• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Day 3 Draft Talk

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
projects are good... and I've always been a fan of BPA "of need". The DE was the only head scrather. I'm surprised the DB was as short as he is. And I would have expected a RB or S instead of a DE. But, in FO I trust. The Goedert pick alone, made this weak draft a win in my book.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO FAR, the Eagles have about 11 picks in next year's draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching his tape I'm really liking this Avonte Adams kid ... change of direction is stellar as is his break on the ball. With his size he is obviously pigeon holed to the nickel/dime/slot, but we have plenty of outside guys, he was the one piece we needed in the 2ndary. I was also impressed his his tackle ability ... not afraid and he has good form.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams seems like a good selection for a fourth rounder. He will be a nickel back, but that is an important position in the modern NFL. He can cover guys like Cole Beasley.

He is also a pretty capable returner with that 4.3 speed he has.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
projects are good... and I've always been a fan of BPA "of need". The DE was the only head scrather. I'm surprised the DB was as short as he is. And I would have expected a RB or S instead of a DE. But, in FO I trust. The Goedert pick alone, made this weak draft a win in my book.

Sweat was kind of a need pick, if you keep in mind that Long, Bennett, and maybe even Graham are not long-term Eagles. All are going to be over 30 or are already. After this year, we may need a DE to start or at least play a lot of snaps, and that may be Sweat opposite of Barnett. So it is kind of a stash pick--a guy with first round talent in the fourth round.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez was cut, Beasley is still a Cowboy.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweat was kind of a need pick, if you keep in mind that Long, Bennett, and maybe even Graham are not long-term Eagles. All are going to be over 30 or are already. After this year, we may need a DE to start or at least play a lot of snaps, and that may be Sweat opposite of Barnett. So it is kind of a stash pick--a guy with first round talent in the fourth round.
Yeah ... he's a kid that we can take our time with. He has tremendous tools, so with the right tutelage we can have a fastball for the future.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - The Switzer kid was traded to the Raiders not Beasley.

I am very excited about Dallas Goedert. I do not follow college so I could tell you anything about these players but I have trust that our FO knows what it is doing. We, obviously, have a good team since we are Super Bowl Champions (Don't think I will ever get tired of saying that)!

Darren Sproles is coming back and if he is healthy will be big boost!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ... he's a kid that we can take our time with. He has tremendous tools, so with the right tutelage we can have a fastball for the future.

This....right here.

Sweat was a huge name coming out of HS...huge for the Seminoles. Overall his time there is considered less than expected, but thats not his fault as he was coming back from a heinous injury. From my view....I am always concerned about a recent and big injury and had lowered expectations on his time with FSU. Against those expectations he soared until he was done.....much better each year and each game.

I like this move since it is not an immediate need.....I think it is possible this is a kid who is a year or two away from being solidly past that injury years ago. High upside for sure!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long Cox Sweat

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avonte Maddox reminds me a bit of Brandon Boykin - small but tough and competitive, great athlete. Could have similar upside playing the slot.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - The Switzer kid was traded to the Raiders not Beasley.

I am very excited about Dallas Goedert. I do not follow college so I could tell you anything about these players but I have trust that our FO knows what it is doing. We, obviously, have a good team since we are Super Bowl Champions (Don't think I will ever get tired of saying that)!

Darren Sproles is coming back and if he is healthy will be big boost!

Looks OK to me

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching ESPN and for what it's worth, Mel Kiper said that Dallas Goedert was a 2nd round steal ...

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching ESPN and for what it's worth, Mel Kiper said that Dallas Goedert was a 2nd round steal ...

absolutely! He was suppose to go lower 1st. He and Hurst were back/forth as the #1 TE overall. Hurst has more potential to contribute faster, while Goedert looks to have a higher upside and is younger, but might not really flourish until year 2.

I wanted him bad at 1.32. I could not believe the trade down when he was still there. I figured we missed our opportunity. Honestly, we should have. Thank gawd for Witten's announcement that helped push us to trade up and go get this kid. Was a huge risk not taking him at 1.32. I'm not sure if Doug is this good... or just this damn lucky. But i'll take it either way. Sometimes it pays to be lucky.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'll be an adjustment for him athletically. But he's got the size and hands.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to watching a whole bunch of Josh Sweat film. My thought is that he was not used how he will be used as a pro. At FSU he was used very often as a "contain" type End where his role was to collapse the pocket while the LB'ers and Safety's roam outside the box. His best success is when I saw him line up Wide (as he will be asked to do here) where his sole purpose was to rush the passer. He is actually pretty good against the run (and has power) which is probably why his role at FSU was more of a mush rusher; he's also not quick off the snap, but when his role was to line up wide (which wasn't often enough) he would get off much quicker on the snap. Another thing I noticed was a lack of pass rush moves ... I guess because of his role (similar to a 5 tech at FSU), the coaches didn't work too much on his pass rush moves and ultimately cost him money in the draft. With the Birds I can see his role being totally different than his role in college and they will likely use his rookie year to mold him into that Wide 9 End while working on developing moves/counter moves.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another couple of things with Sweat ... FSU had him play inside the Tackle's shoulder with "both" hands in the dirt which is more on a 3-4 DLineman stance and alignment (slows down the get off). Our Defensive scheme will have him Line up Wide of the OT and with one hand in the dirt or even standing take off. Again, our Defensive scheme will be much more fitting to his talents than his scheme at FSU. The 2nd thing is that he will no longer be playing with the brace; Sweat stated that after shedding the brace this off-season has been a freeing experience. He said that he had gotten accustomed to the brace, but that once he shed it in post season workouts ... he feels like night and day with regards to being able to move and change directions. I have a feeling that 3 years from now we will be talking about him as one of the steals of this draft.