• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles fans/media questioning Pederson

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I get that. Maybe they could run the ball more, but that wasn't a running play he was hurt on. That was a scramble. He like Big Ben- holds the ball for as long as possible. I don't fault Wentz for going head first either. It was a TD that was called back. Sure he should slide more in the open field. Hopefully he learns, because the guy is awesome to watch. Dread playing him for the next 10-12 yrs

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, 48 passes to 24 runs. Then after he got hurt, 5 consecutive passes by Foles. We have some pretty good backs that were getting yards when they got the ball. i do not understand this love of throwing on most downs.
For the most part Doug P has done a good job, but he does not go to the run. It also makes the game shorter when you run the ball with a lead. Which we had at 1/2 time.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, 48 passes to 24 runs. Then after he got hurt, 5 consecutive passes by Foles. We have some pretty good backs that were getting yards when they got the ball. i do not understand this love of throwing on most downs.
For the most part Doug P has done a good job, but he does not go to the run. It also makes the game shorter when you run the ball with a lead. Which we had at 1/2 time.

I get what you are saying and for the most part you guys ran it well. The Rams came out after halftime a different team defensively IMO. Wentz/ Foles was getting hit every play. Wentz had a lot of incompletions in the first half but they still moved the ball well. The second half- everything seemed hard. Amazing a penalty on the Safety for trash talking extendedthat drive that Wentz was hurt. I hate it for you man. He is an awesome player.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying and for the most part you guys ran it well. The Rams came out after halftime a different team defensively IMO. Wentz/ Foles was getting hit every play. Wentz had a lot of incompletions in the first half but they still moved the ball well. The second half- everything seemed hard. Amazing a penalty on the Safety for trash talking extendedthat drive that Wentz was hurt. I hate it for you man. He is an awesome player.
I agree with alot of the things you say. Real Estate was a lot harder to come by in the 2nd half, but it seems they always abandon the run whether it works or not.
It is nice to read what you wrote from a Cowboys fan. I have been on the Philly paper message boards and some Giant and Cowboy fans are doing some heavy trolling. It feels like they are happy we lost our QB. I do not wish injury on anyone. Good luck the rest of the way.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with alot of the things you say. Real Estate was a lot harder to come by in the 2nd half, but it seems they always abandon the run whether it works or not.
It is nice to read what you wrote from a Cowboys fan. I have been on the Philly paper message boards and some Giant and Cowboy fans are doing some heavy trolling. It feels like they are happy we lost our QB. I do not wish injury on anyone. Good luck the rest of the way.

I just like good football man. I hate injuries. When Doug P. took the mic earlier, I was saying please say hyperextended. You guys still have a really good team.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like good football man. I hate injuries. When Doug P. took the mic earlier, I was saying please say hyperextended. You guys still have a really good team.
Noted you Winner because the attitude you show makes you a winner. Thank you.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excluding the Michael Irvin incident; as much as Eagle fans poked fun of Romo injuries, and have poked the Dak vs Wentz stick all season, it's very hard to feel sorry for that fan base.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont feel a bit sorry for Eagle fans. The ones i know have always said dallas sucks even when we were winning Superbowls. Did you hear those idiots in the background of the fox pregame broacast of the Eagles and Rams game. Shouting Dallas sucks. I dont wish injury on any player, but I dont feel sorry for Eagle fans.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get into all that bull shit. If people want to do that that's their right. I seriously doubt every eagle fan cheered their injuries. Wemtz would have likely been the MVP. That injury sucks.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excluding the Michael Irvin incident; as much as Eagle fans poked fun of Romo injuries, and have poked the Dak vs Wentz stick all season, it's very hard to feel sorry for that fan base.

I'm feel bad for the NFL fans as a whole. I am a football fan first, Packers fan second and hate to see any talented player, regardless of team, go down with an injury.

The kid is good for the NFL and I hope he heals 100% soon.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone making a joke of a guy like Wentz getting injured is no true football fan. Guys like Wentz come along generally once in a generation. In a twist of fate, I think the NFC East got two last year, though Dak is going through some growing pains this season.

I agree with mannyz on the criticism of Pederson for being overly pass happy. Unfortunately, too many coaches and offensive coordinators are in a "win now" frame of mind that they aren't thinking long term for the health of their qbs and the long term success of their franchise. Running backs are built and trained to take the punishment. Qbs are not.

How many qbs have had mcl tears in the last 8-10 years? How many of them come back to be what they were prior to their injuries?

I hope Wentz is around for another 10-15 years, because I love the idea of the rivalry that this will generate in the NFC East.

Just to be clear - I still can't stand the Eagles, and will never pull for them to win unless it helps Dallas.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feel bad for the NFL fans as a whole. I am a football fan first, Packers fan second and hate to see any talented player, regardless of team, go down with an injury.

The kid is good for the NFL and I hope he heals 100% soon.
I don't. Most NFL fans are maniacal zealots and take the game too seriously. It wasn't more evident than the Jag fans throwing shit at the Seahawk player. People take this shit too serious. Too many fans get overly invested and live vicariously through their teams and players. And I know this may seem hypocritical considering my first post in this thread. But I'm not overly sensitive nor care all that much. I just frankly don't feel sorry for Eagle fans considering how they are and how they treat rivals. Wentz is a millionaire, most players come back and be just fine after ACL tears because athletes and celebs get the best medical care in the world, and he isn't dying. I think he'll be okay.

Last edited:

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t say Dallas sucks, I don’t say any team sucks. I have some class and I am an Eagles fan for many years and go to the games. I’m from the old school. But I know what others here are talking about when they say that some Eagles fans have no class and make fun of other teams misfortunes. Some say it is all in fun, sometimes I have my doubts. I have seen bad behavior by fans at the games through the years. I go with my son, who has season tickets in the club level. We get to the parking lot usually by about 9:30am on a Sunday and have a great time tailgating with the guys. We take his boys who are 12 and 15 years old. He does not say anything about any team sucking and the kids had better not be caught saying it either. He travels to one away game a year where the Eagles are playing anywhere in the country. He and his friend from Philly go together. Even though he wears his Eagles gear he says he has never been harassed by the home team fans. So far, so good. I think that the way you conduct yourself in public is a reflection, for the most part, on how you were raised.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I get that. Maybe they could run the ball more, but that wasn't a running play he was hurt on. That was a scramble. He like Big Ben- holds the ball for as long as possible. I don't fault Wentz for going head first either. It was a TD that was called back. Sure he should slide more in the open field. Hopefully he learns, because the guy is awesome to watch. Dread playing him for the next 10-12 yrs
Me neither. When QBs get hurt everyone says they need to be more careful, when they don't they are tough and winners...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. When QBs get hurt everyone says they need to be more careful, when they don't they are tough and winners...

I know our Qb is going Head first right there and I don't mind it. He got flipped earlier in the year at Arizona. I knew that Wentz got stuck though. He got squared up pretty good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the topic a little, but the Michael Irvin injury was brought up. Anyone remember who the Qb was that beat us that day??. We were 3-0 going into that game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know our Qb is going Head first right there and I don't mind it. He got flipped earlier in the year at Arizona. I knew that Wentz got stuck though. He got squared up pretty good.
Agree. When Dak runs that read option I'm loving it. And it's at the point now where I'm hoping he just scrambles on every 3rd and short when he has the chance. But at the same time when he got his hand hit by a helmet on the option pitch I'm saying "why are you running that with a QB". So I'm just as bad as everyone else. Just pointing out how fans and media react. Sometimes we let the result decide whether or not the play was "smart". But, when push comes to shove I feel our team (and Philly and some other teams) is a better team when our QB is being aggressive so I am all for it

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the topic a little, but the Michael Irvin injury was brought up. Anyone remember who the Qb was that beat us that day??. We were 3-0 going into that game.

Would you be surprised to learn it was Doug?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ship in the harbor is safe. But that is not what ships are built for.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Douggie P.. McMabb was waiting in the wings. The Eagles scored a last minute TD to beat Dallas.