• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke's new QB 2016

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he has decommitted. Now he wants his brother(?) to be a walk on the basketball team at uNC*.

BREAKING: Chazz Surratt decommitting from Duke

Sorry, I just had to comment on this.

This is way too shady for me. I understand that kids can change their minds, but this kid only de-committed after his brother was offered a spot to walk-on to the UNC basketball team.

Its disappointing because Duke has a very good recruiting class. Cutcliffe is one heck of a coach and is known for QB development.

I just don't understand why a kid would commit to UNC over Duke at this point. Duke right now is building what Jim Grobe should have built at Wake Forest. Duke is easily the best football program right now in the state and its not even close.

The Iron Jaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is too insane. Like Hitman Hart said, this is too shady. For a coach that has developed the likes of Peyton and Eli Manning (I hate Eli and can't tolerate Peyton) then that's appealing enough. And if Duke University wants you, why would you even think twice?!

But to decommit from Duke to go to UNC with his brother who just got on to Chapel Hill campus, that's hard to think of.

But I say good luck, chuck! Duke is still going to get a QB for Cutcliffe to work with, and this won't make one bit of difference come 3-4 years from now.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I just had to comment on this.

This is way too shady for me. I understand that kids can change their minds, but this kid only de-committed after his brother was offered a spot to walk-on to the UNC basketball team.

Its disappointing because Duke has a very good recruiting class. Cutcliffe is one heck of a coach and is known for QB development.

I just don't understand why a kid would commit to UNC over Duke at this point. Duke right now is building what Jim Grobe should have built at Wake Forest. Duke is easily the best football program right now in the state and its not even close.

That was actually a little bit premature as Chaz Surratt himself will become a walk on at UNC. Not his brother, although that may still happen. That was the first rumor.

What is so shady about this is that the coaches at UNC, both Roy and Fedora, told this kid that there's 100% not a chance that sanctions will be levied against either program!!!! That is just a flat out lie!!!!

First of all, how do they even know? And by not knowing, how can they be so sleazy enough to tell this kid that in the first place? They are so selfish they would say that is the most amazing part. But the way they went about it is absolutely disgusting that it puts the athletic department at UNC to a new low. A lack of institutional control is the least of their problems at Chapel Hill.