• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty Would You Rather

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously dedicated to HIM winning, that's all that's obvious. Haven't seen anything from him suggesting heshabout the team winning, and that is obvious. I can't honestly see anything, outside of admiration for pure athletic ability, that ANYONE would love about this guy.

His hair!!

And relationship with the kicking net!!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the video for OBJ certainly isnt encouraging, hes never failed a drug test or gotten in any actual trouble. As of now hes a loooooooong way from being kicked from the league. Zeke on the other hand is literally one more stupid decision from getting that lifetime ban...

Cooks is 24 years old with 3900+ yards and 27 TDs in his career (3 straight 1000 yard seasons). Can we really call that overrated?

Arob vs Adams - because Arob has no competition for targets and is the better receiver in a more creative offense. For sure Adams has the better QB but I think the overall situations are close enough that Ill take who (I think) is the better player

Hmm interesting point about Juju. I guess things could fall apart there quickly.

Lol exactly how I feel about Landry.
But anyways enough about OBJ the douche/not a douche..
Yes, we can still call him overrated..and we can also now call him a Ram.
As for Adams v ARob..first you'll have to find a way to convince me that the 2018 version of ARob, coming off the torn up knee is somehow a given to be a better recriver. Then, if by some miracle you were able to do that, than you next miracle would be somehow convincingmecof the "creativity" of the Bears offense, and Trub's ability to run it, if it was.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep being blown away by all the people knocking OBJ for being a head case but not seeming to care about Zeke.

You make a good point, guess I see Zeke being much more into being a better player then OBJ. Zeke suspended, work out manic, OBJ going to the playoffs taking a vacation to party.

True Hunts usage was a bit up and down. But hes more complete and dare I say...just a better player.

More well rounded, but not a better player and not the center piece like Fournette is.

Mckinnons a JAG in a better situation.

Won't matter, he's had good situations before and the results speak loudly to me.

Several people have picked AROB but those who have gone Adams seem to think it isnt even close. Personally I think the situations are close (not the QBs but the situations) enough that Ill take the better player (AROB). I definitely dont see how its Adams by a wide margin though - hes never even had 1000 yards!

He (Adams) missed a 1000 yards by three yards one year and Robinson has only has 1, count them, 1000 yards seasons. This is a what have you done lately league and Adams wins that hands down. Now he's the clear #1 in high flying passing offense with Rogers throwing to him and Robinson is in a offense that well be running the ball a lot and he has Trubisky throwing to him.

Trade market speaks loudly in Adams favor, in the two leagues I had him, got offers I could not say no to, even though I love Adams. I'll bet Robinson owners don't get those kind of offers, in fact they are most likely including him in offers to others. I know he's been offered to me. Had to say no to those those though.:D

Cooper disappointed last year but Id argue his 1st 2 seasons far exceeded expectations.

Only if your expectations were lower then the majority IMO. He was drafted at 1.4 has not lived up to that.
On the Adams vs Robinson argument. What is the track record for WRs going to a new team and excelling. I’m sure there have been some, but those have been dwarfed by the number of those that have fell flat with the new team.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Adams vs Robinson argument. What is the track record for WRs going to a new team and excelling. I’m sure there have been some, but those have been dwarfed by the number of those that have fell flat with the new team.

I guess you guys are probably correct. I just think AROB. Is a top 5 WR talent. And you have to believe that a team who is so invested in that qb has to let him throw the ball. Right??

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you guys are probably correct. I just think AROB. Is a top 5 WR talent. And you have to believe that a team who is so invested in that qb has to let him throw the ball. Right??
IMO they are going to try to protect their raw QB by not only running the ball a lot, but designing safe passes to build up his confidence. What they are not going to do is have him throwing way downfield, where crushing turnovers will crush both the QB and the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just mention a Name as a example........Pryor to the Redskins.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep being blown away by all the people knocking OBJ for being a head case but not seeming to care about Zeke.

You make a good point, guess I see Zeke being much more into being a better player then OBJ. Zeke suspended, work out manic, OBJ going to the playoffs taking a vacation to party.

True Hunts usage was a bit up and down. But hes more complete and dare I say...just a better player.

More well rounded, but not a better player and not the center piece like Fournette is.

Mckinnons a JAG in a better situation.

Won't matter, he's had good situations before and the results speak loudly to me.

Several people have picked AROB but those who have gone Adams seem to think it isnt even close. Personally I think the situations are close (not the QBs but the situations) enough that Ill take the better player (AROB). I definitely dont see how its Adams by a wide margin though - hes never even had 1000 yards!

He (Adams) missed a 1000 yards by three yards one year and Robinson has only has 1, count them, 1000 yards seasons. This is a what have you done lately league and Adams wins that hands down. Now he's the clear #1 in high flying passing offense with Rogers throwing to him and Robinson is in a offense that well be running the ball a lot and he has Trubisky throwing to him.

Trade market speaks loudly in Adams favor, in the two leagues I had him, got offers I could not say no to, even though I love Adams. I'll bet Robinson owners don't get those kind of offers, in fact they are most likely including him in offers to others. I know he's been offered to me. Had to say no to those those though.:D

Cooper disappointed last year but Id argue his 1st 2 seasons far exceeded expectations.

Only if your expectations were lower then the majority IMO. He was drafted at 1.4 has not lived up to that.

I think OBJ is a hard worker. In fact I think hes crazy in a cross between TO and MJ kinda way. Sure hes a nut. But hes a pretty harmless nut whos obsessed with dominating and being the best he can be. I wouldnt worry about his work ethic for a second.

Fair point about Fournette and Hunt. Jacksonville is more committed to Fournette.

McKinnons never had a situation like this though. Also this is weird because Ive never actually been a Mckinnon fan but McCoy is getting old. If Im a contender id probably prefer McCoy out of familiarity but im not sure he holds more value.

Sure Arob only has 1 1000 yard season but it was a 1400 yard 14 TD season. That comfortably outdoes anything Adams has done. Since then hes had one down year and one injured year. I think putting Adams ahead of Arob is just recency bias. A full season getting #1 receiver looks in a creative offense is gonna mean an Arob bounce back imo. I also think we're discounting trubiscuit a bit. He might be a very good QB yet.

Cooper is one of 3 receivers in NFL history to have 70 catches and 1000 yards in each of his first 2 seasons.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously dedicated to HIM winning, that's all that's obvious. Haven't seen anything from him suggesting heshabout the team winning, and that is obvious. I can't honestly see anything, outside of admiration for pure athletic ability, that ANYONE would love about this guy.

But why assume he only cares about himself? He punched the wall because THEY lost. He fought a kicking net because the game was going poorly for the TEAM.

Well the pure athletic ability is a start. He does some outright amazing stuff. But hes fun. We need characters in the NFL. Who wants to watch a bunch of boring robots? Give me the guys who care and the guys who want to celebrate their touchdowns and then talk some shit to the corner they just roasted. Hes probably my favorite non Redskins player in the NFL.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But anyways enough about OBJ the douche/not a douche..
Yes, we can still call him overrated..and we can also now call him a Ram.
As for Adams v ARob..first you'll have to find a way to convince me that the 2018 version of ARob, coming off the torn up knee is somehow a given to be a better recriver. Then, if by some miracle you were able to do that, than you next miracle would be somehow convincingmecof the "creativity" of the Bears offense, and Trub's ability to run it, if it was.

Hmm. Dont love that landing spot for him as much I think. Although long term it may be better.

I generally assume players arent different off injuries like that. In this day and age thats a pretty safe assumption. So no its not a given but...Ill call it a fair bet. Matt Nagy is a whole different animal than John Fox. You can bet whatever you want that that offense will be far more creative and well run. As for Trubisky, hes a #3 pick who flashed at times last year as a rookie in an absolutely HORRID situation (can you even name their top receiver last year off the top of your head?). Trubisky being a league average QB next year is a completely reasonable possibility. He also might be better or worse but :noidea:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question. No idea the answer though.

I dont think the track record is great but I also think thats something thats hard to check for because not many ARob level WRs hit FA.

Off the top of my head though Tate, Marvin Jones, Cooks, Woods, Garcon, DJax, and Maclin all had success just within the past few years so there is a precedent for it happening. And I think Arob is probably better than all of them.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Dont love that landing spot for him as much I think. Although long term it may be better.

I generally assume players arent different off injuries like that. In this day and age thats a pretty safe assumption. So no its not a given but...Ill call it a fair bet. Matt Nagy is a whole different animal than John Fox. You can bet whatever you want that that offense will be far more creative and well run. As for Trubisky, hes a #3 pick who flashed at times last year as a rookie in an absolutely HORRID situation (can you even name their top receiver last year off the top of your head?). Trubisky being a league average QB next year is a completely reasonable possibility. He also might be better or worse but :noidea:
Was it Rivers discarded #3? Or did Merideth still lead even though he didn't play?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just mention a Name as a example........Pryor to the Redskins.

Sorry but comparing Pryor to Arob is laughable. Arob is a top 20 WR at least. Pryor is what? Maybe top 60? Maybe? Pryor didnt fail in Washington because he couldnt fit into a new team. He failed because he just played poorly when he was on the field.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Rivers discarded #3? Or did Merideth still lead even though he didn't play?

If you mean Eddie Royal, that would have been my guess too.

Apparently it was Kendall Wright with 614 yards followed by the great Josh Bellamy with 376. How they took a QB with a top pick and let him throw to that group his rookie year I will never know lol.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I am dumb Royal wasnt even on the team last year...Inman was though so Im assuming thats who you meant...he had 334 in 8 games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OBJ is a hard worker. In fact I think hes crazy in a cross between TO and MJ kinda way. Sure hes a nut. But hes a pretty harmless nut whos obsessed with dominating and being the best he can be. I wouldnt worry about his work ethic for a second.

Fair point about Fournette and Hunt. Jacksonville is more committed to Fournette.

McKinnons never had a situation like this though. Also this is weird because Ive never actually been a Mckinnon fan but McCoy is getting old. If Im a contender id probably prefer McCoy out of familiarity but im not sure he holds more value.

Sure Arob only has 1 1000 yard season but it was a 1400 yard 14 TD season. That comfortably outdoes anything Adams has done. Since then hes had one down year and one injured year. I think putting Adams ahead of Arob is just recency bias. A full season getting #1 receiver looks in a creative offense is gonna mean an Arob bounce back imo. I also think we're discounting trubiscuit a bit. He might be a very good QB yet.

Cooper is one of 3 receivers in NFL history to have 70 catches and 1000 yards in each of his first 2 seasons.

Ok ARob had a 1400 yard season, think Adam can do that this year. After that one single 1000 yard season ARob had a disappointing season, then he tore his knee up. Will he be the same after that injury, one can only hope. Now his team let him walk and he got picked up by another that needed a WR1, but history hasn’t been kind to WRs going to a new team, new offense, new QB. Oh yeah and trying to work his way back from a season ending injury.

You said it recent bias to like Adam over ARob. Well yeah it’s a what have you done lately League.I’d say banking on a player that hasn’t product for the last couple of years is a bit nostalgic over one dang thousand yard year that happen over two years ago and literally has many things working against him. Let me list them.:D

Trying to work back for a major injury
Changing teams, doesn’t bode well according to history
Ify QB, we can only hope he develops
A offense that has been run dominant thus far and has Howard so why change.

Now to Cooper, were any of the other three that did that drafted at 1.4? How about those that didn’t?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean Eddie Royal, that would have been my guess too.

Apparently it was Kendall Wright with 614 yards followed by the great Josh Bellamy with 376. How they took a QB with a top pick and let him throw to that group his rookie year I will never know lol.
Ha, no, Rivers other discarded #3..Inman or whatever was who I was referring to

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing on Adams vs Robinson. I look at Adams and I can’t think of single reason, other then a injury that could happen to any player, for him not to do as well as last year. I can see reason to hope for better without reaching.
Robinson I think of plenty of reason for him to have a down season. Yes he could have a good season, if fact think he’ll bounce back to a degree, but the upside is much more in doubt then Adams upside, and the downside is way way way more likely for Robinson then Adam.

Give me Adams every time on this choice, really a no brainier other then those that just want to believe in ARob despite the odds.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they are going to try to protect their raw QB by not only running the ball a lot, but designing safe passes to build up his confidence. What they are not going to do is have him throwing way downfield, where crushing turnovers will crush both the QB and the team.
I would agree.
But you have to admit that they are surrounding Trubisky with some nice options - ARob, Gabriel, White (If he doesn't break yet another bone), Cohen, Howard and Burton.
The old Bears would have 1 marquee player like Brandon Marshall and force everything to him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones or 1.02-julios wear and tear and foot issues scare me

Zeke or 1.01-zeke is proven, and for those thinking hes gonna get thrown out of the league, no way the NFLPA lets that happen that doofus in cincy is still here......

OBJ or 1.01-always gonna take a RB over wr

Fournette or Kareem Hunt-still think hes special

Jordan Howard or Melvin Gordon-howards a better runner, gordon with the better O and PPR value

Joe Mixon or Derrick Henry-still think mixon is special, that line was so bad last year, and dion lewis hurts henry

Jerrick Mckinnon or Lesean McCoy-less wear and tear and hand picked for that offense. giddy up

Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson-coin toss

Gronk or Ertz-less injuries, and gronks done soon

Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen-so young and good

Brandin Cooks or Tyreek Hill-still so young, and high numbers first two years

AROB or Davante Adams-the new jordy

Amari CooperTY Hilton or -took catching lessons this offseason, will round into form

Corey Davis or Juju Smith-Schuster-hes a monster

Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry-gets a qb boost, while landry role is uncertain

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Dynasty from scratch right?

Julio Jones or 1.02 --------I get DoublEE or Hopkins or Gurley here so why Jones

Zeke or 1.01 ------well i can have anyone so...however my anyone may be Zeke

OBJ or 1.01 ----again i can have anyone and certainly not OBJ

Fournette or Kareem Hunt long term i still think he pounds out the needed FF points

Jordan Howard or Melvin Gordon tough choice i guess i lean for the better O

Joe Mixon or Derrick Henry as their O matures i think Henry will have more space to run

Jerrick Mckinnon or Lesean McCoy it depends on how the other owners see their respective values as im trading

Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson well the heart rules but the brain says Wentz

Gronk or Ertz Dynasty right or grab the Goat and trade to Foot for Ertz+

Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen wow i cant head doesnt know heart Thomas

Brandin Cooks or Tyreek Hill which is why above i dont take Hunt

AROB or Davante Adams ------- Rodgers..nuff said

Amari Cooper or TY Hilton he is pretty good even without Luck

Corey Davis or Juju Smith-Schuster again tough one I believe Davis will be very good--If Big Ben was younger it would be even tougher

Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry---he just keeps getting better