• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Anyone Still Miss ESPN NFL General?

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say that I do not miss it.

The conversations here are not as active, but the quality is better.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL Your thread about the "myth of Manning" not withstanding, of course?

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I do. The activity hasn't been good on this board. Though there has been some solid conversations.

PSR has too much drama. A few days ago I got blasted on the board for saying that this girl poster was probably ugly and found out that a poster there was dating her. lol I'm not into all that stuff on a message board, I just want to talk about sports for the most part.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I do. The activity hasn't been good on this board. Though there has been some solid conversations.

PSR has too much drama. A few days ago I got blasted on the board for saying that this girl poster was probably ugly and found out that a poster there was dating her. lol I'm not into all that stuff on a message board, I just want to talk about sports for the most part.

That's kind of a confusing story. Aren't you the one who posted that the girl is probably ugly?

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all, this place has less trolls.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sports what is that...... I though ESPN NFL General was for arguing religion or politics.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of a confusing story. Aren't you the one who posted that the girl is probably ugly?

It was a thread made by Osi over there. He was asking a poster to rate herself. And I made a comment that it was a dumb thread because most likely shes ugly so its not even worth discussing. After that it went downhill. I had her flock of followers coming at me at all different directions.

There were no good discussions going on and I was bored.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to pick up as the season gets close. We have a lot of NFL posters around, who post on other forums right now.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all new. Understand that the board will most certainly pick up once the season starts. And at that point, we might even get new posters looking to post during the season, if that is the case then lets hope they decide to stick around during the off-season as well to post. It's a growing process. Lots of new members here already and im sure there will be more new ones once the season hits as they look for their annual posting grounds.

Also like GoldenSpur mentioned, already lots of NFL poster members here, just posting elsewhere right now.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like the live Chat but do not miss ESPN at all.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far less trolling on this board.. And a lot better quality of commentary IMO! I do not miss all of the pessimistic and try-hard fans on the ESPN boards.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no!
This place is much better because it respects the opinion of others.
I was never banned at ESPN but always had a good grip of what is good conversation, which includes harping about others criticizing your favorite team.
Kudos to sportshoopla, they have a good thing going.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only plus on the ESPN boards was there was a lot of traffic, but with a corresponding number of idiot trolls. This board also creates other boards for all the other off topic stuff rather than make you sift through it, and you can type benign words like retard.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only plus on the ESPN boards was there was a lot of traffic, but with a corresponding number of idiot trolls. This board also creates other boards for all the other off topic stuff rather than make you sift through it, and you can type benign words like retard.

ESPN had more traffic but it was like rush-hour traffic. The proportion of true NFL fans was insignificant, and it it became worse as the days went by. This place is 100 times better, it actually cools you off because there are so many boards to post in. ESPN abandoned the "sports fan" model years ago. In the end they were a bunch of dummies trolling the seas of the NFL.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN had more traffic but it was like rush-hour traffic. The proportion of true NFL fans was insignificant, and it it became worse as the days went by. This place is 100 times better, it actually cools you off because there are so many boards to post in. ESPN abandoned the "sports fan" model years ago. In the end they were a bunch of dummies trolling the seas of the NFL.

That's a great way of describing it.

BearerOfGoodNews

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say that I do not miss it.

Ironic considering you've done nothing but cling to and post the same worn out and cliche arguments from ESPN.

Hell, even this thread of yours is a desperate small spark hoping to ignite the vestige of ESPN.

Give it up Ron. You would wilt if not for dredge that flowed out of ESPN... which explains why you're constantly emulating and reminding everyone of it.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic considering you've done nothing but cling to and post the same worn out and cliche arguments from ESPN.

Hell, even this thread of yours is a desperate small spark hoping to ignite the vestige of ESPN.

Give it up Ron. You would wilt if not for dredge that flowed out of ESPN... which explains why you're constantly emulating and reminding everyone of it.

You need an emergency enema!

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I miss is the easy of following the flow of posts. It was very easy to see what was posted. Other than that, there is really no comparison.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I miss it. Nothing like throwing up an opinion and coming back an hour later and having multiple responses to it. And unlike a lot of posters I chose to ignore a lot of trolling and if I decided to respond to a troll I'd mess with them wasting their time with often nonsensical arguments that they seemed to enjoy wasting their time on. I probably never even opened up 1/3 of the threads over there.