• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles targeting defensive line in first round

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really warming to the idea of Graham and Barnett coming off the corners. You certainly wouldn't have to worry about motor or hustle!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if Barnett has the kind of motor as Graham, and he's not a Marcus Smith? God forbid.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was only good one year at Louisville and it was mostly with an outside speed rush. Barnett was good three years for Tennessee in the SEC, all conference, and he showed an array of moves and hustle plays. So, not a good comparison. If Barnett struggles, it will be because he is only 6'3" and not super twitchy quick or fast. Smith has good size and speed on paper.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do we think that Barnett is almost a sure thing? To me, if he's not a "sure thing", I would rather pick somebody from a position that I think is -like one of the 3 WRs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do we think that Barnett is almost a sure thing? To me, if he's not a "sure thing", I would rather pick somebody from a position that I think is -like one of the 3 WRs.
I think Burnett is more of a sure thing than the receivers. Each one has at least equal risk.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was only good one year at Louisville and it was mostly with an outside speed rush. Barnett was good three years for Tennessee in the SEC, all conference, and he showed an array of moves and hustle plays. So, not a good comparison. If Barnett struggles, it will be because he is only 6'3" and not super twitchy quick or fast. Smith has good size and speed on paper.
If I'm not mistaken here, I believe Barnett is the all time sack at UT and passed the legend Reggie White. That is quite an accomplishment playing in the SEC and perhaps one of the best all time defensive players ever to step on the field. I would love Barnett at 14 if he is still there.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, he broke Reggie's record. I get what Old Duke is trying to say--we don't know what these college players will do in the pros--but Barnett is not going to fail due to effort. And he clearly had elite production in college. If he fails, which is possible, it will be because he simply is not big or fast enough to do what he did in college in the pros. But, a lot of guys have been successful at his size and speed. You can't coach heart and effort.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who is an interesting comparison to Barnett? Terrell Suggs. Suggs was not that fast in the combine. But he was good in the cone drills and he was relentless on game film. Barnett, like Graham, is that kind of player. If you had 4 guys like that in a 4-3 you would win championships IMO.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who is an interesting comparison to Barnett? Terrell Suggs. Suggs was not that fast in the combine. But he was good in the cone drills and he was relentless on game film. Barnett, like Graham, is that kind of player. If you had 4 guys like that in a 4-3 you would win championships IMO.
Suggs is a good comparison. Didn't even think of that to be honest. As much as I wanted a WR or offense for 1st round pick, I'm leaning more to defense now. I think it's because I feel better having Jeffrey and SMith as our wideouts now. Grab a RB later and get a stud RB next season after we fill needed holes on defense this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Corey Davis' risk?
He is currently injured for one thing. Also played against mediocre competition and his speed and quickness for the pro game is debatable.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope this is just a rumor and not the direction they want to go. We just have too many bigger needs to be spending our first pick on luxury.

I've said this already and the writing is on the wall, because we actually addressed a few of the other holes. Maybe not completely the way we would like. But enough to get by for now. But then Logan leaves and what have we done to replace that?? It seems obvious they are forcasting our pick here, no matter how much I disagree with this direction, I think this rumor has some bite.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barnett has prospects to be an every-down starting DE at the next level. He's not an elite athlete but produced the same way as Myles Garrett in the same conference. He can dip and bend around the corner the same way a more athletic guy can, and his technique is above-average. One thing I liked about him particularly was the bigger the game and as the game wears on, he seems to get stronger and more productive. Good trait to have.

Some have compared him to Brandon Graham, and if his ceiling is to be an NFL 2nd team All-Pro, I'll take that any day of the week.