• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles to hire another personnel chief?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BGN and CSNPhilly.com have reported that according to Mike Garafolo, Fox Sports, Lurie will add a permanent personnel chief to add to the mix. Tom Donahoe is only filling that triumvirate role until the Eagles find a permanent head of personnel. So, this may be great news, if that person has a one-third say in personnel decisions, along with Roseman and the new coach (which hopefully will include one of our top choices that we have been talking about: Gase; Jackson; McDermott; Peyton; Gruden; Cowher; Shaw; etc.). We have to pray that this will happen, since we are the real experts on how the Eagles should be run. :hope:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should come as no surprise. Despite the hack media in this town reporting it, Lurie never said Howie had the final say knor did he say Donahue did. What he did way was Howie was in charge in putting together a TOP NOTCH player personnel department. I believe nobody has final say yet because they are going to play both sides of the fence. The situation is fluid. In other words if they were to attract say a Jon Gruden who would want final say over personnel then he would get it. But lets say they take a guy like Adam Gase who has never had that control they could shift the final say to the Head of Player Personnel. Still a collaborative effort but in the case of ties that person would break it.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taz, I believe you're right. The final say on a candidate like Gase, I think would be Lurie's decision after the consensus is made. In any case, I think the head coach will report directly to Jeffrey, as previous coaches did.