• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Anybody Know of a School...

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That holds a Spring Practice after their Spring Game?

That always seemed like a good idea, to get them back on the field
for one final practice by highlighting their mistakes from the spring game
and telling them what they need to accomplish over the summer.

I just don't know of anybody that does it.

FSU did it once but it was because of weather around 10/12 years ago.
It wasn't planned like that.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that they meet and watch film of the spring game

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that the spring game is seen by most as a fun thing where not much is really accomplished. They're usually toned down, don't have the full playbook and don't usually reveal much. So it makes sense to hold that at the end.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...as opposed to regular UoM games that similarly accomplish very little but are much less fun.
giphy.gif

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina had two practices scheduled after their spring game this year but I don't know if they held them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina had two practices scheduled after their spring game this year but I don't know if they held them.
Wait, South Carolina practices?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak. Them bitches have never scored against us.

You haven't played.

And I wouldn't be too braggadocios.....you have a Coot as your head coach. Eventually the Chicken Curse will catch up to you.

Better Know Your USC History: The Chicken Curse

Here's your South Carolina history lesson. The "Chicken Curse" started in the late 1800's when former South Carolina governor and U.S. Senator "Pitchfork" Ben Tillman, along with Thomas Green Clemson (heard that name?) tried to convince the state of South Carolina on the need for an agricultural school to help the poorer farmers of the Upstate. USC's donors at the time were the richer large landowners in the Lower part of South Carolina and were not fond of another educational institution in the state. After all the drawn out frustrations of the State Legislature trying to prevent a new school, Tillman threw a pitchfork into the ground on USC's campus and claimed the University was cursed and doomed. Need proof?

USC football has a bowl record of 7-12, the first win coming in 1995. There is a joke that goes: why do Carolina football players eat their breakfast cereal on a plate? Because they've lost all their bowls.

Carolina's only football conference championship came in 1969, then was rescinded due to ineligible players. There was always the joke of how do you beat the traffic at Williams-Brice stadium? Wait until the end of the game.

The University of South Carolina's home game this season with Texas A&M was the first football game on the new SEC Network and was a 10.5 point favorite. TAMU won 52-28 in Steve Spurrier's worst point spread loss at home. Another one of those home upsets, the 2007 17-6 loss to Vanderbilt. Can you not picture the graceful running and passing of MacKenzi Adams from back then?

In June of 1978, the Boston Red Sox were leading the New York Yankees by 14 ½ games when the Red Sox called up a USC grad to their roster. The Sox lost the division in a playoff.

Gary Hart was on the way to possibly winning the 1988 Democratic Presidential nomination but was caught in an affair with a former USC cheerleader, Donna Rice.

In 1995, former USC great Bobby Cremins decided to leave his power program at Georgia Tech to become USC basketball coach, where he was a basketball star in the late 60's. He changed his mind the very next day. Who did USC hire? Eddie Fogler, who won more than 20 games there in 1997 and 1998 and got the team into the NCAA Tournament. They lost in the first round both years, with the 1997 #2 seed losing to a #15 seed (Coppin State) and the 1998 #3 seed losing to the #14 seed (Richmond).

In 1984, the Carolina football team was 9-0, ranked #2 in the polls and on its way to a possible National Championship. The university had already been contacted by the Orange Bowl about a game with Oklahoma. They then lost to Navy 38-21 and Navy star running back, Napoleon McCallum, didn't even play in the game.

Former USC quarterback Steve Tanneyhill. Just for the mullet.

The 1972 U.S. Men's Olympic Basketball Team had a Carolina player on its roster.

Know why the Titans didn't win the Super Bowl? No, not because Kevin Dyson was tackled one yard short of a TD. Defensive line coach, Jim Washburn, used to be a USC coach. I also hate to break it to you for this season, but new kicker Ryan Succop went to Carolina.

Elvis died 6 months after playing a concert at Carolina Coliseum.

When a Carolina fan is getting a tad obnoxious around me, I'll just bring it up to see the bluster, the denials, that they won two National Championships in baseball and that the curse is dead. But if a favorite team of yours unexpectedly loses big one time, check the roster. I'll bet there was a University of South Carolina connection.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that they meet and watch film of the spring game

I don't think they can unless they have saved a day. That will be regarded as a football day/time and that is
strictly regulated.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's interesting. I've always thought you could accomplish something positive after the spring game.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't played.

And I wouldn't be too braggadocios.....you have a Coot as your head coach. Eventually the Chicken Curse will catch up to you.

Better Know Your USC History: The Chicken Curse

Here's your South Carolina history lesson. The "Chicken Curse" started in the late 1800's when former South Carolina governor and U.S. Senator "Pitchfork" Ben Tillman, along with Thomas Green Clemson (heard that name?) tried to convince the state of South Carolina on the need for an agricultural school to help the poorer farmers of the Upstate. USC's donors at the time were the richer large landowners in the Lower part of South Carolina and were not fond of another educational institution in the state. After all the drawn out frustrations of the State Legislature trying to prevent a new school, Tillman threw a pitchfork into the ground on USC's campus and claimed the University was cursed and doomed. Need proof?

USC football has a bowl record of 7-12, the first win coming in 1995. There is a joke that goes: why do Carolina football players eat their breakfast cereal on a plate? Because they've lost all their bowls.

Carolina's only football conference championship came in 1969, then was rescinded due to ineligible players. There was always the joke of how do you beat the traffic at Williams-Brice stadium? Wait until the end of the game.

The University of South Carolina's home game this season with Texas A&M was the first football game on the new SEC Network and was a 10.5 point favorite. TAMU won 52-28 in Steve Spurrier's worst point spread loss at home. Another one of those home upsets, the 2007 17-6 loss to Vanderbilt. Can you not picture the graceful running and passing of MacKenzi Adams from back then?

In June of 1978, the Boston Red Sox were leading the New York Yankees by 14 ½ games when the Red Sox called up a USC grad to their roster. The Sox lost the division in a playoff.

Gary Hart was on the way to possibly winning the 1988 Democratic Presidential nomination but was caught in an affair with a former USC cheerleader, Donna Rice.

In 1995, former USC great Bobby Cremins decided to leave his power program at Georgia Tech to become USC basketball coach, where he was a basketball star in the late 60's. He changed his mind the very next day. Who did USC hire? Eddie Fogler, who won more than 20 games there in 1997 and 1998 and got the team into the NCAA Tournament. They lost in the first round both years, with the 1997 #2 seed losing to a #15 seed (Coppin State) and the 1998 #3 seed losing to the #14 seed (Richmond).

In 1984, the Carolina football team was 9-0, ranked #2 in the polls and on its way to a possible National Championship. The university had already been contacted by the Orange Bowl about a game with Oklahoma. They then lost to Navy 38-21 and Navy star running back, Napoleon McCallum, didn't even play in the game.

Former USC quarterback Steve Tanneyhill. Just for the mullet.

The 1972 U.S. Men's Olympic Basketball Team had a Carolina player on its roster.

Know why the Titans didn't win the Super Bowl? No, not because Kevin Dyson was tackled one yard short of a TD. Defensive line coach, Jim Washburn, used to be a USC coach. I also hate to break it to you for this season, but new kicker Ryan Succop went to Carolina.

Elvis died 6 months after playing a concert at Carolina Coliseum.

When a Carolina fan is getting a tad obnoxious around me, I'll just bring it up to see the bluster, the denials, that they won two National Championships in baseball and that the curse is dead. But if a favorite team of yours unexpectedly loses big one time, check the roster. I'll bet there was a University of South Carolina connection.
Chicken Curse? THA PHUQ??
U13MyiF.gif

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We did it this year. We haven’t before that I can remember though. For us I think it was a timing deal...getting in our practices between spring break and the spring game wasn’t possible.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they can unless they have saved a day. That will be regarded as a football day/time and that is
strictly regulated.
i dont think it is. if they players want to watch film im pretty sure they can at any time. might be regulated as far as coach time tho.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did it this year. We haven’t before that I can remember though. For us I think it was a timing deal...getting in our practices between spring break and the spring game wasn’t possible.
Also gave the coaches an opportunity to lay out expectations for off season workouts and drills en sech.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did this year, don't remember doing it under Bielema.

Of course Morris also doesn't just let players have a break in practice whenever they want one like he did.