• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft scenario #3 What if we took

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-Baker Mayfield
40- Isiah Oliver

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be good with Isiah Oliver, but not thrilled with Baker Mayfield. He is probably the QB I like best in the class but is a major boom or bust prospect in my opinion and with our recent history with QBs I don't think we can afford another bust. He probably has the highest ceiling in my opinion, but I am no QB whisperer.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of Baker. He's a Case clone and Case is only 29.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be good with Isiah Oliver, but not thrilled with Baker Mayfield. He is probably the QB I like best in the class but is a major boom or bust prospect in my opinion and with our recent history with QBs I don't think we can afford another bust. He probably has the highest ceiling in my opinion, but I am no QB whisperer.

This.

I could live with Baker and hope for the best, but just too many concerns for me to jump out of my seat.

Been there tried that with Paxton (Didn't like him coming out, sat back and gave him a chance and remained hopeful and positive)

I like Baker more than Paxton coming out, but just don't know about using the #5 pick on him. If we do take him Ill make the most of it and focus on that positive side I see to it.

Oliver would an automatic jump out of my seat reaction. I might even send Mingo a matchbox car to celebrate.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take two Oliver's. I do think the Broncos might have Oliver in their sights when the 2nd pick turns up.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with DC mostly about Mayfield. I like him way better than Paxton coming out, though. Paxton was (and still is) very rough around the edges and needed (and still needs) a lot of polish. Mayfield is more ready to play, imo. Plus, he has that "it" factor when it comes to leadership and taking over a team. That said, he is still #3 on my QB list and I'm not sure I want to play the numbers game when it comes to this QB class. Chances are, there will be a couple of busts out of these guys and like DC said, we don't want to bust again, especially at 5. But on the other hand, if we trade down, we will probably miss out on the top QB prospects.

I also agree that I like Sony over Chubb. But I'm not sure any RB would get me excited in the 2nd. Maybe if Guise fell. And of course, if Barkley somehow fell to us in the 2nd, but that ain't happening. I think if we go QB in the 1st, then we better get him some protection in the 2nd.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF all the draft scenarios so far this is by far my favorite. Love Mayfield especially after meeting the guy. You spend some time with him when the cameras are not on and it is easy to see why he stands a very good chance of being great in the NFL. Players gravitate to him and the guy just works his tail off.

Oliver added to this secondary just keeps it young and talented. I would love to see him on the Broncos and continuing the tradition of 3 great CB's especially now with Cravens added to the Safety group. Could give the Broncos the best secondary in the NFL.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF all the draft scenarios so far this is by far my favorite. Love Mayfield especially after meeting the guy. You spend some time with him when the cameras are not on and it is easy to see why he stands a very good chance of being great in the NFL. Players gravitate to him and the guy just works his tail off.

Oliver added to this secondary just keeps it young and talented. I would love to see him on the Broncos and continuing the tradition of 3 great CB's especially now with Cravens added to the Safety group. Could give the Broncos the best secondary in the NFL.
Hmmm...didn’t realize you were that keen on him. Is he your favorite qb of this draft? Is he Doug flutie small?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...didn’t realize you were that keen on him. Is he your favorite qb of this draft? Is he Doug flutie small?
You don't know yet ? He's 6' 5/8 ". Been pretty regular topic since the knock on him is more the height thing than off field stuff.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like the off field stuff with Baker. He lets every little thing get to him.
Gonna be hard to change your internal feelings
There will be a Case Keenum Geno Smith baker mayfield
Every year . You won’t find a josh Allen every year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He isn't my favorite. I've honestly gone back and forth among the top-3 as ceiling wise I could see any of the top-3 guys becoming something special. As of right now I go Rosen as my top QB, Mayfield 2nd, and then Darnold 3rd.