• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Advice

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just really have to wonder what Braun has left now that he won't be cheating

A fair question. However, I think the risk of letting him slide down too long in a fantasy draft is greater than his production just falling off the table.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fair question. However, I think the risk of letting him slide down too long in a fantasy draft is greater than his production just falling off the table.

Yeah I suppose you are correct because after all this is Fantasy and bragging rights and he usually produces points

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I suppose you are correct because after all this is Fantasy and bragging rights and he usually produces points

Coming around full circle with Braun and the Orig post, if he is avail early in the 2nd round, I would pounce on that. No way he slides any futher, unless your league is full of folks who won't draft liars and cheaters, no matter what....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, I despise that scumbag. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him, but I wouldn't be particularly pleased about it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some fuel to the fire in the Braun debate...

This article by Eno Saris highlights some of the possible effects of a "clean" Ryan Braun. Saris is one of the best analysts out there, so it is worth a read for anyone considering a Braun pick.

Also, I am doing an industry mock tonight and picking from either the 10 or 11 spot (it changed an hour ago, so I am not sure which). I will post the results of the first 2 rounds once it is done. My bet is that Braun goes in the 2nd round.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This article by Eno Saris highlights some of the possible effects of a "clean" Ryan Braun. Saris is one of the best analysts out there, so it is worth a read for anyone considering a Braun pick.

Also, I am doing an industry mock tonight and picking from either the 10 or 11 spot (it changed an hour ago, so I am not sure which). I will post the results of the first 2 rounds once it is done. My bet is that Braun goes in the 2nd round.

That piece would have been better, had I been a math major. Fangraphs is one of the few sites in which I wish they could dumb down their stories a bit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That piece would have been better, had I been a math major. Fangraphs is one of the few sites in which I wish they could dumb down their stories a bit.

Some are pretty heavy.

I guess the point is don't assume he will bounce back to his MVP production. There is a lot of risk in taking Braun this year, so maybe he should slide to the second round somewhere.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are pretty heavy.

I guess the point is don't assume he will bounce back to his MVP production. There is a lot of risk in taking Braun this year, so maybe he should slide to the second round somewhere.

They use lost of math, charts and graphs there, and did so in this piece. And, along with agreeing with the above, they came to the same conclusion I did, with just my eyes and ears.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the same thing thing myself. . It's not hard to figure out that the PED guys, in general, have a down year after they get busted.
And I think he's being awfully generous in expecting .280, 20+... I'm thinking me along .250, with 20 as the high water mark

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect, looking forward to that! Will help a lot.