• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don Nehlen, RichRod, Dana

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think if we had hired a coach who knew what he was doing, we would have been where we are now five years ago, rather than watching a guy learn to be a HC!!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think if we had hired a coach who knew what he was doing, we would have been where we are now five years ago, rather than watching a guy learn to be a HC!!!!!!!

I think it is sad you really think this. I do not think many coaches would have done as good as job.

This guy won ten with your heroes players and now he won ten with his players...the guy can coach, whether you agree with his every move or not is one thing, but everything he said he needed to do he did and he started winning games. After 5 years of work, I cannot see how many cannot be happy with this guy as HC.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is sad you really think this. I do not think many coaches would have done as good as job.

This guy won ten with your heroes players and now he won ten with his players...the guy can coach, whether you agree with his every move or not is one thing, but everything he said he needed to do he did and he started winning games. After 5 years of work, I cannot see how many cannot be happy with this guy as HC.

Exactly!

Think how much better Dana could have done had Billy left some talent outside of 3 players! Dana painfully had to build a program! There was no talent... no depth of talent.

This may be the first time since I started following this team that one could say there is actually depth in the program.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, has anyone heard anything about TCU this year?

If I'm not mistaken, we have a couple of fans who loved to compare Dana's performance to Gary's...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVU won a lot of this years games because the B12 is WAY down this year, not because Holgorsen is a genius, we played exactly two ranked teams, and lost both games.......I do now, and always will think that major programs need to hire a guy as HC with HC experience, a major college is no where to learn the job.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono::nono:

Am I not mistaken...Didn't he lay 70 plus points on Clemson in the Orange Bowl 5 years ago...and a 10 win season?:scratch::scratch:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU won a lot of this years games because the B12 is WAY down this year, not because Holgorsen is a genius, we played exactly two ranked teams, and lost both games.......I do now, and always will think that major programs need to hire a guy as HC with HC experience, a major college is no where to learn the job.

Hmm...

Not sure they feel that way at Oregon...or Georgia...Or Miss State...Or Louisville...Or Stanford....and the list goes on............

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono::nono:

Am I not mistaken...Didn't he lay 70 plus points on Clemson in the Orange Bowl 5 years ago...and a 10 win season?:scratch::scratch:

Yeah... there's that...

I love when the haters go all out like this one. How many times have I read the haters say... well WVU won because the Big 12 was down this year? Didn't beat a ranked team this year.

I guess it was better for Dana to go 4-8 when the Big 12 was way down... 4 of its teams finished 4-8 or worse... only 3 ranked teams.

But, hey... at least Dana beat a ranked Okie St team that year!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dad. 10 wins is nothing. We need to run Holgorsen out of town. Grab your pitchforks and torches!