• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles / Giants Week 3

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not even remotely accurate. What team goes for fourth and 8 at mid field with the lead before the half? Troy Aikman even commented that 99 out of 100 coaches would punt there. The Eagles had the only idiot that went for it. While the defense may have been playing well the passing offense was not at that point. The Giants were shutting down the pass.

Yet analytics show that for 4th and 8 on THE OPPONENT'S 43 yard line is the right play. You actually might get it, and usually a punt there ends up as a touchback. Even if you do not gain any yard, that makes only a 23 yard difference.

Blount was open from the very start of the play - with lots of room in front of him.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet analytics show that for 4th and 8 on THE OPPONENT'S 43 yard line is the right play. You actually might get it, and usually a punt there ends up as a touchback. Even if you do not gain any yard, that makes only a 23 yard difference.

Blount was open from the very start of the play - with lots of room in front of him.
Wentz had an open receiver. How he did not see that is beyond me!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Analytics? The game is not played with a calculator. When these analytics were considered did they take into account that the Giants were shutting down the pass. And while Blount was open he was well short of the first down and the Giants defense was playing at the marker and was willing to let a completion short.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the dumbest posts of the year. Did you even watch the game? Are you going to be a Pederson apologist like you were with Andy Reid.
Andy Reid has been one of the best coaches in the league for almost 20 years.

Since you brought it up:thumb:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analytics? The game is not played with a calculator. When these analytics were considered did they take into account that the Giants were shutting down the pass. And while Blount was open he was well short of the first down and the Giants defense was playing at the marker and was willing to let a completion short.

Sure - but 'going by gut' or 'going by convention' all the time is not the way to go either.

I hope the image uploads. In that play, Blount is open on the 39, closest defender 6 yards away. With the way Blount had been trucking others, he had a chance. Also, the defender closest to Blount is letting Jeffery get away - who was at the 39 yard line. And Wentz looked straight at both, while not (yet) being pressured...

I cannot add the screenshot, but it is painfully clear.

Attachments

• Capture 2a.jpg
    Capture 2a.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 12

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid has been one of the best coaches in the league for almost 20 years.

Since you brought it up:thumb:

Yes he has. Too bad he does not have any Superbowl Trophies.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to see the image but it is a still shot. From looking at it there appears to be 2 Giants charging towards Blount. I would rather see it at real time. I don't think he would have got it but it appears there could have been a shot. I think it was a low shot though...2 defenders charging him and he still will have to get 4 yards. He was standing still and would have to pick a side to turn and head upfield. However.....my stance still stand. It is a call that should never have been made. I looked up analytic numbers where it says the smart play is to go for it but none of them take into account game situations such as time on the clock, team performance and so forth.

Hopefully all 22 will discuss that play. I would love to see the film on it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for irony Dutch. I am watching he Chiefs game and saw the exact same thing your still shot shows. There were 2 missed tackles by the Chargers but he should have been tackled where he caught it. However.......it also gives credibility to your argument as well because Blount is strong enough to break a couple tackles as well and could have made it too.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad mcnabb was such a bitch at the end all the time.

Of course it is all McNabb's fault. What is the reason he has failed in Kansas City?

Reid is a good coach of that I will not dispute. He is average at best in the Playoffs.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard--why was Wiz in, just because Warmack was struggling? The line did seem to stabilize with him in there.

I hope that Warmack doesn't have a guaranteed contract. Another smart move by Howie.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually got extended recently, though it wasn't for a lot of money.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only on an eagles board can you come on and think we DIDNT just beat a division rival. You all are some fun mother fuckers.

We let them back in (as a team at this level is apt to do). But we stuck with it and pulled it out. Balls on the new kicker on that blast. That perservering and fighting to the end is what really matters with a squad where this one is at. Successful teams win the close games. And this team just put themselves at 2-0 in the division.

The rest is pointless blather at this point to me. Good win!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no analytics that say going for it on 4th and 8 at the 43 is a good idea. That's false.

Also, you have to consider the situation. At that point in the game the Eagles were up 7-0, dominating time of possession and playing very well. There were 3 minutes left in the half and the Giants were moving the ball but in small chunks.

So, by punting and making them drive the field, their odds of either getting the ball back or going into halftime up 7-0 were quite high. Now, we went into halftime 7-0 in the end, but only after a tremendous goal-line stand by our defense, a play that should never have happened.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGFlpQe.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no analytics that say going for it on 4th and 8 at the 43 is a good idea. That's false.

Also, you have to consider the situation. At that point in the game the Eagles were up 7-0, dominating time of possession and playing very well. There were 3 minutes left in the half and the Giants were moving the ball but in small chunks.

So, by punting and making them drive the field, their odds of either getting the ball back or going into halftime up 7-0 were quite high. Now, we went into halftime 7-0 in the end, but only after a tremendous goal-line stand by our defense, a play that should never have happened.
^^^Living to complain.

Pederson has balls. You don't.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this news sucks.. Sproles is out with a broken arm. Ouch, not good. Hope he has a good and quick recovery. WHo replaces his numbers?

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this news sucks.. Sproles is out with a broken arm. Ouch, not good. Hope he has a good and quick recovery. WHo replaces his numbers?

They will try to go with Smallwood but eventually Clement will get more carries.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will try to go with Smallwood but eventually Clement will get more carries.

and may force more of a commitment to running the football inside. Sproles was dynamic and it is near impossible to replace his contributions.