• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles fans/media questioning Pederson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And promptly lost in their first playoff game
So then I guess you look at it this way. The Cowboys season will likely end in the next 3 weeks, but the Eagles season ended last week when Wentz went down:heh:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ok I’m wrong... losing Wentz is no big deal at all.
No one said that. You made a BS statement and are now trying to belittle others for calling you out on it. Any time a good player gets hurt his teams chances diminish. But saying that any team's season is automatically over because they lose their QB has been proven wrong when those teams are built properly. Don't try to change the subject now and act like your point was that it is a big deal to lose Wentz. You said any team that loses a top QB automatically has their season over. You just didn't like the proof thrown back at you. Why don't you just instead say that you meant that losing Wentz was such a big loss that the chances of Philly winning took a big hit and no one will disagree.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said that. You made a BS statement and are now trying to belittle others for calling you out on it. Any time a good player gets hurt his teams chances diminish. But saying that any team's season is automatically over because they lose their QB has been proven wrong when those teams are built properly. Don't try to change the subject now and act like your point was that it is a big deal to lose Wentz. You said any team that loses a top QB automatically has their season over. You just didn't like the proof thrown back at you. Why don't you just instead say that you meant that losing Wentz was such a big loss that the chances of Philly winning took a big hit and no one will disagree.

The seasons over. You guys listed a bunch of mediocre QBs from 30 years ago. This team was led by a MVP QB not great Defenses when it was a run oriented league. If Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wentz goes down your seasons over.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then I guess you look at it this way. The Cowboys season will likely end in the next 3 weeks, but the Eagles season ended last week when Wentz went down:heh:

You know exactly what I’m saying. Stop playing semantic games

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the season over the moment Dak took over?

Jim Plunkett replaced an injured Dan Pastorini = Wins SB
Jeff Hostleter replaced an injured Phil Simms = Wins SB
Kurt Warner replaced an injured Trent Green = Wins SB
Tom Brady replaced an injured Drew Bledsoe = Wins SB

Obviously these teams seasons weren't over.

Again END OF DISCUSSION

Now STFU.

Only undefeated season, the starting QB broke his ankle week 5. Came back but next start was for the SB to finish out the season with no losses at all.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had our share of injuries this year but none yet where a player is done for the year. I don't think anyway. Every team has injuries, but our division seems crazy this yr regarding injuries. I've lost count how many Skins and Giants are out. Then you think Eagles- Wentz, Peters, Hicks, and their K out for the season.
Sproles

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know exactly what I’m saying. Stop playing semantic games
You obviously don't know what I'm saying. I'm saying the season isn't over. How is that semantics?
and IMO he wasn't winning the MVP. But I'm not arguing something with you that can't be proven. Just weird how you keep saying it like it was a fact 10 times a day now that he is hurt.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't know what I'm saying. I'm saying the season isn't over. How is that semantics?
and IMO he wasn't winning the MVP. But I'm not arguing something with you that can't be proven. Just weird how you keep saying it like it was a fact 10 times a day now that he is hurt.
Pretty much everybody was calling him the MVP.

But you are correct, the season isn't over. They still have a good shot at home field and the defense and running game to give them a chance.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved Sproles. So exciting to watch in the open field. Not sure how effective he was going to be over 16 games and a playoff run though. Also I wonder if they actually ended up better off without him. Instead of giving him 2 or 3 carries and a handful of catches a game they seemed to use him a little too much. I think the running game ended up bette than if he were still there. But, used about a dozen plays a game he would have been a great asset for them.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved Sproles. So exciting to watch in the open field. Not sure how effective he was going to be over 16 games and a playoff run though. Also I wonder if they actually ended up better off without him. Instead of giving him 2 or 3 carries and a handful of catches a game they seemed to use him a little too much. I think the running game ended up bette than if he were still there. But, used about a dozen plays a game he would have been a great asset for them.
You could be right but maybe if he had to miss eight games or so they would have gotten this three headed monster thing down really well and he'd have been perfect coming back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everybody was calling him the MVP.

But you are correct, the season isn't over. They still have a good shot at home field and the defense and running game to give them a chance.
Absolutely. They do. The defense is very good and the league is just not strong. Forget about how they took a hit. Look around the league and tell me what team in the NFC is that much better and Philly has no chance against? Because I don't see any. Heck I sit here thinking if Dallas somehow gets in to the playoffs they have a shot and they haven't even played that well for big chunks of the year.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. They do. The defense is very good and the league is just not strong. Forget about how they took a hit. Look around the league and tell me what team in the NFC is that much better and Philly has no chance against? Because I don't see any. Heck I sit here thinking if Dallas somehow gets in to the playoffs they have a shot and they haven't even played that well for big chunks of the year.
Both Dallas and Green Bay.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right but maybe if he had to miss eight games or so they would have gotten this three headed monster thing down really well and he'd have been perfect coming back.
Yeah, coming back fresh and with the team humming along might have been nice weapon to add late in the year. Plus maybe Wentz doesn't run the ball on that play at the goal line and tosses it to Sproles instead:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely GB and was going to mention them too. If Rodgers is back they are trouble for any team. Lord knows he has crushed Dallas more than once with his game winning plays

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PhoenixEagles1 looks like you may be right about your boy Burton leaving and getting paid.

Trey Burton - TE - Eagles
NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo expects contract-year TE Trey Burton to land a "significant deal" this offseason.

Burton was tendered at the second-round level as a restricted free agent last offseason. He's one of the better backups in the league and has flashed with Zach Ertz sidelined — scoring three touchdowns in the two games Ertz has missed. With the tight end market shallow, it would be surprising if Burton didn't get starter-level money.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't try to change the subject now and act like your point was that it is a big deal to lose Wentz.
LOL....this guy won't see it in himself, but he's real good seeing the faults of others.

board cred remains his first priority and to me, he's pissing in to the wind on that

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In PhoenixEagles defense - how in the hell was Wentz not the MVP.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing is I am a fan of Foles as a top backup. I think he can do enough to win games. Heck, he already did it last week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles D not looking good at all early. Must be the Wentz injury:D