• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins looking to trade for top-shelf CB?

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After cleaning house on Thursday morning, the Dolphins are plotting their next move. The Dolphins see their secondary as a unit in need of help and they’re thinking about swinging a trade for a big-name cornerback, Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald (on Twitter) hears.

Around this time last year, the Dolphins acquired cornerback Byron Maxwell (and Kiko Alonso) via trade from the Eagles. Maxwell, Tony Lippett, Bobby McCain, and Xavien Howard are still in the fold, but Miami still craves a CB upgrade. Maxwell graded out as Pro Football Focus’ No. 11 cornerback in the NFL last year, but no other Dolphins corner placed in the top 65. It’s not immediately clear who the Dolphins might be targeting or how much they’re willing to give up via trade.

NFL Rumors - ProFootballRumors.com

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think Lippett and Howard will only get better.

Maxwell will be cut after the 2017 season for cap reasons. (10M per year? No thanks)

The trade target is maybe early on in his 2nd contract/1st extension, if it is a "big name" player. And probably a little overpaid if that team is willing to trade him.

What's a "big-name" player? I wonder if that holds any water. A Top 10 Guy, or Top 25 guy?

If I had to guess, I'd pick Joe Haden. He's owed 10M+ per year through 2020, coming off an injury, and CLE might be looking to shed his salary.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think Lippett and Howard will only get better.

Maxwell will be cut after the 2017 season for cap reasons. (10M per year? No thanks)

The trade target is maybe early on in his 2nd contract/1st extension, if it is a "big name" player. And probably a little overpaid if that team is willing to trade him.

What's a "big-name" player? I wonder if that holds any water. A Top 10 Guy, or Top 25 guy?

If I had to guess, I'd pick Joe Haden. He's owed 10M+ per year through 2020, coming off an injury, and CLE might be looking to shed his salary.
I would think it would be FS more than CB but I guess we'll see. I'm sure they'll also sign a G possibly another LB TE and fill the rest in the draft.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Rodgers-Cromartie may be the target. I also heard Albert for Julius Thomas, so Gase gets his TE back. I'd be happy with either.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Rodgers-Cromartie may be the target. I also heard Albert for Julius Thomas, so Gase gets his TE back. I'd be happy with either.
Albert for Thomas would be a win/win trade get rid of another need.

Not sure why CB as the young guys should improve unless they want to convert Maxwell to FS?