• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doom and gloom

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game yesterday was a little painful to watch, but the reactions that a lot of people have are ridiculous. One week people are claiming the team is invincible and the next everyone wants heads to roll. The hawks still have a better chance than not of locking up the number one seed, yet reading posts you would think we were worse off than any team in the league.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not writing off the season, not by a long shot. But seeing Tate favoring his hand and Kearse limping around among others it really makes me wish we were in a position to rest starters. Every great team lays an egg now and again, the timing of this one really sucks though. That's why I'm a little bummed.

Our D still played lights out and if the offense comes out guns blazing next week I'll forget all about it though!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen much doom and gloom at all. On the contrary most are giving Arizona due credit for a stout defensive performance. Others are suggesting that this loss might be good going forward. Some are saying we were going to lose at home at some point and they are happy it happened now and not in the playoffs.

I've seen a couple posts about the tough calls that didn't go our way, but I wouldn't call that doom and gloom.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was just going to the well one too many times. We have had several games like this all year and in most of the others have found a way to get just one or two key plays to win them. This one didn't work out that way.

You take any one of the many dumb things back and they still win despite the rest of the bad play. Take back one of Turbin's fumbles. Maybe score a TD when you start first and goal at the 5. Have Wilson just make the passes to the guys who were open. Any one of those and it ends up looking like the others we barely won. Or even just have maxwell get one extra finger on that long pass.

I don't think anyone feels the wheels are coming off the bus. If they do they are idiots and not worth reading anyway. I think we all know how bad our offensive line is and yet we have had those miserable wastes all year and won more than we have lost with them so why can't they keep on doing so?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not giving up on the season at all. Just pissed at how poorly they played. I will admit though, I am concerned about the Rams game. St. Louis gave Seattle a much harder time than Arizona did the first time around. I have no reason to think the defense won't be spectacular again. I just hope the offense gets its shit fixed. It's been 3 straight weeks now of poor offensive performances.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some interesting things I found.

The 2012 Ravens lost four of their final five games. Won the SB
The 2011 NYG lost 23-10 at home to the 6-10 Redskins in week 15. Went on to win the SB
The 2010 Packers lost 2 of their final four. Went on to win the SB
The 2009 Saints lost their final 3 games (started 13-0), including one to the 3-13 Bucs and 8-8 Panthers. Won the SB
The 2007 Giants lost 2 of their final 3. Went on to win the SB.
The 2006 Colts lost 3 of 4 before winning their final game. Went on to win the SB

Im not saying that losing 2 of the last 3 is a good thing. Just saying that most of the previous Champs have had rough spots in the final month. Just keep in mind that we are already in the dance and playing at home in week 17 for a chance to clinch homefield.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doom and Gloom? Okay, I am the guilty one. But I remember Jack Patera and that "best athlete available garbage"
Having watched most of the games since the 1980 season, I am a glass half empty kind of guy when it comes to seattle sports. The league can thank Seattle for instant replay. If they win the Super bowl, they will probably screw up the parade!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doom and Gloom? Okay, I am the guilty one. But I remember Jack Patera and that "best athlete available garbage"
Having watched most of the games since the 1980 season, I am a glass half empty kind of guy when it comes to seattle sports. The league can thank Seattle for instant replay. If they win the Super bowl, they will probably screw up the parade!

Naaa, it would be a epic parade, but I'm a glass full kind of guy.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im doomy and gloomy but to be fair I have wanted bevell fired since he was first hired. one way or another he has to be replaced when this season is over.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle professional sports haven't had a championship since 1979 (Sorry but WNBA don't count for me). I think if we win the SB, the parade will be one for the ages and will be an epic one! This city is due!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im doomy and gloomy but to be fair I have wanted bevell fired since he was first hired. one way or another he has to be replaced when this season is over.

Snuggles if you said Tom Cable and Bevell, I'd say fine. Hell I'm not a Bevell fan, but the big problem is the OL and that's Tom Cable job, of course is a the assistant head coach to Pete and a good friend of Pete. Hiring him involved letting him having input in the the draft ( Thanks Tom for Moffit and Carpentar) Tom needs to be the first to leave IMO.

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snuggles if you said Tom Cable and Bevell, I'd say fine. Hell I'm not a Bevell fan, but the big problem is the OL and that's Tom Cable job, of course is a the assistant head coach to Pete and a good friend of Pete. Hiring him involved letting him having input in the the draft ( Thanks Tom for Moffit and Carpentar) Tom needs to be the first to leave IMO.

I have to agree with Harold. Even in Oakland cable was only able to put together run blocking schemes with complete neglect to pass protection. His rank is generally tops in the league in one and worst in the other. We have a strong running back but that doesn't mean we don't have the personnel to put together a more well rounded offense. The lack of pass protection ability really limits what we are able to do on the field. A strong pass rush completely locks down our offense and allows teams to focus on stuffing the run, which has been the problem I see recently. I have seen a few people recommend that we open up the passing game first to allow the run game a fair chance, which I agree with, but I think the reason it's not being done is our line's limitations in pass protection. I still think we have a championship caliber team, but I do think it is fair to talk about our weaknesses.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not the players, its the plays. if you have a weakness, gameplan around it. bevell takes the same plan into every game and forces. it shouldn't be that way.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember, when you are on a pedestal, people can't wait for you to fall and start kicking you when you're down. The Seahawks are fine. There in no team in the NFC that is close to their level of talent, week in and week out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MrSnuggles2k2;4240637[B said:
]its not the players, its the plays[/B]. if you have a weakness, gameplan around it. bevell takes the same plan into every game and forces. it shouldn't be that way.

The Cards brought their safeties up close to shutdown the short pass and run. The only answer to that is to beat them long, but if your OL isn't up to the job (also WRs) what do you call?

Perhaps having your WRs chip like the Falcons did to the 49ers? I'm not a Bevell fan, but damn your OL line has to do better then what they did last Sunday.
My only complaint to the fire Bevell is.....that isn't where the problem starts, he just isn't good enough to fix a problem that starts with Tom Cable. Given a OK OL Bevell does OK IMO.

Get better quality on the OL and a better OL coach...problem fixed!