• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles at Giants - Week 15

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the W is all that matters. the defense can't dominate every week and the offense can't always tear it up. come out and smash oakland next monday.. no one will give a crap about how bad this week looked.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was on target today. Foles did his job well. A big win in spite of the defensive flaws. Big
plays when we needed them. I am happy!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week at halftime my concern was this defense. Ultimately I realize that nothing that has happened since halftime last weekend had changed that worry. All the talk about Foles taking over, and the offense looked fine.

The defense is still the concern heading to the playoffs.

In the overall scheme a W is a W. not to mention one that locks up a bye....one less game to play to get there.

But if I'm thinking about what I'm going to worry about heading to January....it's not really Foles and the offense right now. It's the defense. Tighten up ladies!

Driving home just now I'm listening to the Rams-Seahawks and thinking "damnit...I don't want to see this Rams team again". And then I went through the list of who I dont want to see in the playoffs and that list has gotten large. Just a short while ago I didn't care who came to Philly in January....just bring it. Boy has that changed.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week at halftime my concern was this defense. Ultimately I realize that nothing that has happened since halftime last weekend had changed that worry. All the talk about Foles taking over, and the offense looked fine.

The defense is still the concern heading to the playoffs.

In the overall scheme a W is a W. not to mention one that locks up a bye....one less game to play to get there.

But if I'm thinking about what I'm going to worry about heading to January....it's not really Foles and the offense right now. It's the defense. Tighten up ladies!

Driving home just now I'm listening to the Rams-Seahawks and thinking "damnit...I don't want to see this Rams team again". And then I went through the list of who I dont want to see in the playoffs and that list has gotten large. Just a short while ago I didn't care who came to Philly in January....just bring it. Boy has that changed.
Keep in mind that Eli was auditioning for his future today. He stepped it up no doubt. I think our D will be OK.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that Eli was auditioning for his future today. He stepped it up no doubt. I think our D will be OK.

To me....that's bullshit. All respect to Eli. Always has been. But he doesn't really have shit to work with there.

We gave up 500+ to the second worst offense in the league. That happens in Sept you roll with it. It happens in Dec you feel alarm.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No alarms to me. Our defense will be just fine. Give the Giants credit for their prep work. Give Eli credit for stepping up. The Eagles will see the film and figure it out.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have much work to do to get us to the SB. We basically gave up 9 receptions each quarter. Manning was drilling our defense all day (37/57). I was thinking were some guys wandering over to the bench for refreshments?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the W is all that matters. the defense can't dominate every week and the offense can't always tear it up. come out and smash oakland next monday.. no one will give a crap about how bad this week looked.

It's a damn good thing Foles showed up to play with 4 TDs. 37 receptions is too much to give up. I hope the right guys get humiliated as the team reviews the game tape.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the Giants SB this year, with Eli playing with a large chip on his shoulder plus a Divisional game. The fact is we won that game after getting blasted in the first half. We still won. Thats a character win. Win the games you are supposed to.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Foles looked pretty damn good for his first start in a longgggg time.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a good player, but this definitely hasn't been his best season. Maybe he's lost a step or two, but he's been beaten badly a couple times this year, and has had a few bad PI's

Time to draft his replacement.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start by the defense so far :sigh:
I've been wrong on the defense 2 of the last three weeks now. No clue what Schwartz is fucking doing. We're really missing Hicks and Kendricks hasn't made a play since October.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how good or bad either team is we play a close game. I think the last 9 or 10 games have been decided by 5 or less points. Our defense definitely needs to step up or we are going no where.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks will get traded this off season. A stud LB'er could very easily be our 21st round pick, if he's the BPA. Actually, if we can make a deal to get a 2nd round pick, I'd like to draft Joey Jewel (Iowa) in the 2nd round. He is a heat seeking missile - a very high motor, which is what we need. I think we sign a FA OT to back up or replace Peters. Big V is only a very average backup - not a starter, which everybody knows. He is big, but not tough.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks will get traded this off season. A stud LB'er could very easily be our 21st round pick, if he's the BPA. Actually, if we can make a deal to get a 2nd round pick, I'd like to draft Joey Jewel (Iowa) in the 2nd round. He is a heat seeking missile - a very high motor, which is what we need. I think we sign a FA OT to back up or replace Peters. Big V is only a very average backup - not a starter, which everybody knows. He is big, but not tough.
I love Joey Jewell. I would have no problem drafting him. He reminds me of another Iowa great Chad Greenway.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and think Jewell has even more intensity. He is a playmaker, and game changer.
Get'im, Howie!