• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No in 1st. TE, RB, QB, C.
Yeah, I agree. But if hayden hurst is still there at 50 Cowboys better consider him. He is the best TE in this draft IMO. his age could scare teams away,bit I doubt it. He would be dak friendly. That said will hernandez would be Dak friendly.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armani Watts at 50. This kid would help form the next legion of boom

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA that I would like to sign is Moncrief , I think he could be a solid Replacement for what TWill offers but better.
I'd look at Alan Robinson who is coming off an ACL injury. Stud before his injury and could be somewhat on the cheap. Still just 25 and a great route runner when healthy.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd look at Alan Robinson who is coming off an ACL injury. Stud before his injury and could be somewhat on the cheap. Still just 25 and a great route runner when healthy.
I would love that move PDAY. Can we afford him though?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what $'s Robinson will get. He is a tough one for me. I thought he was totally overrated in his good years. I get that the QB play wasn't great, but he only caught half of his targets which is a bad sign to me. BUT, he is the exact TYPE of player we could use. Speed, can start, explosive. If he comes in cheaper due to injury and the doctors think he is ready to go I would be very happy with this signing. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any affordable FA WRs I'd put above him. I'm also intrigued by Pryor. Not sure what happened last year but I thought he was ready to step up and I think he can be had for cheap. Would love Watkins but I think he gets too much. Landry and Matthews bad fits IMO. Discount option would be John Brown. Not sure he plays enough to be useful, but would like to bring him in to camp and see what he has.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what $'s Robinson will get. He is a tough one for me. I thought he was totally overrated in his good years. I get that the QB play wasn't great, but he only caught half of his targets which is a bad sign to me. BUT, he is the exact TYPE of player we could use. Speed, can start, explosive. If he comes in cheaper due to injury and the doctors think he is ready to go I would be very happy with this signing. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any affordable FA WRs I'd put above him. I'm also intrigued by Pryor. Not sure what happened last year but I thought he was ready to step up and I think he can be had for cheap. Would love Watkins but I think he gets too much. Landry and Matthews bad fits IMO. Discount option would be John Brown. Not sure he plays enough to be useful, but would like to bring him in to camp and see what he has.
Other than the chance to trade for Earl Thomas(would give them a 2nd myself), I'd just as soon we sign our own and hit the draft

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that move PDAY. Can we afford him though?
that's the 64,000 question.
Lawrence, Hitchins and getting Martin his just due rates higher, but I'd sure look at Robinson if I was inclined to sign a FA wide receiver. Maybe he would take a little less to wear the star. :hope:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those Browns can fly

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A common thing for the better teams in the NFL is to use high picks on lineman. Guys that used to get drafted in the 3rd round areally now getting scooped up in the 1st. So if Wynn or Hernandez are on the board then if we pass I am going to be pissed off. Look at how the Eagles have drafted all those defensive lineman. Well we went OL and it made the Cowboys better. So yeah, I am on the hernandez bandwagon at 19. No fucking TE in the 1st

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scatter Shooting with all respect to the late Blackie Sherrod

Jimmy used to say "you cant coach speed " and while true give me the WR that just seems to find a way to get open.

The Army kid Brett Toth is well worth a look and pick in the NFL Draft he will serve 2 years as a Nuclear Tech of some kind before he could play but he could be a first round pick if not for his service commitment and hats off to him for serving first then maybe playing football. Seem to remember a couple other players that did pretty well In Dallas after their Service Commitment. I'm betting Will McClay is putting in some extra time Studying this young man.
Question is what round to draft him ? If he is available in the 4th I make that pick really fast.

Vea is my round 1 "pet cat" as Bill Parcells used to say. Will he make it to Dallas at 19 ? That's why you have Will McClay on the payroll for alternatives in the Draft.

Dallas Goedert is the TE I would like to draft he will be drafted early. Although I would not be 2 mad if they picked him in the 2nd. He needs to work on his routes but that's not a lack of skill more of repetition. Jason Witten cant play forever and Rico Gathers head injury is cause for concern for his future.

WR G RB LB SS? also needs in no particular order also

But IMHO you build the team from the Lines out and Dallas needs OL and DL help still.

Saw an article on Gregory saying how he would help DL and is eligible for reinstatement and while that's true I look at Gregory like finding a lost $100 bill I'm not holding my breath on it happening

Wondering what that Eagles fan caught eating Horse apples Wife and Mother told him?
Other than don't ever kiss me again!

Folks at the old Mouse ears getting bold in predicting that Dallas will release Dez Bryant, while it could happen I don't expect it to one way or the other Jerry will keep Dez around at least 1 more year. With most of their veteran reporters gone you have to wonder where they come up with these "facts".

Condolences to Jason Garrett and his family on the Passing of his Father Jim. Redball takes a lot of criticism some deserved some not but nothing but prayers and well wishes for his family right now.

With that said make sure to spend some time with your family or reach out with a phone call to Grandma or Uncle JOE just to say hi.You never know how much time is left.

As always JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy used to say "you cant coach speed " and while true give me the WR that just seems to find a way to get open.

The Army kid Brett Toth is well worth a look and pick in the NFL Draft he will serve 2 years as a Nuclear Tech of some kind before he could play but he could be a first round pick if not for his service commitment and hats off to him for serving first then maybe playing football. Seem to remember a couple other players that did pretty well In Dallas after their Service Commitment. I'm betting Will McClay is putting in some extra time Studying this young man.
Question is what round to draft him ? If he is available in the 4th I make that pick really fast.

Vea is my round 1 "pet cat" as Bill Parcells used to say. Will he make it to Dallas at 19 ? That's why you have Will McClay on the payroll for alternatives in the Draft.

Dallas Goedert is the TE I would like to draft he will be drafted early. Although I would not be 2 mad if they picked him in the 2nd. He needs to work on his routes but that's not a lack of skill more of repetition. Jason Witten cant play forever and Rico Gathers head injury is cause for concern for his future.

But IMHO you build the team from the Lines out and Dallas needs OL and DL help still.

Saw an article on Gregory saying how he would help DL and is eligible for reinstatement and while that's true I look at Gregory like finding a lost $100 bill I'm not holding my breath on it happening

Wondering what that Eagles fan caught eating Horse apples Wife and Mother told him?

Folks at the old Mouse ears getting bold in predicting that Dallas will release Dez Bryant, while it could happen I don't expect it to one way or the other Jerry will keep Dez around at least 1 more year. With most of their veteran reporters gone you have to wonder where they come up with these "facts".

Condolences to Jason Garrett and his family on the Passing of his Father Jim. Redball takes a lot of criticism some deserved some not but nothing but prayers and well wishes for his family right now.

With that said make sure to spend some time with your family or reach out with a phone call to Grandma or Uncle JOE just to say hi.You never know how much time is left.

As always JMHO

Good Post!
Colors...You & I may be the only ones who know Blackie and his Sunday Scatter Shooting columns. :D

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As always JMHO

Grew up with Blackie as part of my sports conscience... and he was a part of our weekly "Care Packages" from home while stationed in Europe in the late 70's along with Ritz crackers and cheese.

Well done, good sir.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are a quality draft, sign out own FA's, and one big hole filling signing (Vacarro, Robinson) from being a Super Bowl champ. With SJones and McClay running the show, I think there's a great chance that happens

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up with Blackie as part of my sports conscience... and he was a part of our weekly "Care Packages" from home while stationed in Europe in the late 70's along with Ritz crackers and cheese.

Well done, good sir.
Good Stuff!!
Three old farts

I think the name was "Some Hither Others Yawn"

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Stuff!!
Three old farts

I think the name was "Some Hither Some Yon"

Yep... it was.

Dude from Plano and I roomed together every time we deployed from Texas to RAF Mildenhall. Each week, his wife would send a Care package consisting of Ritz crackers, sharp Cheddar (Hard to imagine but that was a rare commodity in England back in the 70's), Summer Sausage, the previous weeks Dallas Morning News and Dallas Times Herald sports sections along with the previous week's Sporting News and Sports Illustrated.

My buddy picked a real winner... definitely married up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pre-combine

I'd love Vita Vea but not likely he drops to us...So I'll stay true to form and wish for a DB, Ronnie Harrison, Josh Jackson or maybe even another Colorado corner, Isaiah Oliver