• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty uneasiness

What player are you most uneasy about owning right now heading into the draft/season in dynasty?

• Dez Bryant (will he actually find a team willing to pay a 29 year old declining pain in the ass?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leveon Bell (will he hold out and/or get injured with all the touches he had last year)

• Odell Beckham (will he be traded? will he have his head screwed on right? will he be healthy?)

• Lesean Mccoy (will age and a lot of touches catch up with him or is he Frank Gore Jr.?)

• Jarvis Landry (really the Browns?)

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that chart is deceptive. His guarantee is 5 million and his cap hit this year is about 3 million. Chicken feed.
You can adjust the list.

2019 he's 7th.

2020 he's 4th.

Only three players under contract in 2021.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he’s about at the level of Gio who’s a third down back? That ranking chart going to be changing big time once these stud RBs sign their next contract. He’s making 3 million this year, that’s not a ton of money in the NFL.
Basically.
But pretty sure rookie salaries are all under 1mil?
I'm sure that signing bonuses and guaranteed money for first rounders will be crazy.

I hope Hyde owners are not counting on that contract to protect Hyde’s job. If so your going to be very disappointed.:nod:
What other choice is there?
If he's on your team... you can only hope to roll with him.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer Abdullah. I think Detroit HAS to draft a RB and cut this guy and then he bounces around on a couple teams as a 3rd or 4th RB before he disappears out of the league altogether. I was not thinking forward when I gave up a pick for him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me personally - it is Marlon Mack and the Indy RB situation. If they allow him to take that lead dog role, it would be a huge boost. Close second is the GB backfield and how that shakes out. I traded away Jamaal (high) for ARob (low) while also adding a share of TyMo (low) in case of a 3 headed monster.
they arent letting mack lead that backfield

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hyde owners are not counting on that contract to protect Hyde’s job. If so your going to be very disappointed.:nod:
Been saying the same thing since he signed..pretty manageable to trade, or just simply cut. Textbook draft insurance/leverage signing imho

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer Abdullah. I think Detroit HAS to draft a RB and cut this guy and then he bounces around on a couple teams as a 3rd or 4th RB before he disappears out of the league altogether. I was not thinking forward when I gave up a pick for him.
of course it'll depend on who gets him and how he's used, but he could very easily find success in an offense that actually understands how to run the ball.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying the same thing since he signed..pretty manageable to trade, or just simply cut. Textbook draft insurance/leverage signing imho
The Browns still have 71 million in cap space , they can afford 3 million for RB depth , no problem. Shoot even the stingy Bengals agree to do that and they only have 16 million in cap space. Hyde owners should be working the trade market non stop.:nod:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harold, since you seem to master of this kind of thing, what was Latavius Murray's salary against the cap last year when Minnesota signed him as a free agent and then drafted Dalvin Cook any way and made him the clear cut three down back before he got hurt last year. I'm telling you, Cleveland's backfield is Minnesota's last year:

Duke Johnson = Jerick Mckinnon (great 3rd down and receiving backs that would never get the bulk of the carries)
Carlos Hyde = Latavius Murray (early down and goal line back signed in free agency)
Saquon Barkley or Derrius Guice = Dalvin Cook (we don't care what we had before, this guy is better than either of them and will be on the field for 3 downs)

Last year in the first 4 games (Cook was injured in the 4th game), Cook had 74 carries and 11 receptions (averaging 21 touches per game) while Murray and McKinnon combined for 24 carries and 10 receptions (averaging 4.5 touches per game each)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, since you seem to master of this kind of thing, what was Latavius Murray's salary against the cap last year when Minnesota signed him as a free agent and then drafted Dalvin Cook any way and made him the clear cut three down back before he got hurt last year. I'm telling you, Cleveland's backfield is Minnesota's last year:

Duke Johnson = Jerick Mckinnon (great 3rd down and receiving backs that would never get the bulk of the carries)
Carlos Hyde = Latavius Murray (early down and goal line back signed in free agency)
Saquon Barkley or Derrius Guice = Dalvin Cook (we don't care what we had before, this guy is better than either of them and will be on the field for 3 downs)

Last year in the first 4 games (Cook was injured in the 4th game), Cook had 74 carries and 11 receptions (averaging 21 touches per game) while Murray and McKinnon combined for 24 carries and 10 receptions (averaging 4.5 touches per game each)
Hypothetical Browns Backfield > Vikes last year

Barring a trade. (Which I would be all for Detroit getting in on.)

On the hypothetical Hyde trade, has anyone ever signed a FA and traded him without ever playing a game? I assume it's allowed, but can't remember a situation when it happened. (Any sport but football and you'd be commuting FA suicide. Nobody would sign with you next year for more than a one year deal. But it's the NFL.)

While looking for examples, I found out that no playoff team from the previous season can trade for a player, unless they have lost a player as an unrestricted FA during The off season. Never knew that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, since you seem to master of this kind of thing, what was Latavius Murray's salary against the cap last year

2,956 million, with 3.4 guaranteed.

Yup, feel that is spot on. Heck the Browns have so much cap space, doubt they even blink at paying 3 mil for depth, or even the 5 mil guaranteed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2,956 million, with 3.4 guaranteed.

Yup, feel that is spot on. Heck the Browns have so much cap space, doubt they even blink at paying 3 mil for depth, or even the 5 mil guaranteed.
sadly yes, hyde will be a stud or complete dud

but one has to winder why he picked cleveland

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont own him but I went with Hyde. I think the fear of SB going to Cleveland is real but what makes it worse is the potential reward for having faith could be big.

For me, I like ARob in Chicago much better than ARob in Jax with Fournette.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went with Booker, you're pretty screwed if you are counting on him as one of your top 2 RBs in dynasty

and the Denver RB situation has been a funky one for at least 4-5 yrs now, with after thoughts and no names flirting with fantasy relevance only to disappear after a short flash.

and they'll probably draft yet another RB this year in the 3rd/4th rounds

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I like ARob in Chicago much better than ARob in Jax with Fournette.
ARob is the million dollar conundrum.

One Possibility:
The way the Bears/Pace have been assembling play-makers it makes you wonder if Nagy will spread the ball around? Which is the kiss of death in fantasy.

Another Possibility:
When Nagy ran the offense in KC last year, the majority of "usage" was split between 3 players - Hunt (39%), Kelce (14%) and Hill (14%). That's a total of 67% of the KC offense distributed to 3 guys. The other 13 KC players who registered a "touch" split the other 33% of the offense.

Also worth noting that prior to Nagy calling the plays, Alex Smith averaged 222.5 passing yards per game (over 4 seasons).
Once Nagy took over (albeit was only 1 year), Smith/Mahomes combined for an average of 270.4 ypg.
That's a bump of almost 50 yards per game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARob is the million dollar conundrum.

One Possibility:
The way the Bears/Pace have been assembling play-makers it makes you wonder if Nagy will spread the ball around? Which is the kiss of death in fantasy.

Another Possibility:
When Nagy ran the offense in KC last year, the majority of "usage" was split between 3 players - Hunt (39%), Kelce (14%) and Hill (14%). That's a total of 67% of the KC offense distributed to 3 guys. The other 13 KC players who registered a "touch" split the other 33% of the offense.

Also worth noting that prior to Nagy calling the plays, Alex Smith averaged 222.5 passing yards per game (over 4 seasons).
Once Nagy took over (albeit was only 1 year), Smith/Mahomes combined for an average of 270.4 ypg.
That's a bump of almost 50 yards per game.
I also think ARob will be super excited he is away from Bortles

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's assuming Trubs is measurably better than Bottles. I have faith that he can be, I'm not ready at all to say that he is
After four years of watching Bortles with my own eyes I am comfortable in saying he won’t be worse. He put up one fantastic season with Bortles just throwing up jump balls. I’m confident Nagy and Trubisky can do better

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually for me it's my lower level guys (M. Hollins, C. Artis-Payne, Mike Davis, S. Perine, G. Allison, RSJ) all could potentially be valuable starter or could amount to absolutely nothing. ....