• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dustin the assassin is back.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he does is win.
If he can manage to navigate patio stairs the rest of this year, we should be seeing him on or near the top in most tournaments.

dustin11.png

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When DJ is on with the driver, par is literally 68 on a par 72 track.

With Rory and Day not in peak form...and Bubba iffy on a week to week basis, really no one else with any experience is close enough in distance to challenge the big fella.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Johnson as the lastest guy on a 6-9 month run at the top....certainly not doubting his talent, but it's been the standard the last 3 or so years.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the same amount of major wins as Sergio Garcia.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When DJ is on with the driver, par is literally 68 on a par 72 track.

With Rory and Day not in peak form...and Bubba iffy on a week to week basis, really no one else with any experience is close enough in distance to challenge the big fella.

That is the weird thing about Rory, if he is not winning he seems like he is off his game.
But his last 3 PGA starts 2 tied for 4th's & tied for 7th at the Masters. and you can throw a cracked rib in there.

If Rory is playing on all eight cylinders (or close to it)and he does not win, that is where I expect him to finish.

But man, I would love to see those 2 go at it on Sunday tied for the lead.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the weird thing about Rory, if he is not winning he seems like he is off his game.
But his last 3 PGA starts 2 tied for 4th's & tied for 7th at the Masters. and you can throw a cracked rib in there.

If Rory is playing on all eight cylinders (or close to it)and he does not win, that is where I expect him to finish.

But man, I would love to see those 2 go at it on Sunday tied for the lead.

Yeah...he's placed well because he's closed pretty good on the weekend....kind of the secret to how Furyk has made so much money on tour.

When Rory is really on, he doesn't have that so so round or two that puts him 4 or 5 shots off the lead and he chasing on the weekend.

Yes, I would love to see him in a dead heat with DJ on the weekend in contention. He and Day are two guys with majors that won't be 30 yds behind DJ drive after drive. Stenson can hang with him as well.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...he's placed well because he's closed pretty good on the weekend....kind of the secret to how Furyk has made so much money on tour.

When Rory is really on, he doesn't have that so so round or two that puts him 4 or 5 shots off the lead and he chasing on the weekend.

Yes, I would love to see him in a dead heat with DJ on the weekend in contention. He and Day are two guys with majors that won't be 30 yds behind DJ drive after drive. Stenson can hang with him as well.

It's not the Sunday I was asking for yet but I will sure take it.

Bombs away: Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy and Justin Thomas pairing highlights 2017 Players Championship tee times - Golf Digest

GettyImages-647272676.jpg

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the cut on the number, then finishes t2, missing a playoff due to a 30 foot make by Brian Harman on the 72nd hole.

DJ and Rahm look primed to dominate for a few years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the cut on the number, then finishes t2, missing a playoff due to a 30 foot make by Brian Harman on the 72nd hole.

DJ and Rahm look primed to dominate for a few years.

Killer putt by Harman though after a so so pitch...when you think about it...not a ton of pressure on that putt...worse case, two putt and he's in a 3 man playoff.

Rahm is definitely showing early, but I'm not sure about him dominating just yet.

DJ...on par 72 tracks he's going to be dangerous...just keep that driver in play. Now that he's figured out his wedges...he's going to have probably 6-7 birdie putts inside 10' every round.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ just made his way to the top of the leaderboard at the Byron Nelson.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ just made his way to the top of the leaderboard at the Byron Nelson.

Congrats to Billy Boy!

For a while there it didn't seem like anybody wanted it...Hahn got to 13, then gave 3 in row back...Horschel made the big putt and look like he might break out of the pack...Day chipped in...but couldn't birdie on 16.

I know he's defending next week, but I thought Spieth would have been in the field at both TX events.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Billy Boy!

For a while there it didn't seem like anybody wanted it...Hahn got to 13, then gave 3 in row back...Horschel made the big putt and look like he might break out of the pack...Day chipped in...but couldn't birdie on 16.

I know he's defending next week, but I thought Spieth would have been in the field at both TX events.

Horschel deserved it. All around he was great this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horschel deserved it. All around he was great this week.

Yes he was...has a really good swing. I thought after his Fedex Cup win he was going to take off. Like all of these guys...they're hot and cold...I think Billy had missed his last couple cuts...then wins...the margin between missing the cut and winning a golf tournament is really thin.

I actually was switching back and forth with the LPGA event. I thought there might be more drama over there, but Lexi said not this time...she dominated.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was...has a really good swing. I thought after his Fedex Cup win he was going to take off. Like all of these guys...they're hot and cold...I think Billy had missed his last couple cuts...then wins...the margin between missing the cut and winning a golf tournament is really thin.

I actually was switching back and forth with the LPGA event. I thought there might be more drama over there, but Lexi said not this time...she dominated.

I saw Charlie Hoffman come over and give a big hug to Horschel. Both have been Ryder cup snubs and don't seem to blend in with the regular PGA players. Both also have had to deal with anger issues on the golf course. Good to see them acknowledging and overcoming this.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ will miss the cut at the Memorial. He is 7 over for the tourney, with a few holes left.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ will miss the cut at the Memorial. He is 7 over for the tourney, with a few holes left.

Both rounds over par...Just showing his human side or are these kinks in the armor?

I'm not sure if he's in the field in Memphis this week, but I might be looking to play this week before I headed into the USO.

I see Rahm missed the cut as well.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both rounds over par...Just showing his human side or are these kinks in the armor?

I'm not sure if he's in the field in Memphis this week, but I might be looking to play this week before I headed into the USO.

I see Rahm missed the cut as well.

I did not know Rahm missed the cut too. DJ almost to a fault, will not show fear. He will work on his game, and head to Erin Hills, I'm sure.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suspect his dominant run is over. He's not the great player we've seen since last years US Open, and he certainly isn't the turd that showed up at Jack's place.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know Rahm missed the cut too. DJ almost to a fault, will not show fear. He will work on his game, and head to Erin Hills, I'm sure.

77 on FRI sent Rahm home early...credit to Jack, the set up was ideal...lots of guys well under par, but if you were off just a little...plenty of +4 or higher scores as well...including the winner.

DJ...I think you're right...he does not appear to be in the field...he was LY though so interesting. Practice or play before a major?...obviously Tiger was noted to practice and Phil noted to play. Both seem to work.

DJ is just so long and straight that if he's on with his driver, it's hard not to be in the mix every week so I just think last week was a blip. Bubba is also pretty long, but mostly he curves the ball into play...I'm not surprised to see him be up and down more so than DJ.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
77 on FRI sent Rahm home early...credit to Jack, the set up was ideal...lots of guys well under par, but if you were off just a little...plenty of +4 or higher scores as well...including the winner.

DJ...I think you're right...he does not appear to be in the field...he was LY though so interesting. Practice or play before a major?...obviously Tiger was noted to practice and Phil noted to play. Both seem to work.

DJ is just so long and straight that if he's on with his driver, it's hard not to be in the mix every week so I just think last week was a blip. Bubba is also pretty long, but mostly he curves the ball into play...I'm not surprised to see him be up and down more so than DJ.

Bubba was looking like calm Bubba last week. Not whiny, blame the caddie Bubba.
Just sayin. In theory, the US opens do not fit his game, but he looked relaxed, and focused.