• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Niemi deserve Conn Symthe consideration?

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks win the Cup this year. He has played great in these playoffs and hasnt allowed more than 2 goals in a game since game 5 against vancouver.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks win the Cup this year. He has played great in these playoffs and hasnt allowed more than 2 goals in a game since game 5 against vancouver.

Well I don't know, So far Leighton has way better numbers and three and a half shut outs so far, and considering he hasn't played all that much would probably eliminate him, unless he wins the cup. Halak would be a lock if the Habs came back and beat Philly because it would be all him. I guess you will have your answer soon but right now all three story lines have been great!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think Toews is the race leader, as of now.

+1.

I can't think of a single game where Niemi was the difference (in a positive way, that is).
He's been mostly good. And that's all that has been needed.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1.

I can't think of a single game where Niemi was the difference (in a positive way, that is).
He's been mostly good. And that's all that has been needed.

You don't think he was the difference in game 1 of the WCF when he made 44 saves, and some of the spectacular variety

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niemi deserves consideration but he's not the biggest reason the Hawks are going to the finals.

Toews is their MVP though. He's had points in 12 straight games now and he leads the playoffs in points by far. If the playoffs ended right now there is no doubt who would win the Conn Smythe.

I truly believe Toews is the best captain in the league though. Yes, even better then Crosby. The guy just epitimizes what a captain is all about and he's won everywhere he's went. I actually thought he was Canada's best player at the Olympics and he always steps up in a big way when the chips are down.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
You don't think he was the difference in game 1 of the WCF when he made 44 saves, and some of the spectacular variety

just because I couldn't think of one, doesn't mean one didn't exist :D
however, in 16 games, he has faced more than 35 shots only twice.
not really been overrun on a regular basis.

fwiw, I'd put Duncan Kieth (28 minutes a game) higher on the pecking order than Niemi, too.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is in contention but I would give the nod to Toews as others have said.
A lot can change in a series though.