• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm (2017)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will change quite a bit, I'm sure. This does not factor in the inevitable minor league free agents the org likes to use to fill the AA and AAA rosters. There will be injuries, trades and a few of the guys you've mentioned will be minor league free agents as well. According to my calculations Shawon Dunston, Jr, Carlos Garcia and Cristian Paulino will be eligible for minor league free agency. Both Garcia and Paulino have been playing infield as well as outfield for Augusta (actually, I'm not sure Garcia has played much outfield since moving down from Richmond).

And possible trades, if the Giants sell some pieces off (though I hope they would be getting talent closer to MLB than low-A ball).

And a few Dominican players might move up (Franklin Labour perhaps, or Alexander Canario though that would be a massive leap for a 17 year old so odds are really low).

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. There really aren't may guys on this Augusta roster at any position that have earned a promotion. Jacob Heyward has been really up and down, but his peripheral numbers suggest he could jump if only because he needs to get out of that crunch (2nd highest ISO, 3rd highest wRC+, in a fairly tough ballpark to hit in). Angomas probably moves up. Organizational guys like Paulino and Fargas will go wherever needed.

I think it's almost certain that Johnson jumps to San Jose, and very possible Baldwin does too. I think Zeigler goes to Augusta and Gustavo Cabrera makes his return there as well.

Heliot Ramos and Aaron Bond are probably headed to Augusta as well.

Reynolds will move onto AA, if he doesn't before the end of the season. Duggar will move to AAA, if he doesn't before the end of the season. Quinn has been a huge disappointment this year, almost sure he repeats.

Hunter Cole is probably all who moves up from AA.

So we've got:

Augusta: Zeigler-Cabrera-Ramos-Bond-Flumer-Rodriguez (Zeigler-Ramos-Bond in 1 outfield is crazy fast)

San Jose: Fabian-Heyward-Johnson-Quinn-Baldwin-Angomas

Richmond: Reynolds-Davis-Carbonell-Jebavy-Brusa

With Paulino, Fargas, Dunston, Carlos Garcia, Dalton Combs, Chris Burks all around as well. Lots of bodies to feed.

That's how I see is shaking out right now, though 10000% sure it will change many times.

I can see Ramos moving to Augusta but since he's so young I wonder if a move 'up' (if that's what it is) to S-K is more likely. You really think Brusa moves up? His numbers don't seem much different from Quinn's. Jebavy and Reynolds, yes, they move to Richmond. Cole, I guess he could move to Sacramento though he hasn't exactly killed it at Richmond. You make a decent argument for Heyward but I'm still skeptical, esp. if all of the other guys you list are at San Jose (plus if I'm right about Brusa staying at San Jose). That's quite the log jam. Of course, if he stays at Augusta, then that situation gets even worse. Ziegler, Cabrera, and Bond seem like sure things. Rodriguez, probably. If they don't baby him, Ramos for sure. That's already 4 or 5 guys. I have to wonder if this leads to Fulmer (and Dunston?) getting squeezed out of the organization, or at least being held back in Scottsdale.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Ramos moving to Augusta but since he's so young I wonder if a move 'up' (if that's what it is) to S-K is more likely. You really think Brusa moves up? His numbers don't seem much different from Quinn's. Jebavy and Reynolds, yes, they move to Richmond. Cole, I guess he could move to Sacramento though he hasn't exactly killed it at Richmond. You make a decent argument for Heyward but I'm still skeptical, esp. if all of the other guys you list are at San Jose (plus if I'm right about Brusa staying at San Jose). That's quite the log jam. Of course, if he stays at Augusta, then that situation gets even worse. Ziegler, Cabrera, and Bond seem like sure things. Rodriguez, probably. If they don't baby him, Ramos for sure. That's already 4 or 5 guys. I have to wonder if this leads to Fulmer (and Dunston?) getting squeezed out of the organization, or at least being held back in Scottsdale.
Someone (I don't remember who) brought up that the org wants to be more conservative on promotions. If that holds true, Ramos probably goes to S-K. However, the org doesn't always follow through with what they say (example, playing the "kids" in SF). There isn't much at the upper levels, so I expect the org to sign a few minor league free agents this offseason. However, as you and other mentioned, there is a log jam in the lower minors. I think you are right on guys like Dunston getting squeezed out. They will probably release one or two guys as well (like Fulmer or maybe even Fargas).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants' recent history of high school picks shows that they aren't afraid to promote higher draft picks to Augusta.

2015 Jalen Miller - SS (3rd round). Augusta
2014 Logan Webb - P (4th round). Salem
2013 Christian Arroyo - SS (1st round). Augusta (and was sent down to Salem)
2013 Ryder Jones - 3B (2nd round). Augusta
2013 Johneshwy Fargas - OF (11th round). Salem. Now Fargas might be the closest comp to Ramos, as both came out of Puerto Rico around the same age (Fargas 6 months older). But, thus far, Ramos has shown much more in Arizona.
2012 Shilo McCall - OF (9th round). Salem.

I think with what Ramos has shown so far, he's definitely headed to Augusta.

My thought process with Brusa is that he's an older player with not much to show. He's a TOP at best. Though he hasn't hit much in San Jose, so it's probably not fair to send him to a tough hitters park and is probably not realistic. Guys like him though have a little window and he probably blew it this season. Likely org depth at this point.

With Cole, similar boat to Brusa. Except I think the Giants owe it to him to move him up into a better place to hit. Unless in some bizarro world he's enjoying life in Richmond. There should be some space for him in Sacramento.

This has also reminded me that Jose Layer needs to be thrown into the Augusta/Salem mix.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday 8/15

Pitching Line: IP-H-R-ER-BB-K

Sacramento River Cats (AAA) WON 7-6

Mac Williamson 3-5, 2 HR (11th and 12th), 3 RBI, 2 R. His 2nd homer was a game-tying shot in the 9th.
Conor Gillaspie 2-5, 2B, 1 R, 1 K, 1 SB (3). Also had a steal yesterday.
Tim Federowicz 3-5, HR (8), 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 K.
Chris Shaw 1-4, 2B, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K. Really good to see Shaw is alright. Played LF.

Roberto Gomez 5.2-5-2-1-0-4
D.J. Snelten 0.1-0-0-0-0-0
Steven Okert 1.0-4-4-4-1-1
Reyes Moronta 1.0-1-0-0-1-1
Tyler Rogers 1.0-0-0-0-0-0

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA) lost 4-3

Aramis Garcia 2-3, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 PB, 1 E. Easily Garcia's best game with the bat, but a couple of bad defensive plays.

Tyler Herb 6.2-7-4-2-1-7
Jarret Martin 1.1-0-0-0-1-0

San Jose Giants (A+) lost 5-3

Steven Duggar 2-3, 2B, 2 BB, 2 R. Great line.
Jonah Arenado 2-4, 2 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K. Still swinging a white-hot bat.

Garrett Williams 7.0-7-4-3-2-5. Committed 2 errors, one throwing and one catch. Had 15.2 innings in the Cal League before giving up a run. Still was pretty dominant overall, throwing strikes (60 of 89 pitches for strikes) and getting ground balls/weak contact (12 groundouts, 1 flyout). Great stuff.
David Owen 1.0-0-0-0-1-0
Dylan Rheault 1.0-2-1-1-0-1

Augusta GreenJackets (A) lost 5-2

Jacob Heyward 2-3, 1 RBI, 1 BB. Speaking off

Stephen Woods 4.0-2-0-0-3-3
D.J. Myers 4.2-9-5-2-1-1
Jose Morel 0.1-0-0-0-0-0

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (A-) lost 10-5

Malique Ziegler 0-3, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K.
Bryce Johnson 2-3, 2 R, 1 PO.
Logan Baldwin 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 SB (12), 1 CS (7). These 3 make a pretty formidable 1-3 in the lineup (which is what they bat).
Ryan Kirby 1-2, 2 RBI.

Peter Lannoo 4.0-7-4-0-1-3
Andy Rohloff 1.1-5-6-4-1-2
Alex Bostic 0.2-3-0-0-0-1
Tyler Schimpf 2.0-2-0-0-0-2

DSL Giants (Rookie) WON 8-5

Alexander Canario was lifted for a pinch hitter. I'll update if I hear anything.

DSL Giants vs. DSL White Sox - August 15, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

AZL Giants (Rookie) WALKED-OFF 4-3

Heliot Ramos 1-5, 2B, 1 RBI, 3 K.
Jacob Gonzalez 2-3, 2B, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K.
Aaron Bond 2-4, 2B, 1 R, 1 K, 1 SB (4).

AZL Brewers vs. AZL Giants - August 15, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants' recent history of high school picks shows that they aren't afraid to promote higher draft picks to Augusta.

2013 Johneshwy Fargas - OF (11th round). Salem. Now Fargas might be the closest comp to Ramos, as both came out of Puerto Rico around the same age (Fargas 6 months older). But, thus far, Ramos has shown much more in Arizona.

My thought process with Brusa is that he's an older player with not much to show. He's a TOP at best. Though he hasn't hit much in San Jose, so it's probably not fair to send him to a tough hitters park and is probably not realistic. Guys like him though have a little window and he probably blew it this season. Likely org depth at this point.

With Cole, similar boat to Brusa. Except I think the Giants owe it to him to move him up into a better place to hit. Unless in some bizarro world he's enjoying life in Richmond. There should be some space for him in Sacramento.

This has also reminded me that Jose Layer needs to be thrown into the Augusta/Salem mix.

Ah, using history to document your argument, eh? :D Ok, so there's a decent, 50/50 chance Ramos is in Augusta. I'd kinda like to see that, hopefully he does well and can accelerate his growth curve. But if he's there, then Gonzalez probably has to go too? He seems to be doing about as well as Ramos, if not better. But what does that do to someone like Matheny? And if Layer is added to the mix (which he should be, as you suggested), what about (pulling one of several possible names at near-random) someone like Rincones, or Munguia (did I spell that right?). My head's starting to spin with all the possibilities. A good problem to have I guess, too bad we don't have more such issues in the upper minors. I guess everything will work its way out over the winter and spring.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, using history to document your argument, eh? :D Ok, so there's a decent, 50/50 chance Ramos is in Augusta. I'd kinda like to see that, hopefully he does well and can accelerate his growth curve. But if he's there, then Gonzalez probably has to go too? He seems to be doing about as well as Ramos, if not better. But what does that do to someone like Matheny? And if Layer is added to the mix (which he should be, as you suggested), what about (pulling one of several possible names at near-random) someone like Rincones, or Munguia (did I spell that right?). My head's starting to spin with all the possibilities. A good problem to have I guess, too bad we don't have more such issues in the upper minors. I guess everything will work its way out over the winter and spring.

Who does that these days?!

But yeah I think the Giants will aggressively promote Ramos, Gonzo, and Seth Corry. Possible one or some of the Salem guys move to San Jose (another long-term precedent the Giants have had with their college bats: Salem--San Jose--Richmond within a year).

And as you say, there's a lot of stuff that's going to happen between now and next March. Tons of moves to come.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Ramos and Gonzo are KILLING it. I would not be totally shocked to see one or both sent to SJ next year. That would also keep them close for FO viewing...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Ramos and Gonzo are KILLING it. I would not be totally shocked to see one or both sent to SJ next year. That would also keep them close for FO viewing...
So you guys think that the FO saying they plan to be more conservative in moving guys up are empty words?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys think that the FO saying they plan to be more conservative in moving guys up are empty words?
I just heard that reported on another site (drb?). I never heard it from a credible source.

But if I had to guess where they would go, I would guess the both start in Augusta, with quick promos to SJ.

Reactions: LHG

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I believe that, until I see further evidence that they are slowing down promotions, I will stick to recent history (despite some seemingly slow movement, aggressive early promotions remained the same).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I believe that, until I see further evidence that they are slowing down promotions, I will stick to recent history (despite some seemingly slow movement, aggressive early promotions remained the same).
I guess the proof will be in the pudding, as the saying goes,opening day 2018.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday 8/16

Sacramento River Cats (AAA) lost 4-0

Mac Williamson 2-4, 2B, 1 K.

Jose Flores 5.0-5-1-1-3-7
Collin Balester 2.0-3-2-2-0-0
Derek Law 1.0-2-1-1-1-0

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA) lost 7-4

Caleb Gindl 2-5, 2B, HR (7), 2 R, 1 RBI, 2 K.
Aramis Garcia 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 K, 1 E (3).
T.J. Bennett 2-4, 2B, 1 R.

Dillon McNamara 2.2-5-3-3-3-1
Vic Black 2.1-3-2-2-2-1
Carlos Alvarado 1.0-0-0-0-1-1
Sam Coonrod 1.0-0-0-0-1-2. I forgot this was a thing.
Seth Rosin 1.0-2-2-2-1-1

San Jose Giants (A+) WON 4-2

Jonah Arenado 1-3, 2B, 2 R, 1 BB.
Bryan Reynolds 2-4, 2B.
Dillon Dobson 3-4, HR (15), 2B, 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 K.
Heath Quinn 2-3, 2B, 1 RBI.

Matt Solter 5.0-5-2-1-1-4
Matt Krook 1.0-0-0-0-0-2. Two strikeouts and a groundball, perfect.
Heath Slatton 2.0-3-0-0-0-3
Dylan Rheault 1.0-0-0-0-0-0

Augusta GreenJackets (A) lost 12-5

Shawon Dunston Jr. 2-3, 3B, 2 BB, 2 R, 1 RBI, 2 SB (8). Hell of a game.
Jean Angomas 2-5, 1 RBI.
Cristian Paulino 2-4, 2B, 1 R.

Melvin Adon 0.2-6-6-6-1-1. Yikes. Threw 38 pitches (25 strikes though).
Connor Kaden 4.1-3-0-0-2-0
Sandro Cabrera 1.0-2-2-2-1-3
Jeff Burke 1.0-1-0-0-0-1
Caleb Smith 1.0-4-4-4-1-2
Nolan Riggs 1.0-0-0-0-1-0

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (A-) WON 12-3

Malique Ziegler 3-6, 2 R, 2 SB (22), 1 K.
Bryce Johnson 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 R, 2 K. Left early, not sure why.
Logan Baldwin 4-5, 2B, 2 R, 1 SB (13).
Ryan Kirby 2-4, HR (6), 5 RBI, 1 R, 1 K.
Orlando Garcia 1-3, 2 RBI, 1 R, 2 BB.
Michael Sexton 2-5, 2B, 2 RBI, 1 R.

Jose Marte 6.0-9-2-2-1-5
Cesar Yanez 1.2-2-1-1-4-1
John Timmins 1.1-1-0-0-0-0

DSL Giants (Rookie) WON 5-0

Gregory Santos 6.0-5-0-0-0-6. Sexy.

DSL Padres vs. DSL Giants - August 16, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

AZL Giants (Rookie) lost 7-1

Heliot Ramos 1-4, HR (6), 1 R, 1 RBI, 2 K.

AZL Giants vs. AZL Padres 2 - August 16, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Arroyo won't play again for Giants in 2017

Christian Arroyo is not going to take the field again this season.

"He won't be back," Giants GM Bobby Evans announced on KNBR 680. "He's gonna hopefully get some winter ball opportunity, but he will not be healthy enough to come back this season during the regular season."

The Giants selected Arroyo with the 25th overall pick in the 2013 draft.

He made his big-league debut on April 24.

Over his first 13 games with the Orange and Black, he hit .255 with three home runs and six RBI.

But over his next 21 games (19 starts), he hit .149 with no home runs, eight RBI and 19 strikeouts.

On June 4, he was optioned to Triple-A Sacramento.

Then, on July 1 -- in his first minor-league game in a couple weeks -- he sustained a broken left hand when he was hit by a pitch.

Arroyo underwent surgery on July 10.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"He won't be back," Giants GM Bobby Evans announced on KNBR 680. "He's gonna hopefully get some winter ball opportunity, but he will not be healthy enough to come back this season during the regular season."

Over his first 13 games with the Orange and Black, he hit .255 with three home runs and six RBI.

But over his next 21 games (19 starts), he hit .149 with no home runs, eight RBI and 19 strikeouts.

Then, on July 1 -- in his first minor-league game in a couple weeks -- he sustained a broken left hand when he was hit by a pitch.

Wow, what a glorious season this has been.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not terribly surprising, but I really hope he is able to play Winter Ball in the Dominican or something. Those are competitive leagues, and would face some good competition.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday 8/17

Sacramento River Cats (AAA) WON 7-4

Chris Shaw 2-5, HR (15-21st overall), 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R, 1 K.
Tim Federowicz 2-4, HR (9), 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R.
Jae-Gyun Hwang 1-3, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 E (14).

Andrew Suarez 5.0-6-2-1-0-3
D.J. Snelten 2.1-2-1-1-0-1
Tyler Rogers 1.2-2-1-1-1-1

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA) lost 5-4

Caleb Gindl 1-5, HR (8), 1 RBI, 1 R.
C.J Hinojosa 2-4, 1 R.
Hunter Cole 1-3, 2 BB.
Jerry Sands 2-4, 2B, 3B, 1 RBI, 1 E (2).
K.C. Hobson 2-3, HR (8), 1 RBI, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 assist.

Cory Taylor 5.0-11-5-3-2-3
Jarret Martin 1.0-0-0-0-1-2
Cody Hall 1.0-0-0-0-0-3
Tyler Cyr 1.0-1-0-0-0-1

San Jose Giants (A+) lost 8-2

Heath Quinn 2-3, HR (9), 2 RBI, 1 R. He needed this.

Shaun Anderson 3.2-7-4-4-0-2
Michael Cederoth 1.1-4-3-2-1-2
Drew Muren 1.0-1-1-0-0-2
Caleb Simpson 2.0-0-0-0-0-3
Rodolfo Martinez 1.0-1-0-0-1-1

Augusta GreenJackets (A) lost 5-0

Kelvin Beltre 2-3, 2B, 1 BB, 1 SB (10), 1 CS (5).

Domenic Mazza 6.0-6-0-0-3-4
Jose Morel 1.2-4-5-3-2-4
Jeff Burke 0.1-0-0-0-0-0
Patrick Ruotolo 1.0-1-0-0-0-0. Been putting up some pretty insane numbers this year. 27th round pick out of UConn in 2016. 35.5 K%, 6.6 BB%, .171 BAA.

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (A-) WON 14-5

Malique Ziegler 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 SB (23), 1 CS (8).
Bryce Johnson 1-3, 2 R, 1 RBI, 2 BB.
Logan Baldwin 2-5, 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R, 1 assist.
Ryan Kirby 2-5, 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 K.
Michael Sexton 2-5, HR (1), 3 RBI, 1 R, 1 K.
Rob Calabrese 4-5, 2 R, 1 PB.
Kevin Rivera 3-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 2 R, 1 BB.

Jason Bahr 3.0-2-2-1-2-2
Luis Pino 4.0-2-1-1-2-2
Garrett Cave 1.0-1-2-2-2-1
John Timmins 1.0-0-0-0-0-0

DSL Giants (Rookie) lost 3-2 (makeup of 7/31)

DSL Giants vs. DSL Padres - August 17, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

DSL Giants (Rookie) WON 2-1

DSL Giants vs. DSL Padres - August 17, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

AZL Giants (Rookie) WALKED-OFF 10-9

Seth Corry 3.0-1-1-1-1-0
Ray Black 1.0-0-0-0-2-3. Black is back. If he can ever stay healthy for a moment, still has insane movement and velo (96-98 today).

AZL Padres vs. AZL Giants - August 17, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday 8/18

Sacramento River Cats (AAA) WON 7-3

Mac Williamson 4-4, 2B, 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 BB.
Conor Gillaspie 3-5, 3 R.
Chris Shaw 2-4, 3 RBI, 1 K.

Matt Gage 5.1-6-2-2-3-3
Kraig Sitton 0.2-2-1-1-0-0
Steven Okert 1.0-0-0-0-0-0
Derek Law 2.0-2-0-0-1-1

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA) was suspended due to rain. Will be completed tomorrow. The Squirrels had a 7-0 lead.

San Jose Giants (A+) lost 11-1

Steven Duggar 2-4, 2B, 2 K.

Conner Menez 3.1-9-6-6-2-4
Matt Krook 2.2-1-0-0-1-4. 5 groundouts and 4 strikeouts, money! 10.2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 14 Ks, 6 BBs since going to the Pen.
Rodolfo Martinez 2.0-3-2-2-0-4.
Dylan Rheault 0.2-3-3-0-0-0
John Polonius 0.1-0-0-0-0-1. He's a shortstop. 3rd career appearance, 1st since 2015.

Augusta GreenJackets (A) WON 5-4, scoring 2 in the 9th.

Johneshwy Fargas 1-2, 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB, CS (7).

Caleb Baragar 6.0-7-2-2-1-5
Nolan Riggs 2.0-2-2-1-0-2
Patrick Ruotolo 1.0-0-0-0-0-3.

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (A-) WON 4-3

Bryce Johnson 2-4, 1 R, 1 K.
Manuel Geraldo 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 CS (10).

Greg Jacknewitz 4.2-6-3-2-1-3
Tyler Schimpf 1.1-1-0-0-1-2
Logan Webb 3.0-6-0-0-0-4

DSL Giants (Rookie) WON 8-0

DSL Orioles vs. DSL Giants - August 18, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday 8/19

Sacramento River Cats (AAA) WON 8-0

Jae-Gyun Hwang 2-4, HR (9), 4 RBI, 1 R.
Melvin Upton Jr. 2-5, HR (1), 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 K.
Conor Gillaspie 3-5, 1 R, 1 K.
Chris Shaw 1-4, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K.

Casey Kelly 6.0-5-0-0-2-7
Dusten Knight 2.0-2-0-0-0-1
Reyes Moronta 1.0-0-0-0-1-1

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA) WON 9-7 (completion of yesterday's game)

Myles Schroder 2-4, HR (6), 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R, 1 K.
Caleb Gindl 2-5, 3B, 2 RBI, 1 R, 2 K.
Hunter Cole 2-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 assist.

Nate Reed 1.0-0-0-0-2-1
Carlos Alvarado 2.1-5-4-4-3-2
Seth Rosin 1.2-2-0-0-2-2
Ryan Halstead 1.2-3-1-1-1-2
Cody Hall 1.1-2-1-1-0-3
Tyler Cyr 1.0-2-1-0-0-0

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA) WON 2-0

Hunter Cole 1-2, 1 R, 1 BB.
Rando Moreno 1-2, 1 RBI.

Dan Slania 7.0-2-0-0-1-8. "Technically" a complete game, 2-hitter.

San Jose Giants (A+) WALKED OFF 8-7 in 10 innings, scoring 1 in the 7th, 4 in the 8th and 1 in the 10th.

Ronnie Jebavy 3-4, HR (2), 3 RBI, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 SB (10).
Jonah Arenado 3-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 E (21).
Heath Quinn 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K.
Gio Brusa 2-4, 2 2B, 1 R, 1 BB.

Mark Reyes 5.0-7-6-6-1-7
Heath Slatton 2.0-2-1-1-0-1
Drew Muren 2.0-0-0-0-1-3
Caleb Simpson 1.0-0-0-0-0-1

Augusta GreenJackets (A) lost 5-0

Offense managed 2 hits, no walks.

Raffi Vizcaino 5.0-7-2-2-1-4
Melvin Adon 1.0-4-3-3-1-2. Seems like Adon has been shifted to the Pen, I suspect like Krook to limit his innings.
D.J. Myers 1.0-1-0-0-0-1
Caleb Smith 1.0-0-0-0-0-0

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (A-) WON 6-0

Orlando Garcia 1-3, 2B, 2 R, 1 BB.
Shane Matheny 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI.
Malique Ziegler 1-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 SB (24).

Stetson Woods 3.0-2-0-0-0-2
Alejandro De La Rosa 2.0-1-0-0-1-3
Aaron Phillips 3.0-0-0-0-2-4
John Russell 1.0-1-0-0-0-2

DSL Giants (Rookie) lost 5-4

DSL Giants vs. DSL Orioles - August 19, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

AZL Giants (Rookie) WON 10-5

Heliot Ramos 2-3, 3B, 2B, 2 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 SB (10). Stud. He was thrown out trying to stretch his double into a triple (also got tagged before the runner scored, he'll learn!).

AZL Athletics vs. AZL Giants - August 19, 2017 | MiLB.com Box | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball