• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After much thought I have to give this draft an A. the OL has been made very Dak friendly by picking conner Williams who is a major upgrade over cooper and a flat out steal. Gallup is a flat out steal and will prove to be better than some of the receivers taken higher. Armstrong is talented with a non stop motor and long arms. Vander esc is a beast in coverage. Great draft!!!!!

Couple this with the FA we signed and the Cowboys will contend for the NFL East title. The OL overhaul was a major success and please cUT Chaz "turnstile" inmediately!!!!

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Mike White.

CBS draft tracker says: "White has impressive arm talent and gets the ball out quickly. Major problems against pressure."

I don't think I've ever seen that written about a guy before. At least not so succinctly. I am curious what exactly has happened to earn such a sterling review.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty solid draft IMO. Love the 2 trades for players. I was in and out most of the last two days, but it looks like we did pretty good and filled some holes. From the looks of it, the Giants and Broncos did extremely well but if you pick that high u probably should.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our most interesting pick to me is Gallup. This guy really sounds like he could be a stud.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy with the draft but it's pretty obvious we didn't go BPA. Let's hope that doesn't bite us in the ass. I feel like we did add a player everywhere we needed one other than safety which is of course good. I just hope we really, really liked the guys and didn't just pick the best at the position we wanted to fill. I really like the first 5 picks and Scarbrough. While I am happy with the other picks, I don't have much of an opinion on them other than from what I'm reading from other people.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did we trade Switzer? Don't we need WR's and we already invested a year on developing him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did we trade Switzer? Don't we need WR's and we already invested a year on developing him.
He's not that good and he wasn't likely to see the field much on Offense. Decent return guy, but not great. Small slot only and we need some guys that can play on the outside. Acquiring Austin made him expendable:2cents:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass half empty assessment.

LVE - scares me a little, just because he only had one year of quality work, neck injury and all. Yes he is talented, no I don't see Urlacher, but I do see plenty of attributes in his game that will justify the pick.
Williams - better be as advertised. My bitterness has nothing to do with him, it has more to do with not picking the guy that I wanted (Anthony Miller) who went to the Bears a pick later. Williams+Gallup vs Anthony Miller+Orlando Brown to me.
Gallup - I really do like him, just like a handful of WRs. I don't see stardom, but I see solid prospect - like a Pierre Garcon.
Armstrong - looks like a poor man's Randy Gregory, but he will likely have more of an impact due to him not being Randy Gregory.
Schultz - looks like a Hanna replacement, no more no less.
White - probably headed to the practice squad (or imaginary IR)
Covington - project LBer.
Wilson - looks like Devin Street 2.0. Can get open if left open.
Scarbrough - upside pick with no risk and high reward. Great pass blocker, decent hands should be able to win backup role behind Zeke.

I would have gone off the trail (not hindsight, while watching live):

Anthony Miller (not Williams)
Orlando Brown (not Gallup) tackle moving to guard
Shaq Griffin (not Armstrong)
Maurice Hurst (not Schultz)
St. Brown (not Covington)
I would have taken Scarbrough with the Wilson pick.
Ryan Izzo with the Scarbrough pick

After the Williams pick I watched Brown fall all the way past our 3rd pick. I also wanted Griffin, and he fell past our 4th, would have taken him then. Watched Hurst keep falling and would have taken him and gotten a blocking TE as late as possible. I didn't see anything wrong with drafting another QB but I would have skipped adding another edge guy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Hurst fall and hoping we took him. It got to the point where reward outpaced risk by about 2 rounds IMO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS draft tracker says: "White has impressive arm talent and gets the ball out quickly. Major problems against pressure."

I don't think I've ever seen that written about a guy before. At least not so succinctly. I am curious what exactly has happened to earn such a sterling review.
I think Mike white played behind 5 chaz green clones. White was under assault in college. He does have a very strong arm