• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ Dal 4/1/14 530p PST

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to disagree. It was an exciting game, but the defense (surprise!) was poor. Dallas shot 50% from the field and 47% from behind the arc. The Ws consistently failed to close out on Mavs shooters.

I'm glad they won; any win is a good win and this makes up for the bed crapping on Sunday -- but it was not a "great game."[/QU

It was a great game, because it was exciting, the Warriors were without two starters on the road, and Curry made a money shot with. 01 seconds on the clock in OT to seal the deal and greatly increase the Warriors chances of making the playoffs. I that doesn't qualify as great I don't know what does.

Don't worry about tweezil. He's not happy unless he has something to whine about.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to disagree. It was an exciting game, but the defense (surprise!) was poor. Dallas shot 50% from the field and 47% from behind the arc. The Ws consistently failed to close out on Mavs shooters.

I'm glad they won; any win is a good win and this makes up for the bed crapping on Sunday -- but it was not a "great game."[/QU

It was a great game, because it was exciting, the Warriors were without two starters on the road, and Curry made a money shot with. 01 seconds on the clock in OT to seal the deal and greatly increase the Warriors chances of making the playoffs. I that doesn't qualify as great I don't know what does.

Guess we'll have to disagree on what constitutes "great." For me, the Knick game was a better one, even though we lost, because they actually played defense like they gave a shit.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll have to disagree on what constitutes "great." For me, the Knick game was a better one, even though we lost, because they actually played defense like they gave a shit.

They were missing their starting 4 and starting 5, you aren't going to give them a pass?

Come on. The whole "their defense isn't Elite" talk is as old as "Jackson isn't a great coach rant", Are the Dubs going to make the Playoffs? I'd bet my next paycheck on it.

Will they win the Championship? To be decided, 15 teams in the playoffs fail to do that every year, doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game.

Things could be worse, we could be Jazz fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we have different criteria without a doubt.:nod: I would never categorize a loss as better than any won game regardless of how that game was won. The Mavs are one of the elite shooting teams in the NBA (both 3 point and overall fg percentage) so we have to give them a little credit.

I thought the Warriors adjusted in the second half and did a much better job of closing out shooters. Mavs went 8-11 on threes in the first half, and only 6-19 in the second half. Two of these were by Devin Harris, who the Warriors left open to shade Nowitzki or Carter, so I can't really fault that strategy. I don't think Vince Carter was heard from again from the 3 point stripe in second half after going 3-3 in the first half.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southernwarrior well put.....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala finally stepped up last night. That was good to see.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense was OK. But it's hard to defend them one I the elite offensive teams in the league. Dirk is a great player you can't defend him. Monta is a tough guard. Jose calderon, Vince has something in the tank, Marion is no slouch. You really have to pick your poison when you play that team

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors always seem to lock down on D in the second half, most of the time atleast

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great win last night AND one hell of a game. There was offensive basketball of the highest order on display from both teams. Anyone across the country watching this game was seeing a virtual promotional video for NBA basketball. And the fact that the good guys won, combined with the manner in which they did so, made it as sweet as could be.

Different games have different paces as well as ebbs and flows. The standard for a great game or win is not holding the opponent below 90. A far broader range of criteria can be applied when assessing the value or quality of a victory.