thought you would get a kick out of this comment @old duke.

:suds: :lol: You know, of course, that I realize how good Zeke is. It's more my hatred of the cowgirls. Wish we had him, but not at the expense of Carson of course. And, the fact that he isn't a great character, adds to my dislike of him. Plus, I hope we can find a way to draft Barkley next year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: :lol: You know, of course, that I realize how good Zeke is. It's more my hatred of the cowgirls. Wish we had him, but not at the expense of Carson of course. And, the fact that he isn't a great character, adds to my dislike of him. Plus, I hope we can find a way to draft Barkley next year.
I'm kind of feel the same way. Zeke going to the cowpokes may me sick to my stomach. I just cannot root for him. He will always be a Buckeye, but damn it Jerah had to draft him. Ugh!:gaah:Btw, I love the Went pick and I think long term will have a fantastic career w the Birds. I just wish we had that stud RB in our backfield to help protect Wentz. Looking at you Barkley. He will be off the board by our pick unfortunately.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but there are a lot of RBs that will be real good, and I trust Joe Douglas to find a stud (like a Dalvin Cook type) that will be great for us. Don't forget that Cook had several off field issues, and they bypassed him. Plus, the talk is that we might wind up trading for Shady , maybe even this year before the trading deadline, as Buffalo is tanking. I still wouldn't change things and draft Cook, as Sidney Jones will be a great CB, IMO. Keep the faith.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot looks like a good guy to work with. Let's coach him up.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read, he doesn't have a huge leg actually, but was a very accurate kicker at the college level and was considered one of the top kicker prospects in this last draft. So a solid pickup.

And he seems to have a sense of humor--look at his shoes on combine day running the 40.

ct-dws-jake-elliott-nfl-draft-kicker-tl-0309-20170307

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Very quick leg action on his follow-through. Kicks with excellent trajectory. Doesn't allow an early miss to wreck his confidence. Has had three of six onside kicks recovered including all three attempts over last two seasons. Had just one kick blocked over four years. Never allowed a kickoff return for a touchdown. Simply never misses chip shot kicks making every attempt inside of 30 yards for his career.
WEAKNESSES
Kickoff distance and hang-time are below desired NFL marks. Will need to add more distance to his kickoffs as a pro. Has a smallish frame and could have issues as a last line of defense on kickoffs. Has had issues hitting mid-range field goals with consistency. Initial jab step into approach is a little slow.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7-PFA
BOTTOM LINE
Elliott's lack of consistent leg strength and hang time on kickoffs could hurt his chances, but he's been a lights-out kicker for his career with the exception of a dreadful sophomore season. Elliott is a consistent ball striker with a repeatable follow-through who has proven to have the necessary range for teams looking for a consistent kicker beyond 50 yards.-Lance Zierlein

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Jake Elliott

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was good enough to be drafted and kept on someone's PS, so there's something to work with there. We've got bigger issues to deal with than our new kicker, I think we'll be fine there.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read, he doesn't have a huge leg actually, but was a very accurate kicker at the college level and was considered one of the top kicker prospects in this last draft. So a solid pickup.

And he seems to have a sense of humor--look at his shoes on combine day running the 40.

Umm... not sure that is representing a sense of humor.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is going to cost us a game somewhere. There are enough good vets out there that they should have signed one of those instead of this rookie. This smacks of Howie trying to be smarter than everyone in the room by "gaining" a draft pick because he was a 5th round pick in this last draft.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he missed one, but not a bad debut for the rookie overall. His kickoffs were fine, he had a nice onsides kick, and he drilled the rest of his kicks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good that he was freezable. That was kind of a big spot the way the game was unfolding. Not good to miss it there.