• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we gave out a big contract to Watkins (and we would only get him with a big contract) and he caught 39 balls I would be fuming. TW had 53 catches last year
originally I wanted Watkins (in the draft) over Dez.
Now I would love to find a rookie contract with speed & hands in this years draft (if that exists)
No Watkins. he hasnt turned into the guy I thought he would.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Watkins. I think he still has potential for greatness, but he hasn't been used right in my estimation.

Two questions for me are: 1) can he even be used properly in Dallas, and 2) can we get him cheaply enough. He hasn't shown enough to get the big contract and our offense isn't going to focus around him. He would, at most, have an opportunity for 3-4 big plays per game with a few normal plays mixed in. That wouldn't be enough to pay him a big contract and barely enough to see if he is even worth having.

We need a speed guy with hands who doesn't mind being just a cog in power offense. Do those guys even exist anymore?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
originally I wanted Watkins (in the draft) over Dez.
Now I would love to find a rookie contract with speed & hands in this years draft (if that exists)
No Watkins. he hasnt turned into the guy I thought he would.

James Washington seems like a good fit here in second or third round. This offense is missing an explosive player, On the field that is

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Watkins. I think he still has potential for greatness, but he hasn't been used right in my estimation.

Two questions for me are: 1) can he even be used properly in Dallas, and 2) can we get him cheaply enough. He hasn't shown enough to get the big contract and our offense isn't going to focus around him. He would, at most, have an opportunity for 3-4 big plays per game with a few normal plays mixed in. That wouldn't be enough to pay him a big contract and barely enough to see if he is even worth having.

We need a speed guy with hands who doesn't mind being just a cog in power offense. Do those guys even exist anymore?

Philly has one. Torrey Smith. Speedster that catches 2-3 balls a game but can get deep. Ginn has never had hands until this season. Mike Wallace has always left me expecting more. For the price though, Torrey Smith is ideal

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked numbers 12 and 13 on the Cardinals too. Hell number 14 too

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has one. Torrey Smith. Speedster that catches 2-3 balls a game but can get deep. Ginn has never had hands until this season. Mike Wallace has always left me expecting more. For the price though, Torrey Smith is ideal
Pass on Torrey Smith

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said a guy that could accept his role. That guy doesn't have to be a number one WR. I was giving an example.
Smith is the exact kind of guy I don't want. Speed in and of itself is meaningless IMO. We need a starting quality WR first and foremost. Speed is needed on this offense, but not at the expense of quality. A guy like Torry Smith doesn't upgrade our WRs:2cents:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is the exact kind of guy I don't want. Speed in and of itself is meaningless IMO. We need a starting quality WR first and foremost. Speed is needed on this offense, but not at the expense of quality. A guy like Torry Smith doesn't upgrade our WRs:2cents:

Not many speed guys have great hands and they are usually small in size- Randy Moss an exception. Many of them play the slot as well. We choose run 5 yard ins and outs with our slot guy. I'm not sure why we are hung up on this speed thing. We aren't going to throw deep anyway. Our 90s offense- Harper, Irvin, Moose, Smith, Novacek, KMart was much slower than this one. Odell Beckham, IMO, is the fastest true number 1 guy in the league. Hopkins, Julio, Green, Chargers guy, Fitzgerald - no burners there.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Torrey Smith would be a ho hum signing and would not get too many excited.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Torrey Smith would be a ho hum signing and would not get too many excited.
I'll go a step further. T Smith would make us a worse team if he took snaps away from others. We absolutely do need speed to stretch the defense and the reason we don't throw deep is because no one is ever open deep other than Butler on occasion and we do throw deep to him, but he doesn't play enough to affect anything and when he does there are already 5 or 6 DBs on the field. We need a guy playing first and second down when one safety has his eyes on Zeke and the other has to choose between covering for a CB that is going to get beat deep and all of his other responsibilities. That is when the field opens up and big plays happen.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go a step further. T Smith would make us a worse team if he took snaps away from others. We absolutely do need speed to stretch the defense and the reason we don't throw deep is because no one is ever open deep other than Butler on occasion and we do throw deep to him, but he doesn't play enough to affect anything and when he does there are already 5 or 6 DBs on the field. We need a guy playing first and second down when one safety has his eyes on Zeke and the other has to choose between covering for a CB that is going to get beat deep and all of his other responsibilities. That is when the field opens up and big plays happen.

I have named more people than Torrey Smith. Smith makes 5 million a year. If we are keeping Dez- which I believe is an absolute must - we need to be pretty cost efficient with a FA WR. Sure you can draft one, but it takes a while for WRs to be ready in the NFL. For every Tyreek Hill drafted in the 5th round, there are 2-3 Tavon Austins that were drafted in the first. In other words, KC got extremely lucky. WR, IMO, is just a hard position to judge. I keep seeing Ridley as a target. His closest Pro Comparison according to Mike Mayok was Keenan McCardell. McCardell was a nice WR , but not fast at all.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ay would you Guys take Ridley or Christian Kirk in the first round if either guy was available at 19?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ay would you Guys take Ridley or Christian Kirk in the first round if either guy was available at 19?
If the scouts think they are the BPA I am fine with them or anyone. The first round of an NFL draft is never the place to "plug a hole" unless the player is the BPA or at least close to it.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my 1st choice is a bad ass DT in the 1st as long as it lands in the parameters that Jarntt has mentioned (BPA or close) The ones I am seeing in the 1st round are Da'Ron Payne, Vita Vea & Maurice Hurst.
funny you mention Kirk even though Mock drafts are kinda joke at this point. This page mentions the Cowboys taking Vea or Kirk.
NFL mock draft 2018: First-round projections, top players, NFL Draft order (02/02/2018)

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my 1st choice is a bad ass DT in the 1st as long as it lands in the parameters that Jarntt has mentioned (BPA or close) The ones I am seeing in the 1st round are Da'Ron Payne, Vita Vea & Maurice Hurst.
funny you mention Kirk even though Mock drafts are kinda joke at this point. This page mentions the Cowboys taking Vea or Kirk.
NFL mock draft 2018: First-round projections, top players, NFL Draft order (02/02/2018)
Kirk over Hurst. I would draft will hernandez over most that will be available at 19. Kirk is damn good. That SC TE is going to be a 25 year old rookie,but damn he is good.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the scouts think they are the BPA I am fine with them or anyone. The first round of an NFL draft is never the place to "plug a hole" unless the player is the BPA or at least close to it.
I agree, I'm hoping for Vita Vea, Will Hernandez or Christian Kirk in that order.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA that I would like to sign is Moncrief , I think he could be a solid Replacement for what TWill offers but better.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I'm hoping for Vita Vea, Will Hernandez or Christian Kirk in that order.
I agree, Hurst makes no sense as we already got irving and Collins whom are real good 3 techs. Vea is going to start from day one and be a beast. Hernandez would come in and start day 1 at LG and be a major upgrade. Kirk would add a deep threat that will kill you from the slot or outside.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk over Hurst. I would draft will hernandez over most that will be available at 19. Kirk is damn good. That SC TE is going to be a 25 year old rookie,but damn he is good.
we better not draft a TE in the 1st :rant: