• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft declarations

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both Curtis Samuel and Noah Brown are leaving? Samuel was really the only play maker, but at least Brown showed something in a couple games. Urban Meyer said he wants to improve the passing attack, but he'll have no weapons at WR next year. That's going to make it difficult.
I'm pretty happy about Samuel leaving. He was pretty much the reason we "lost" this year.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with Samuel leaving, we still could have Torrance Gibson back. It's never been made official he left/is leaving

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty happy about Samuel leaving. He was pretty much the reason we "lost" this year.

That team of yours had plenty of opportunities to take care of business & didn't. But blame everyone & everything else rather than putting that loss on UofM.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with Samuel leaving, we still could have Torrance Gibson back. It's never been made official he left/is leaving
That's all about the university. He is back in Columbus, according to the Twittersphere. That is a huge bonus if he comes back. Putting him and Victor on the outside with guys like McClaurin and Mack (or Campbell, Lindsey, Grimes, McCall, etc.) on the inside with Baugh at TE is a mismatch nightmare for anyone we face. Just gotta make sure we can get the damn ball to them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has plenty of weapons, just very little experience. From everything I've heard from guys like Bobby Carpenter who are very close to the program, Beck was a big issue in regards to developing the dearth of young WR talent. Bin Victor, for example, should've been starting this year. He will be a household name next year. Demario McCall also showed a ton of potential this year and will be replacing Samuel. Plus, if there's one thing Kevin Wilson knows how to do, it's throw the ball.

You mean the guys that combined for 8 catches and it was all in mop up duty? I'm sure they are talented players, but expecting them to contribute at a high level in the biggest games is a little unrealistic. The only thing they showed is that they couldn't beat out average WR's who played during the games.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all about the university. He is back in Columbus, according to the Twittersphere. That is a huge bonus if he comes back. Putting him and Victor on the outside with guys like McClaurin and Mack (or Campbell, Lindsey, Grimes, McCall, etc.) on the inside with Baugh at TE is a mismatch nightmare for anyone we face. Just gotta make sure we can get the damn ball to them.

McCall is going to take Samuels spot as the "H-Back" WR/RB Hybrid

He looked pretty explosive in the chances he got, even if they were in garbage time situations.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the guys that combined for 8 catches and it was all in mop up duty? I'm sure they are talented players, but expecting them to contribute at a high level in the biggest games is a little unrealistic. The only thing they showed is that they couldn't beat out average WR's who played during the games.
That was on Beck. As I mentioned earlier, it's widely believed he was a hinderance on the development of these younger guys because they weren't "safe options" due to their youth. Victor should've been starting the whole time but he was a freshman so Beck didn't do it. I'm expecting kids that have spent one or more full offseasons and seasons with the team to step in next year and put up big numbers under the tutelage of an OC who truly understands how to use explosive weapons in the pass game. I'd be more than willing to bet the 2nd leading Buckeye receiver next year bests the 32/402 line Brown put up.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was on Beck. As I mentioned earlier, it's widely believed he was a hinderance on the development of these younger guys because they weren't "safe options" due to their youth. Victor should've been starting the whole time but he was a freshman so Beck didn't do it. I'm expecting kids that have spent one or more full offseasons and seasons with the team to step in next year and put up big numbers under the tutelage of an OC who truly understands how to use explosive weapons in the pass game. I'd be more than willing to bet the 2nd leading Buckeye receiver next year bests the 32/402 line Brown put up.

No shit, so would I. That averages out to less than 3 catches a game. If the 2nd WR can't get to that number, it's pretty bad. That also just goes to show how bad the buckeyes were at WR this year. They had nobody on the outside worth a damn(with the exception of Brown in one game)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit, so would I. That averages out to less than 3 catches a game. If the 2nd WR can't get to that number, it's pretty bad. That also just goes to show how bad the buckeyes were at WR this year. They had nobody on the outside worth a damn(with the exception of Brown in one game)
Well, they had no gameplan to properly utilize them. Brown is a fantastic talent but when you aren't using him properly, of course he looks bad. I'll be interested to see where he winds up in the NFL and how they use him. He definitely has the measurables and the hands.

I'm extremely excited to see Victor with an entire offseason in the S&C program here. He is an elite athlete but he's definitely lean. If Gibson gets reinstated, as well, that is a really scary outside duo to deal with - both are 6'4" with elite athleticism.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_0003.PNG

Roderick Johnson declares. And according to the article he's the first FSU player to make the All-SEC team

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers just declared.......

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Can't wait for them to unleash McCall now. That kid is special.

I thought I remember hearing McCall would have gotten a little more action but he had ball security issues in practice. Could be wrong tho

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I remember hearing McCall would have gotten a little more action but he had ball security issues in practice. Could be wrong tho
He was a true freshman and Beck didn't like going with guys that weren't "safe choices". Same story with Victor. Ball security can be fixed. I look for McCall to have a big year.