• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Unchained

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think Durant is secretly happy about Russ being out?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But I do think he will excel.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It will make him better, the way he is used to playn.

Don't get me wrong, Westbrook is a beast. But often shoots more than KD and drags the team down with him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. He wants a title and he knows he can't get it without Westbrook

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. He wants a title and he knows he can't get it without Westbrook

I disagree. He believes he can win it without Westbrook. If not then he's soft. He may actually be thinking he's got a better chance. Westbrook is very wild, makes too many turnovers and shoots too much. I could tell during Durant's post game interview that he is relieved. Maybe now he feels less pressure since they aren't "supposed to win it all without Westbrook". Also sets him up to be a hero if they get the title. Win-win situation for him now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team usually lives and dies by Westbrook. Whether you agree with his shooting or not, Westbrook is CLEARLY the emotional leader of that team. He's the heart and soul of the Thunder. It's going to be very difficult to win without him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will get to the WCF if they play the Clippers but if they play Memphis, I'm not sure if they will

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
That team usually lives and dies by Westbrook. Whether you agree with his shooting or not, Westbrook is CLEARLY the emotional leader of that team. He's the heart and soul of the Thunder. It's going to be very difficult to win without him.

I don't buy into the "emotional leader" thing. I think it's a myth. If not a myth, then overblown (to say the least). What matters most is the talent on the floor and how they play together. Westbrook has talent, but he also has wild tendencies. Whatever positives he brings from his talent might be negated by his bone-headedness. They may be better off now since Durant will now have to be more involved on offense. That's all I'm saying.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy into the "emotional leader" thing. I think it's a myth. If not a myth, then overblown (to say the least). What matters most is the talent on the floor and how they play together. Westbrook has talent, but he also has wild tendencies. Whatever positives he brings from his talent might be negated by his bone-headedness. They may be better off now since Durant will now have to be more involved on offense. That's all I'm saying.

on a team that lacks scorers and guys who can create off the dribble taking one of them a way in NO way helps. it makes the thunder much more one dimensional on offense. Its KD or bust. Makes it much easier for teams to match up defensively.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Westbrook makes some mistakes sometimes but he's an explosive scorer and all a good all around player. When he is on from the outside and midrange the Thunder are pretty much impossible to beat. So no, the Thunder aren't better because of this injury, no team is better when one of their main guys goes down. Some people were calling the Kobe injury a blessing, I believe this will be a much closer and appropriate example of those sentiments.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FAR from a myth. Either you watch basketball or you don't. There's a REASON Durant never takes over games.......because Westbrook is THE leader on that team. When he has a bad game, they usually lose.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAR from a myth. Either you watch basketball or you don't. There's a REASON Durant never takes over games.......because Westbrook is THE leader on that team. When he has a bad game, they usually lose.

They will NEVER win a ship like that. Durant needs to be leader and taking majority of shots. He is percentage wise a better shooter and all-around a more polished player.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
on a team that lacks scorers and guys who can create off the dribble taking one of them a way in NO way helps. it makes the thunder much more one dimensional on offense. Its KD or bust. Makes it much easier for teams to match up defensively.

I like this explanation more then the one about Westbrook being the emotional leader one. It makes sense that Durant might be covered more by defenses now. Again, the whole emotional leader and clubhouse presence stuff is worthless, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

Westbrook may be the guy who has the ball more than anyone on the team (since he is the point guard), but he should not be the leader. He's too erratic to be the leader despite his amazing athleticism. Durant should be the leader. He's considered the second best player in the league (after LeBron) and is not a maniac like Westbrook.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He believes he can win it without Westbrook. If not then he's soft.

What's that make Lerun...? He didn't believe he could win without the whole team stacked...:sadbron:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Westbrook this team is going down. People will see his worth now. OKC still has enough to beat Houston because they don't play consistent defense. Next round is where Durant will struggle.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I told you all Durant is better off without Westbrook.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game would not have been close if Westbrook was playing.