• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft?? What Draft??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope tonight is a bit more interesting.

I have to go to cardiac rehab for the next 2-1/2 hours. See you all after lunch.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope tonight is a bit more interesting.

I have to go to cardiac rehab for the next 2-1/2 hours. See you all after lunch.
Hope you studied for your test and pass with flying colors.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch all 32 picks last night??

Did anyone do it without falling asleep at least once??

I did! Probably helps the Broncos had something to watch that actually impacted our team though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost fell asleep during the national anthem. This draft did seem awfully disconnected for some reason.
Overall I thought it was a good draft. Lots of unpredictability.
I forced myself to stay awake as I'm off to Thailand again today and will miss the next two rounds.
In BB we trust.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to intimate that a Garoppolo trade is imminent, but the Browns still don't have their franchise QB and the natives are getting restless out here. Anything less than a vet who can step right in at #1 would be considered a failure. As incredible as it sounds, the Browns have not had a true franchise QB since Bernie Kosar (that's back before BB was their head coach).

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to intimate that a Garoppolo trade is imminent, but the Browns still don't have their franchise QB and the natives are getting restless out here. Anything less than a vet who can step right in at #1 would be considered a failure. As incredible as it sounds, the Browns have not had a true franchise QB since Bernie Kosar (that's back before BB was their head coach).
I really feel for the Browns fans but not enough to part with Jimmy.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched and was on here.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns tried again for Garoppolo last night. BB is smarter than you guys who want to trade him. Brady is 40!! Wake up Pats fans.

Sources: Browns again rebuffed for Garoppolo

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hoping they keep him but sometimes feel like I'm one of the few who do. Thank you! I feel better now.

You and I are in the minority on this. A lot of Pats fans believe Brady will play until he is 80. You don't give up a QB like Garoppolo for a handful of picks. Look how hard it has been for countless teams to find a franchise QB. The Dolphins and Bills have been trying to find QBs since Marino and Kelly retired. Countless bottom feeders due to no QB.

Pats fans all speculate BB will retire when Brady does. Who knows though.

Again, Brady is 40. An injury or father time catches him this year and bye-bye SB without Garoppolo as your back up. Brissett or some vet isn't going to do it. No amount of picks are worth a shot at SB 52 and SB 53.

#6 Rings!!

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Garoppolo and think he has a real future in the NFL. That being said, he will only be cheap to the Pats for the 2017 season. After that, his rookie contract is up and BB will either have to franchise him (over $20M) or sign a new multiyear contract for big bucks. I may be wrong, but I don't see BB doing either of these things and I don't see Garoppolo being willing to sign a low price long term deal with the Pats when he can command top dollar on the open market. Maybe BB will just play JG one more season, let him go in free agency, and collect a third round comp pick.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to keep him, he is our future QB.

And the future's is so bright, you gotta wear shades.
<Flips a quarter to Timbuk3>

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that BB will sign him to an extension before the trade deadline or trade him then to a team that desperately needs a QB to make it to the playoffs. Bill will get his price and JG will get his $100m+ contract.

I also think we may see Butler get dealt tonight. A second rounder tonight and a second round pick next year will probably get it done.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again if theykeep Jimmy G they better work a new contract this year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well how often has trading for a QB worked out? Not very often. Brett Favre comes to mind. Usually a team especially with an aging QB like the Pats have want to keep a guy if they think he is a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years. It would take a huge trade to make it worth their time.

I guess I would just proceed with caution if the Pats are openly shopping him.
So let me get this straight: If they can have him, they shouldn't want him; If they can't have him they should want him. Since when is filling a roster similar to dating?

That is pretty much it. We've got the whole NFL guessing on Jimmy. Even Pats fans. Nobody will know unless something happens. Even if a leak develops, did we leak it on purpose?