• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dustin Ackley......Power Hitter?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 for 3 plus a SH.

133 for 562 lifetime

That is what I hate about stats, alot of the lefty vs lefty IMO is just shit. Lefties don't get as many opportunities against lefties as they do with righties and it's not like he has lit up righties through his career either. Let him sink of swim especially when he is hot. All this russian roulette that McClendon was suppose to be a platoonish lineup but about getting his hot guys in the game, he assured us that it wasn't a lefty lineup and a righty lineup.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I hate about stats, alot of the lefty vs lefty IMO is just shit. Lefties don't.....
Ackley is terrible against lefties. Period.

I'm all for seeing if he can do better against LHP, though, if Weeks continues to be awful.

Dilettantes on here had better be prepared for him to hit much less effectively when/if he's used as an everyday LF'er for a substantial period of time rather than as a platooner.

As I said, I don't blame LMC for not putting him in every day right now. I won't hold onto that much longer, though. If Weeks or whoever else we put in to face lefties sucks, then it doesn't matter.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ackley is terrible against lefties. Period.

I'm all for seeing if he can do better against LHP, though, if Weeks continues to be awful.

Dilettantes on here had better be prepared for him to hit much less effectively when/if he's used as an everyday LF'er for a substantial period of time rather than as a platooner.

As I said, I don't blame LMC for not putting him in every day right now. I won't hold onto that much longer, though. If Weeks or whoever else we put in to face lefties sucks, then it doesn't matter.

But there is no period in your statement, he hasn't had enough major league AB's against left handeded pitching to write him off as he can't hit left handers, period.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...he hasn't had enough major league AB's against left handeded pitching to write him off as he can't hit left handers.

It was more than enough to justify creating a platoon to keep him facing righties primarily. The problem is that his righty counterpart in the platoon has stunk.

If Ackley gets put in everyday eventually because other platoon options are awful, then I will be as happy as anybody if he proves that he has fixed the problem against LHP, which is not a small sample size.