• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Day 2 Draft Talk

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK this round is where I could see us get a pick if we trade a player like Mychal Kendricks or Ronald Darby. I see Darby as unlikely now that the knucklehead Worley got his ass cut, but I still think it could happen, given that he is a FA at season's end.
I'm sticking with the 49ers being the trade partner with us for Kendricks.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goedert was the best TE this year. We will be Dangerous!!
This was probably the NFCE's worst nightmare us taking arguably the best TE in the draft. Huge matchup nightmare.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sticking with the 49ers being the trade partner with us for Kendricks.
we have no replacement for him and he was solid last year and lived up to the contract, what would you suggest the trade be for?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to disagree, liked the script he was going off of, though i felt it could have been delivered better, especially by the likes of eric allen who commented on spears dumb shit during the draft last year

Agree totally on this. Script was good and he gave it his best. But damnit. That was bad casting by the Team. Allen would have been good. Dawk would have been insane!!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 deep now, but best case, i thought williams could have replaced him, again, it's all a crapshoot. i can only read projections. he could sound like a guy that could have fit in there eventually, still other OTs that are athletic that can do the same. i am excited to see their 2 TE sets. wonder if they drop Rodgers before the season starts.

Goedert can do it all... unlike somebody like Gesicki. Surprised it took until 49 for this kid to get drafted.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally on this. Script was good and he gave it his best. But damnit. That was bad casting by the Team. Allen would have been good. Dawk would have been insane!!

Dawk would have been awesome.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 deep now, but best case, i thought williams could have replaced him, again, it's all a crapshoot. i can only read projections. he could sound like a guy that could have fit in there eventually, still other OTs that are athletic that can do the same. i am excited to see their 2 TE sets. wonder if they drop Rodgers before the season starts.

WHY??? This makes no sense. We lost 2 good TE's in Burton and Celek. Goedert replaces Burton as a capable hands TE and Rodgers replaces Celek as an old vet and depth. We run a lot of 2 TE's. Having a 3rd for rotation is a necessity. Why would you think we would drop Rodgers?? If anything, we will need more out of Rodgers until Goedert gets up to speed. Rookies often have a hard time because they don't get out of school and get enough camp time. It is often year 2 that they begin to show their potential, and year 3 they really shine. We are not rebuilding - we are in the prime of our window right now. That is why a smooth transition of players is vitally important to staying strong. TE is the only position we crashed on and had such a strong need. While we lost Blount, we already had Ajayi who was proven, along with Clement and a returning Sproles in the group. TE was clearly our biggest need, and Doug did a GREAT job of filling it. I just hope Goedert gets up to speed fast. We got superbowl(s) to win! :D

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was probably the NFCE's worst nightmare us taking arguably the best TE in the draft. Huge matchup nightmare.

they had their chance.

Instead, the rest of the NFCE decided a premier RB was more important. Thank goodness we have such depth at the DL and are made to stop the run. :D :D :D

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goedert can do it all... unlike somebody like Gesicki. Surprised it took until 49 for this kid to get drafted.

I've been watching tape/film and reading up on him since we drafted him and I think we did very well drafting this kid. Not a great blocker, but better at it than Zach Ertz coming into the league (can obviously be worked on). Extremely similar to Ertz, but is a bit more athletic with even better hands. Ertz has turned into a great weapon for us ... and now we may have two of them for Carson or Foles to throw to. Huge hands and very long arms ... we will see plenty of 2 TE sets to take advantage of the mismatches this will create moving forward.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawk would have been awesome.

Thinking about it some....and maybe I’ll give the team a break. Maybe the did approach Dawk and he politefuly declined. It’s possible this isn’t Dawks thing (trolling). Yep, he was best ever at talking up his unit or his team. But I cannot remember him out and out disparaging the other team. I think this is all good fun. But he might not see it that way.

Plus, maybe their is a rule against Dawk calling a pick because he works for the org.

Still, someone like Eric Allen could have been awesome!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the pick....I do love this move. This kid looks real deal. Ertz took a little bit to really get the hands he has now in the pros. Many of us made this gripe for years until he got it down. Goedert could get the pro hands down much much faster. And I also think it possible his blocking upside could be coached up more quickly than Ertz.

A solid pick. A needed pick. And taking it right out from under the Cowboys in Dallas is just the icing. Love this!

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this the draft Jerry Jones wanted so badly in Dallas. This shit was a dud.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching tape/film and reading up on him since we drafted him and I think we did very well drafting this kid. Not a great blocker, but better at it than Zach Ertz coming into the league (can obviously be worked on). Extremely similar to Ertz, but is a bit more athletic with even better hands. Ertz has turned into a great weapon for us ... and now we may have two of them for Carson or Foles to throw to. Huge hands and very long arms ... we will see plenty of 2 TE sets to take advantage of the mismatches this will create moving forward.

I think I read/heard somewhere, that Ertz didn't miss a single catchable pass last season. Hard to beat that.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this the draft Jerry Jones wanted so badly in Dallas. This shit was a dud.

I noticed that too - I don't know if it was because the damn stadium is so big, but there was no energy whatsoever. The best parts were all the fans and team alumni trolling Dallas. Akers was great.