• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Mock

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) OG F. Lamp

Instant good starter at LG next to Tunsil

2) DE D.Walker or DE J. Willis

Defensive Ends are valuable. Get one that dropped. Walker can slide to the inside on 3rd & Long

3) CB A. Whitherspoon

A talented coverman who isn't good in the run game. A future nickleback or dimeback to play a lot after Maxwell leaves after next season. Should be better than McCain in coverage.

5) OT D. Skipper

6'10"-ish Right Tackle who did nice things at Arkansas in the run game and adequate in pass protection. Could take over for J. James in 2018.

5) PK Z. Gonzalez

Power leg. Best Kicker. Should be an instant upgrade over Franks.

5) LB D. Riley

Another speedy WLB from LSU like Deion Jones who had a nice first year in ATL.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the current mock going on SportsHoopla. I traded back and received 27, 104 and 218 still got Watt LB/DE. He's a good fit because he can play LB and rush on 3rd down from DE. The extra pick will allow the Fins to build more better depth at DT or S or even CB. See link it's been a crazy draft...I think the Fins have to go OG in 2nd round to stabilize that oline. Although there are some nice players left at other positions of need this is probably the biggest.

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : FULL DRAFT

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the current mock going on SportsHoopla. I traded back and received 27, 104 and 218 still got Watt LB/DE. He's a good fit because he can play LB and rush on 3rd down from DE. The extra pick will allow the Fins to build more better depth at DT or S or even CB. See link it's been a crazy draft...I think the Fins have to go OG in 2nd round to stabilize that oline. Although there are some nice players left at other positions of need this is probably the biggest.

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : FULL DRAFT

Losing out on Lamp is not worth the tradeback, IMO. I think there's a big disparity between Lamp and whomever we would take in Round Two.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing out on Lamp is not worth the tradeback, IMO. I think there's a big disparity between Lamp and whomever we would take in Round Two.
It's a tough call as LB/DE is also a huge need and is more of a money position. Add in the extra 3rd round pick which can be used to shore up either DT or S and I probably trade back. The Fins can benefit greatly by adding better depth and plugging some of the holes although they've done a great job in FA so far. Either way it's tough I'm not sure what they'll do in real life if they have options of LB, DE, OG fall to them....I just felt that they couldn't lose by trading back and there were all kinds of quality options there at 27. I wouldn't be upset either way though.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami selects Dan Feeney OG Indiana 2nd best OG in draft. Still sitting with two 3rd rd picks. Could have not traded back went Lamp OG and picked Jordan Willis, DE/OLB, Kansas State as an example but wouldn't have that extra 3rd and 5th picks and Watt is better than Willis. That's the trade off I guess....I'm pretty happy how this played out.

The other consideration is that LB/DE is more expensive so having that 5th year option is better than having it on a OG.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A scenario that could happen at 22 both OG Lamp and LB Zach Cunningham could be available. If that happens the Fins could bring stability and depth to the Oline. During the winning streak last year the Oline were healthy and played together. When injuries happened it got a lot harder to score points. That's what appeals to me about the Lamp pick.

On the other hand I love the way that Cunningham sheds blocks and stuffs the run. If the DE's contained runners from getting the edge then the Fins would have a drastically improved run defense.

If both of those guys are there who would you pick? If the Fins were able to land an OG like Dion Dawkins with the next pick I think I'd pick Cunningham. Who would you guys choose if Lamp & Cunningham were available at 22?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both of those guys are there who would you pick? If the Fins were able to land an OG like Dion Dawkins with the next pick I think I'd pick Cunningham. Who would you guys choose if Lamp & Cunningham were available at 22?

Lamp.

A gaping hole on the offensive line would hinder the whole offense, whereas Cunningham's true impact would be harder to assess. Lamp would be on the field every offensive snap, whereas I don't know how often Cunnnigham would be out there, maybe 70% of defensive snaps? I think the disparity beween Lamp and the other OG's is notbale enough take select him @ 22.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that you could go wrong with either player but the fact remains that the D needs serious help. If you look at the mock draft link you could have had multiple options. This is why I traded back as it would allow the Fins to fill more needs plus add depth. I still came away with a very good LB and second best OG. Both can start day one. I'm guessing that I'll be able to add a decent DE and DT as well with the late third round picks. That's huge....

As per picking Watt he's moved up the charts and Cunningham down. Maybe pedigree or versatility? He can play LB and rush on third down if needed.

If they can't make a trade I go BPA for LB or OG and hope to get the other in round two. DE would also have to be considered if Taco slides. Then go D all the way with the rest of the picks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Fins mock draft I think it went pretty well. Trading back missed Lamp but still got a pretty good OLB/DE in Watt and was able to draft a good DT with one of the extra picks in the 3rd. 2nd best OG fell in the 2nd rd so that was lucky. I traded up in the 3rd to pick a good DE that was left. Found some depth at OT/G, FS and LB later on. Smithson could take over NB or added depth at S. Had Brown LB ranked in the 80's from Walter's football pretty surprised he was there could be the next Zack Thomas! I guess we'll see how this works out.

MIAMI DOLPHINS - FLYERFINFAN

1.27 : T.J. Watt - OLB/DE - Wisconsin
2.54 : Dan Feeney - OG - Indiana
3.83 : Trey Hendrickson - DE - Florida Atlantic
3.104 : Carlos Watkins - DT - Clemson
5.178 : Eric Magnuson - OT - Michigan
6.184 : Fish Smithson - FS - Kansas
6.218 : Blair Brown - LB - Ohio

TRADES: 22 to Kansas City for 27,104,218
97,166 & 223 to N.Y. Jets for 83

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIAMI DOLPHINS - FLYERFINFAN

1.27 : T.J. Watt - OLB/DE - Wisconsin
2.54 : Dan Feeney - OG - Indiana
3.83 : Trey Hendrickson - DE - Florida Atlantic
3.104 : Carlos Watkins - DT - Clemson
5.178 : Eric Magnuson - OT - Michigan
6.184 : Fish Smithson - FS - Kansas
6.218 : Blair Brown - LB - Ohio

I'd be OK with this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK with this.
Glad to hear as this fixes the front 7 on D, helps the oline and most importantly adds youth and depth to the D. I would have loved to add a RB, TE and another CB but impossible to do everything in one draft. It was fun you can go to the link above to see the whole draft although I think some QB's will go a lot earlier these guys were more patient than in real life with fans yelling at the GM's...haha!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami selects Dan Feeney OG Indiana 2nd best OG in draft. Still sitting with two 3rd rd picks. Could have not traded back went Lamp OG and picked Jordan Willis, DE/OLB, Kansas State as an example but wouldn't have that extra 3rd and 5th picks and Watt is better than Willis. That's the trade off I guess....I'm pretty happy how this played out.

Dan Feeney moves well for an OG. He could be a solid pick for the Fins in the second round if he is available.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love Feeney in the second round especially if they don't have to trade up. I think that would be good enough to help the oline first round would be overkill as the D needs way more help.