• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

eagles post game

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Tyler looks at the Studs and Duds of the Redskins game against the Eagles.
by Mark Tyler Sep 11, 2017, 6:33am PDT TWEET

As usual, the Redskins came out and laid an egg in their season opener. The surprising part about this loss at home, was that the Redskins have completely owned the Eagles as of late...well, not on Sunday afternoon. The roles were completely reversed as the Eagles defense dominated the game, forcing costly mistakes all afternoon.

Below are my Studs and Duds of the game.

Studs:

Ryan Grant - I almost can't believe I am writing this, but yes, Ryan Grant played very well on Sunday. He made some great catches at key times during the game, and was probably the most consistent of the Redskins receivers on the day.

Chris Thompson - Thompson keeps making his case for even more touches in this offense. He had 4 catches for 52 yards, and his touchdown reception was a thing of beauty!

Ryan Kerrigan - Kerrigan was a man-child against Philly, showing up all over the field, while recording 1/2 sack, multiple pressures, some really nice tackles, and a huge interception which he returned for a touchdown (the 3rd of his career).

Preston Smith - Smith had multiple pressures on the day and notched a sack while recording 4 tackles. He looked fast and aggressive off the edge.

Zach Brown - Brown was all over the field Sunday, combining for 12 total tackles (2 for a loss), and a sack when he wrapped up Wentz who was called "in the grasp", but a personal foul call over-road the sack.

Josh Norman/Bashaud Breeland/Kendall Fuller - The corner trio played very solid all afternoon making plays in both run support and pass defense. All three had beautiful passes defended where they almost came down with the interception. Fuller led the trio with 5 tackles, one of those for a loss.

Duds:

Kirk Cousins - Now, this loss was not all on Cousins, as he was under extreme pressure all afternoon, but he was not accurate on the day, often missing high to open receivers; one of which resulted in an interception in the red zone. Although the fumble-that-never-was in the fourth quarter was bad, it was still a blown call by the refs. Kirk finished the day 23-40 for 240 yards and 1 touchdown, 1 interception and 2 fumbles. He was sacked 4 times.

Terrelle Pryor - I know Pryor did make some big catches on the afternoon, but his drops also continues to plague him. Even though the play didn't count on the stat sheet, the deep ball that hit him right in the bread-basket in the end zone was inexcusable. So was the slant that hit him right in the hands that would have resulted in a key first down.

Morgan Moses - Moses played about as poorly as an offensive linemen could play Sunday, giving up multiple pressures, three sacks (two of which resulted in fumbles recovered by the Eagles), and not blocking particularly well in the run game. It's being reported he was seen leaving the stadium in a walking boot - maybe this was Gruden's way of attempting to cover for his piss-poor play by saying he was not 100 percent during the game...who knows. What I do know is whoever is grading this game HAS to give Moses a 0.0 for his play!

Brandon Scherff - None of the linemen were particularly good on Sunday, but Moses and Scherff stood out as being worse than the others. Scherff gave up multiple pressures on the day as well, sometimes getting driven like a cheap car into the backfield. He also whiffed on some downfield blocks (gotta keep your head up, son!).

Trent Williams - I guess by now, we all expect a high level of play from our Pro Bowl left tackle. Trent Williams did not deliver that on Sunday against the Eagles. He was uncharacteristically inconsistent on the afternoon, missing blocks and having some mental mistakes in protection as well. His play this preseason was not good, and it looks as though that rust has not come off yet.

Vernon Davis/Jordan Reed (blocking) - I know neither player is know to have great blocking skills, but both Davis and Reed were just awful on the day when called upon to block. Reed was also called for a holding and offensive pass interference penalty on the day. Maybe it's time to activate Jeremy Sprinkle.

pretty much sums up what everyone is saying

As much as the Eagles defense dominated this game as Mark Tyler points out, we still had a chance to win on our last drive and once again, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Cousins must "get rid" of the ball in that situation to avoid the sack and live to play another down. Not force NY to decide whether or not he threw a forward pass or fumbled. Growth is measured and Cousins is lacking in areas he should not be.

The only real issue I have with studs on his list is Fuller is missing. This guy played great imo along with Kerrigan and Brown. We had issues on offense, defense and ST and I'm guessing next week will improve in all 2 areas.

HTTR!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the Eagles defense dominated this game as Mark Tyler points out, we still had a chance to win on our last drive and once again, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Cousins must "get rid" of the ball in that situation to avoid the sack and live to play another down. Not force NY to decide whether or not he threw a forward pass or fumbled. Growth is measured and Cousins is lacking in areas he should not be.

The only real issue I have with studs on his list is Fuller is missing. This guy played great imo along with Kerrigan and Brown. We had issues on offense, defense and ST and I'm guessing next week will improve in all 2 areas.

HTTR!

fuller is in there he just combined them with BB and norman

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us at long last be honest. Under no duress and not having to move out of the pocket KC can deliver. This is true of most QB's and the nature of almost every defense is to get "pressure" on QB's.

It is when Kirk has pressure, or, has to move out of the pocket he struggles. I don't know why this is still an issue for him, he still throws off of his back foot, doesn't reset himself or suffers from inaccuracy issues mainly because he forced to play beyond the perfect.

Can he learn? I don't know!! Some here say that in time he'll get better, I honestly don't know that to be true either. What I do know as of this moment is that, given the time that he's been behind center, those same traits are still apparent.

(For the record, this is not about failures anywhere else on the team, but my honest opinion about what he's doing or not doing to improve his game)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us at long last be honest. Under no duress and not having to move out of the pocket KC can deliver. This is true of most QB's and the nature of almost every defense is to get "pressure" on QB's.

It is when Kirk has pressure, or, has to move out of the pocket he struggles. I don't know why this is still an issue for him, he still throws off of his back foot, doesn't reset himself or suffers from inaccuracy issues mainly because he forced to play beyond the perfect.

Can he learn? I don't know!! Some here say that in time he'll get better, I honestly don't know that to be true either. What I do know as of this moment is that, given the time that he's been behind center, those same traits are still apparent.

(For the record, this is not about failures anywhere else on the team, but my honest opinion about what he's doing or not doing to improve his game)

Excedrin headache $783. Right Sty. :thumb:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

be prepared to get jumped on b/c of this post. lol. many of us were jumped on for this type of post all off season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be prepared to get jumped on b/c of this post. lol. many of us were jumped on for this type of post all off season.

Actually, he won't be jumped because he doesn't speak absolutes. He admits he is unsure. He speaks intelligently.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he won't be jumped because he doesn't speak absolutes. He admits he is unsure. He speaks intelligently.

still admitting like all the rest of us did.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't broke a TV...Mr. Furious.

that was a playoff game. the tv was over 20 years old. Any normal fan would be furious with this team right now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a playoff game. the tv was over 20 years old. Any normal fan would be furious with this team right now.

Why do you think I am in such a bad mood?

No, I don't care enough about you to be mad simply because you are a dumb ass.

Oh, so Cooley agreed that KC had to throw it...do you believe Dad yet?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think I am in such a bad mood?

No, I don't care enough about you to be mad simply because you are a dumb ass.

Oh, so Cooley agreed that KC had to throw it...do you believe Dad yet?

making threads about me. yes im living rent free in your head. Did you watch the game yet asshole?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude. I have a job.

I just don't like you. That is why I made the thread. Like I said, I know I can be an asshole.

I don't like you either. Its so obvious that I am under your skin and you cant handle it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is starting to become a lot like ESPN between Redskin fans. :trash:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

every qb in the NFL throws off his back foot under pressure some times . he couldnt step into that last int to crowder but you cant be a bitch and not try to make an executable play. 9 out of 10 times he hits that