• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke vs. Vermont

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cBS projected Vermont as an NCAA Tournament team at the season's start. They also have size that matches Duke. One tidbit of info on the Blue Devils. Duke is currently ranked #6 in the AP Poll and has been ranked in the Top 10 since November 19, 2007!!!! :omg:

Go Duke!

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after watching all of our games so far this season I have come away with a few observations. First our offense can score at will. Most defenses will have trouble stopping our high octane offense. Secondly, our own defense has been horrible and that is putting it nicely. We can't stop penetration, back door cuts, pick and rolls, pick and pops and any other offense of style for that matter. Most of our recruits coming in were known for their defense. It doesn't look like it though. We need to get tons better if this team wants to even sniff a title this season.

I see that this team can run and gun and play in the half court offensively but where are all the traps at after a made field goal. We need to press teams in order to cause more turnovers that lead to easy buckets. We also look to comfortable after we get a double digit lead. This is when our defense becomes lackadasical too.

As of right now I say our MVP on our roster is easily Jabari Parker. He is our mosted gifted player. I hope with the recruits that we have coming in will sway him to come back for one more season. But why turn down the NBA when you could make millions of dollars when you will be the number 1 or 2 pick this year.

Lastly, how come Marshall Plumlee isn't seeing any minutes. I was hoping that he would play some and play the Brian Zoubek roll of the 2010 Championship Team. Just get rebounds play adequate defense and get easy put backs. Is he still hurting or is he just awful in practice on the defensive side where he isn't seeing any playing time?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score at will? Duke had a stretch last night where they struggled getting the ball in the hole and blew a 15 point lead at Cameron.

Also, Marshall just isn't ready to contribute with significant minutes. Coach K is a defensive coach first. Vermont was a match up in size for Duke and they played a zone 2nd half well while Duke didn't play at a high level at all. Just because Plumlee has size doesn't necessarily translate into positive contributions. Coach K is developing a bench and you saw glimpses of this against Vermont. He played Ojeleye, Murphy, and even Jones.