• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Day 3 Draft Talk

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with Rey here on Sweat, he played a "4-Tech" position at FSU which negated his athletic traits. I thought he was the most intriguing pick we made - it was stunning to see his combine numbers being what they were given that the knee injury he suffered in HS was so serious, the doctors initially told him he might lose a part of his leg. Not only was he playing out of position a lot of times, but also recovering from the injury the three years he played at FSU, and still produced decent numbers.

A good read I found just before the draft, some good insight on what we're getting:

The Josh Sweat Miracle: From Leg 'Snapped in Half' to Fastest DE in the Draft

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent analysis...Rey/NE! I never dug into Sweat much, just watched the games. I always attributed not seeing his impact much as the inury/still recovering from the injury.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent analysis...Rey/NE! I never dug into Sweat much, just watched the games. I always attributed not seeing his impact much as the inury/still recovering from the injury.

I agree. Nice posts Ray/NE. Thanks for the reads. Looks like a lot of potential and really shows the team's commitment to the DL and keeping it in a smooth transition - not simply filling spots AFTER someone has left. This is how you stay good. Will be great to see how he develops.