• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Chiefs Game thread

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't overreact to a road loss to one of the 3-4 best teams in the league playing with a 3 days extra rest, not to mention being down 3 of the 5 nickel starters by the second quarter. The Eagles acquitted themselves well.

Yes, true, but when you have the chance to win, you have to close the deal.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Why extend Warmack, but not even dress him for the game? We have to find 5 tough guys who can run block?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were in this for the majority of the game. Chiefs have one of the best D's and they are really tuff to beat at home. The INT off the bounce unfortunately shifted all the momentum to the Chiefs and we couldn't overcome it. We HAVE to help Wentz with some semblance of a running game moving forward; we can't just lay it all on a 2nd year QB. Overall I thought Wentz played well ... looking forward to next week.

While all I got to check out today was the highlights...this sums up my thoughts nicely.
We just came a Hail Mary away from tying one of the best teams in a tough environment.

Sure, there are things to pick apart, always is. But for those that are caught bitching too much about the loss should really take a look at adjusting expectation.

This was a good looking effort for where this team is.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to put things in perspective ... it's tuff to beat good Defenses when you go to their place. Look at the Cowpokes ... losing by 25 to Denver heading into the 4th quarter.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to put things in perspective ... it's tuff to beat good Defenses when you go to their place. Look at the Cowpokes ... losing by 25 to Denver heading into the 4th quarter.

And as soon as I say that Witten opens up the 4th quarter with a long TD ... lol

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it hurts to lose this game, but I'm liking the future prospects of this team a ton. We're going to be very competitive this year, but our future is even more bright. I predicated a close game till the 4th, and it was going to be anyones game at that point. Chiefs got a few breaks, and ran away with it at the end. We faced some serious adversity, on the road, at arrowhead, against Reid's old team, that home field crowd was crazy. Chiefs are also one of the most talented teams in the league. We did a great job, and just let it slip away at the end. Even harder when you lose your starting Safety and another DB, one week after losing Darby. I like where this team is headed

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbre looked good at LT for Denver. That is my biggest concern, why we can't block well for the run game, when we have a "guru" OL coach? I know we'll get a stud RB next year, but it is frustrating right now.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man we beat Alex Smith up. LOVING this defense. The CB will get better with Darby back and hopefully Sidney Jones turns out to be the talent we hope. This defense is going to be something really special. They are already playing lights out. If we had better blocking at the OL, esp vs stunts up the middle, and some resemblance of a running game - I think this offense would take off. Wentz is going to be the best QB we have ever had. I'm looking forward to the game slowing down more for him.

Unfort, I was traveling while the game was on and had to listen to it on the radio. Will watch it tomorrow. Damn exciting game to listen to tho. We were in this game to the end. Damn shame KC seemed to be able to run away, yet again in the 4th QTR.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious about something... In this espn article.. Pederson says...

"We've just got to get the whole thing fixed," said head coach Doug Pederson. "When you play good teams like we did, good defenses, you have to have the ability to run the ball. This is two weeks in a row we've struggled, so it's an area that we have to fix."

Yet, Blount didn't get 1 carry, and Sproles carried 10 times for 48 yards (4.8 ypc is pretty damn good).

It just seems like he is complaining about an issue that he is creating. Does he have so little faith in our OL's run blocking that he just feels running is not an option??? If he feels running the ball is so important, then why isn't he doing it???

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually sat and watched most of the game yesterday which is a first in a long time.

Wentz looks good, there are 3 things that he needs to work on. 1. Stop fumbling. 2. Get the ball up... so there is little chance for a knocked down pass or a pass that bounces off of a lineman. 3. Deep pass accuracy isn't there yet.

If it wasn't for Sproles we wouldn't of had any sort of run game. Why is smallwood on our team?

Overall I am glad they were in the game for most of it. We have glaring needs at kicker, RB and could have some better O-line play.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder how much better we could be if we had kept Barbre. For a 7th round pick and a little cap savings we weakened our OL. Granted, they wanted to anoint Seumalo as a guard to get him some experience, because a year from now they plan to move him to C and Warmack to LG. But let him earn it! He was handed a job he didn't earn.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz played well as well. To be honest I think the team as a whole played pretty good. The offfensive line held up against one the best defenses in the NFL. However......Kelce is garbage and should not be starting. We were in this game and to be honest I thought we played better than the Chiefs........until the 4th qtr.

The INT that killed us I put on the coaching. Yes it was tipped at the line but Wentz had to throw it lower than normal because it was to Sproles who is arguably the shortest player in the NFL. My issue is with the play call. It was a horrible call......a screen pass....when it has not fooled anyone yet. Last week against the skins they were all over it. This week against the Chiefs they seem to know the play better than the offense did.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope that Lurie and Roseman have the talk with Pederson that we all know: Move Seumalo to Center, and put Warmack at LG. Jon Ritchie says, if we need a fullback,let Kelce play the FB spot. He can't play center, but Seumalo can. Geesh!!!

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope that Lurie and Roseman have the talk with Pederson that we all know: Move Seumalo to Center, and put Warmack at LG. Jon Ritchie says, if we need a fullback,let Kelce play the FB spot. He can't play center, but Seumalo can. Geesh!!!

So if Seumalo is a lousy guard, the answer is to move him to Center? A position he has never played as a pro?

This organization is making poor decisions on the OL. Keeping Kelce, promoting Seumalo, trading Barbre, signing Warmack to a longer contract, carrying only 3 OTs when one of them is 35 years old...All look like poor choices at this point.

The interior line is a mess, resulting in a poor run game and constant pressure on Wentz. Wentz is doing amazingly well given the pressure. Showing great poise under pressure. If he could figure out the deep ball accuracy thing we will be great.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did good against a team that had 10 days to prepare for us. We are in year 2 of our rebuild so not all the pieces are in place yet. All in all, this was a solid game. We can blame the OL all we want but Wants had a lot of plays were he had plenty to time. Sproles also had 48 yards on 10 carries so why would I not be happy with 4.8 yards a carry?

Smallwood had 3 carries for 4 yards and Blount wasn't really even used. This line would look a lot better if we had a Running Back that was actually good. Don't get me wrong, I love Sproles but we are in trouble if he is our main back again this year.

Hopefully, we get all our guys back healthy so we can beat the Giants.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe no one came down with the Hail Mary! White shirts were everywhere!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all I got to check out today was the highlights...this sums up my thoughts nicely.
We just came a Hail Mary away from tying one of the best teams in a tough environment.

Sure, there are things to pick apart, always is. But for those that are caught bitching too much about the loss should really take a look at adjusting expectation.

This was a good looking effort for where this team is.

The defense was kicking ass on enemy turf all 1st half. Holding after that Sproles fumble was beautiful.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder how much better we could be if we had kept Barbre. For a 7th round pick and a little cap savings we weakened our OL. Granted, they wanted to anoint Seumalo as a guard to get him some experience, because a year from now they plan to move him to C and Warmack to LG. But let him earn it! He was handed a job he didn't earn.
Agreed. Seumalo is the weak link.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Seumalo is a lousy guard, the answer is to move him to Center? A position he has never played as a pro?

This organization is making poor decisions on the OL. Keeping Kelce, promoting Seumalo, trading Barbre, signing Warmack to a longer contract, carrying only 3 OTs when one of them is 35 years old...All look like poor choices at this point.

The interior line is a mess, resulting in a poor run game and constant pressure on Wentz. Wentz is doing amazingly well given the pressure. Showing great poise under pressure. If he could figure out the deep ball accuracy thing we will be great.

Shoulda fucking kept Mathis but the JV coach just pissed it away. That idiots mistakes are still hurting us.