• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles / Giants Week 3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as you lose faith in Elliott. BOOM.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run has been there all day. If they had stuck to it earlier, it might not be this situation.

:L

If they passed more successfully it would have never come to that.

You people are fucking incredible:crazy:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

If they passed more successfully it would have never come to that.

You people are fucking incredible:crazy:

This is one of the dumbest posts of the year. Did you even watch the game? Are you going to be a Pederson apologist like you were with Andy Reid.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the dumbest posts of the year. Did you even watch the game? Are you going to be a Pederson apologist like you were with Andy Reid.

I did watch the game, probably going to watch it again later this week... at first glance the playcalling was not as bad as people make it out to be.

Later on this week there is more time to see what was there or not - and whether the play calling was wrong or the execution was not. Some of the passes were definitely there. If Ertz does not fumble, nobody complains.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O yeah, as pointed out by some - the running game got going only after Wizniewski came in.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O yeah, as pointed out by some - the running game got going only after Wizniewski came in.

Unless he started that is not completely accurate. Blount was having his way in the 1st quarter. He had some really good runs and we did not see him for a while. Going into the 4th quarter he only had 11 carries.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard--why was Wiz in, just because Warmack was struggling? The line did seem to stabilize with him in there.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he started that is not completely accurate. Blount was having his way in the 1st quarter. He had some really good runs and we did not see him for a while. Going into the 4th quarter he only had 11 carries.

Wizniewski came in on the 3rd series.

Why Blount went missing in the middle of the game, I do not know... By and large they continued running though...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at the game-book on NFL.com; Running game got going only in the 3rd series...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizniewski came in on the 3rd series.

Why Blount went missing in the middle of the game, I do not know... By and large they continued running though...

I am pleased with the run commitment but Pederson's personnel were brutal today. We could have beat the Giants into submission with Blount.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pleased with the run commitment but Pederson's personnel were brutal today. We could have beat the Giants into submission with Blount.

Might look that way (due to the physicality with which Blount runs), but Smallwood had the same average as Blount. Also, it was extremely hot out there, maybe trying to keep Blount somewhat fresh, by rotating him with Smallwood?

Quick glance at the gamebook seems he mixed up run and pass quite nicely...

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longest field goal in Eagles history.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might look that way (due to the physicality with which Blount runs), but Smallwood had the same average as Blount. Also, it was extremely hot out there, maybe trying to keep Blount somewhat fresh, by rotating him with Smallwood?

Quick glance at the gamebook seems he mixed up run and pass quite nicely...

I can see that argument but I honestly don't think that is why he did it. Smallwood was in the game for a lot more snaps than Blount. His runs in the 4th qtr upped his YPC. Up until that point Blount had him beat by 2 yards more per carry. The first goal to go situation Blount did not take a single snap yet smallwood got 2 runs and did jack shit. Second series Blount made it look easy and that is my point.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that argument but I honestly don't think that is why he did it. Smallwood was in the game for a lot more snaps than Blount. His runs in the 4th qtr upped his YPC. Up until that point Blount had him beat by 2 yards more per carry. The first goal to go situation Blount did not take a single snap yet smallwood got 2 runs and did jack shit. Second series Blount made it look easy and that is my point.

No idea if he did or not... Smallwood and Blount both ended up with 12 runs, BTW. Also, Smallwood seems to be in better shape than Blount... especially with this weather.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea if he did or not... Smallwood and Blount both ended up with 12 runs, BTW. Also, Smallwood seems to be in better shape than Blount... especially with this weather.

True and I do think that smallwood is better at picking up the blitz. I just think that a pound game would have made it easier. Hopefully Pederson will figure this out. I still think he was really bad in his personnel decisions. And we also have to concede that the Giants do have a very good defense.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and I do think that smallwood is better at picking up the blitz. I just think that a pound game would have made it easier. Hopefully Pederson will figure this out. I still think he was really bad in his personnel decisions. And we also have to concede that the Giants do have a very good defense.

We will see.... By and large I think that Pederson did not do nearly as bad as some people make it out to be... Some of the narratives simply fall apart when you look at the data and most simplisitic stats.

BTW, statistically that call on 4th and 8 was the right decision. Defense had been playing great as well to that point.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, statistically that call on 4th and 8 was the right decision. Defense had been playing great as well to that point.

That is not even remotely accurate. What team goes for fourth and 8 at mid field with the lead before the half? Troy Aikman even commented that 99 out of 100 coaches would punt there. The Eagles had the only idiot that went for it. While the defense may have been playing well the passing offense was not at that point. The Giants were shutting down the pass.

And if I am not mistaken Cox and Hicks were both out at that point.