• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm (2017)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little surprised that no one has signed Ishikawa. Then again, the major league market for 1st base players has been really slow. Got to wonder if that has trickled down to the minor leagues as well.

And I'm still sore that two teams left the Cal League. Ridiculous.

Yeah 8 team Cal League is just whack

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 8 team Cal League is just whack

I guess it means that San Jose will be playing more games at each opponent, so more opps to see them in Modesto and Stockton for me.

Not gonna lie, I am not going to miss High Desert at all. And the Oildale ballpark wasn't all that great, either.

Final days of the Bakersfield Blaze

Last edited:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it means that San Jose will be playing more games at each opponent, so more opps to see them in Modesto and Stockton for me.

Not gonna lie, I am not going to miss High Desert at all. And the Oildale ballpark wasn't all that great, either.

Final days of the Bakersfield Blaze
Never went to the park in Adelanto but did drive by it once (out in the middle of nowhere. They obviously expected the area to grow more than it did). I did catch a couple of games in Bakersfield back in the 90s. That was before most of the NorCal parks were getting face lifts. I was used to rickty old stadiums like Visalia's and Modesto's. It would have been nice that the team put in a new stadium. Bakersfiled is larger than some triple A cities.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Lipso Nava, former San Jose manager now Richmond manager, in the Caribbean series. He's the Venezuela manager.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never went to the park in Adelanto but did drive by it once (out in the middle of nowhere. They obviously expected the area to grow more than it did). I did catch a couple of games in Bakersfield back in the 90s. That was before most of the NorCal parks were getting face lifts. I was used to rickty old stadiums like Visalia's and Modesto's. It would have been nice that the team put in a new stadium. Bakersfiled is larger than some triple A cities.
Someone has been to Mammoth...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been up there but also gone through the area to a golf resort about 30 minutes north of there.
Every time I drive to Mammoth, I laugh at that nice park in the middle of nowhere.

Only seats 3800 people, though. Probably a nice place to take in a game.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I drive to Mammoth, I laugh at that nice park in the middle of nowhere.

Only seats 3800 people, though. Probably a nice place to take in a game.
Now I wish I would have caught a game there. Too late now (at least a professional baseball game). I once had dreams of watching a game at every Cal League park. That dream died years ago.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I wish I would have caught a game there. Too late now (at least a professional baseball game). I once had dreams of watching a game at every Cal League park. That dream died years ago.
They got an expansion Pioneer League team. It is independent, but still "professional"...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got an expansion Pioneer League team. It is independent, but still "professional"...
Never even heard of that league. Is it new? I remember the Western League but I think that one has been defunct for some years now.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ryan Lollis re-signing with the org, the Giants now have 14 outfielders competing for spots in either AAA or AA. The list (with the position each primarily played in 2016):
Wynton Bernard, lf
Daniel Carbonell, lf
Hunter Cole, rf
Dylan Davis, rf
Steven Duggar, cf
Carlos Garcia, lf
Tyler Horan, lf
Ronnie Jebavy, cf
Ryan Lollis, rf
Carlos Moncrief, lf
Justin Ruggiano, lf
Myles Schroder, cf
Austin Slater, lf
Mac Williamson, rf

This doesn't count Gorkys Hernandez and Jarrett Parker (assuming they both make the big league club), Kyle Blanks or Mike Morse, who both have played the outfield in the past.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis, Duggar and Slater are guaranteed spots. Jabevy, Cole, and Horan are pretty much automatics as well.

Mac and Ruggiano are fighting for a SF job. Mac will definitely stay in the org (he has no say), but I gave no idea what Ruggiano's situation is. I am sure the Giants would like him to stick around.

I have heard good things about Bernard, but I know nithing about him myself.

Everyone else is fodder and will likely be in the org in one fashion or the other.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ryan Lollis re-signing with the org, the Giants now have 14 outfielders competing for spots in either AAA or AA. The list (with the position each primarily played in 2016):
Wynton Bernard, lf
Daniel Carbonell, lf
Hunter Cole, rf
Dylan Davis, rf
Steven Duggar, cf
Carlos Garcia, lf
Tyler Horan, lf
Ronnie Jebavy, cf
Ryan Lollis, rf
Carlos Moncrief, lf
Justin Ruggiano, lf
Myles Schroder, cf
Austin Slater, lf
Mac Williamson, rf

This doesn't count Gorkys Hernandez and Jarrett Parker (assuming they both make the big league club), Kyle Blanks or Mike Morse, who both have played the outfield in the past.

I've heard Ryder Jones is also a possible candidate to be moved to the OF.

But yeah to piggy back Cal, Bernard is also very probably guaranteed a lot of time. I'm not convinced some of these veteran players will go to the minors. I think there's a very good chance Ruggiano makes the SF team, with Parker and Gorkys.

Mac-Duggar-Slater-Bernard-Cole maybe Jones?

Moncrief-Garcia-Davis-Horan-Carbonell

Remember there's also DH's in all these leagues. Jebavy injured his shoulder in the playoffs, he might not even be ready. Even so, he could stay in SJ.

Lollis, Schroder are probably shuttle players, or maybe even coaches in training.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Ryder Jones is also a possible candidate to be moved to the OF.

But yeah to piggy back Cal, Bernard is also very probably guaranteed a lot of time. I'm not convinced some of these veteran players will go to the minors. I think there's a very good chance Ruggiano makes the SF team, with Parker and Gorkys.

Mac-Duggar-Slater-Bernard-Cole maybe Jones?

Moncrief-Garcia-Davis-Horan-Carbonell

Remember there's also DH's in all these leagues. Jebavy injured his shoulder in the playoffs, he might not even be ready. Even so, he could stay in SJ.

Lollis, Schroder are probably shuttle players, or maybe even coaches in training.
I realize that this conversation may be a bit of rehash from an earlier one, but remember that the Giants typically have their affiliates carry 13 pitchers and its not unusual for them to carry 3 catchers as well. That leaves 9 to 10 spots for the infield and outfield. Typically, that means only 4 outfielders, unless the 5th one can handle the infield (such as Schroder).