• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ducks vs Cardinal

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have your Nick Sabens and Urban Meyers, I'll take David Shaw. That is a very well coached team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one of FSU's shining moment but it happened and I do believe it has been corrected.

If it has, then credit to them. I expect that they will play for, and win, the BCS Championship this year.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder though if Stanford wins out will they jump FSU. I think there schedule is stronger, but the 1 loss might do them in.

FSU has absolutely demolished two top 10 teams, I don't see any way you can have a one loss team jump FSU if FSU does not lose a game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has absolutely demolished two top 10 teams, I don't see any way you can have a one loss team jump FSU if FSU does not lose a game.

Clemson and Miami were, and still are, overrated. Heck, I think Baylor should jump tOSU and FSU if they win out because I think the Big 12 is better than the B1G and ACC. This highlights the problem we have in determining a champion in college football. We have to keep debating over quality wins and sometimes quality losses (e.g., "undefeated in regulation play"). The mini-playoff will help, but college football will always be a beauty contest, and not a true sports contest like professional football.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson and Miami were, and still are, overrated. Heck, I think Baylor should jump tOSU and FSU if they win out because I think the Big 12 is better than the B1G and ACC. This highlights the problem we have in determining a champion in college football. We have to keep debating over quality wins and sometimes quality losses (e.g., "undefeated in regulation play"). The mini-playoff will help, but college football will always be a beauty contest, and not a true sports contest like professional football.

Miami I can understand you claiming to be over rated but Clemson? Clemson is a legit top 10 team. How is the Big 12 a better conference then ACC this year? Oklahoma is over rated IMO, Texas is having a down year Ok State isn't playing particularly well.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami I can understand you claiming to be over rated but Clemson? Clemson is a legit top 10 team. How is the Big 12 a better conference then ACC this year? Oklahoma is over rated IMO, Texas is having a down year Ok State isn't playing particularly well.

Clemson's best win a 38-35 home win against Georgia. Georgia is not even ranked in the Top 25 anymore. The rest of their games are pretty much blowout wins against weak teams and a blowout loss to Florida State.

Maybe Big 12 isn't that much better than the ACC, but rest of the ACC teams outside of FSU, Clemson, and Miami range from mediocre to bad. I think that the Big 12 has 4 or 5 (if you count Texas) good teams.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's best win a 38-35 home win against Georgia. Georgia is not even ranked in the Top 25 anymore. The rest of their games are pretty much blowout wins against weak teams and a blowout loss to Florida State.

Maybe Big 12 isn't that much better than the ACC, but rest of the ACC teams outside of FSU, Clemson, and Miami range from mediocre to bad. I think that the Big 12 has 4 or 5 (if you count Texas) good teams.

Georgia got decimated by injuries otherwise that loss to Clemson is probably their only loss still. Clemson beat them when they were pretty much full strength. When they lost to Vandy and Mizz they were down their top 3 WR's and top 2 RB's. The two RB's are probably future NFL players. You can't really say that win didn't matter for Clemson because Georgia is not ranked anymore.

If Stanford wins out they would have beat at least 6 maybe 7 top 25 teams to do it. That would be over half their wins coming against ranked opponents. When you compare that to FSU they will likely have wins over 4 top 25 teams.

Unfortunately the polls favor an undefeated record over who you beat.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia got decimated by injuries otherwise that loss to Clemson is probably their only loss still. Clemson beat them when they were pretty much full strength. When they lost to Vandy and Mizz they were down their top 3 WR's and top 2 RB's. The two RB's are probably future NFL players. You can't really say that win didn't matter for Clemson because Georgia is not ranked anymore.

If Stanford wins out they would have beat at least 6 maybe 7 top 25 teams to do it. That would be over half their wins coming against ranked opponents. When you compare that to FSU they will likely have wins over 4 top 25 teams.

Unfortunately the polls favor an undefeated record over who you beat.

Valid points but Stanford lost to a bad Utah team. Argument pretty much ends there IMO