• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Pomeranz

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can anyone tell me about this kid and what he throws? All I've gotten to see is the highlight reels from MLB.com. I haven't gotten to watch him live at all.

Anyway, he has now thrown 29 pitches through 2 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts. MLB.com is saying he's throwing a knuckle-curve (pretty rare pitch if I remember right, Mike Mussina is the only 'big name' pitcher I can think of to throw one off the top of my head), so that really got me wondering what Pomeranz actually throws. Does he really throw a K-Curve? What else does he have?

The pitcher we have seen thus far really should have still been at least moderately successful in Colorado.

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone is actually interested, I was able to catch some of the broadcast yesterday and learned the Pomeranz does throw a knuckle curve. The pitch is at its best when he throw is hard, and I was typically seeing velocity around 80-81 when he threw it. Pomeranz definitely appears to have some legit stuff and I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around in the lower half of the A's rotation next year.