• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does a 12 - 1 Washington Huskies team make the CFP?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer is yes.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer is yes.
correct-answer-bold2-hi.png

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win out and demolish the other team we play in the PAC champ game like we did to Colorado last year. Then we have a legit chance at it.
Anything less and we're out.

While i know its about next man up, etc...we just lost our starting LT and CB to season ending injuries. I think those injuries cost us a game down the road.
Fiesta or Alamo bowl is what I'm feeling right now.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would likely get in over a 9 loss Nebraska.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of season left to play ... If I were a betting man ... the above looks pretty solid, but I'd favor OU over UDub. osu, PSU, MSU and U of M will take care of itself unless Wisconsin throws a wrench in to the whole thing.
An undefeated Wisconsin would really throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. They would have played one ranked team the entire year and be on as thin of ice as any undefeated P5 in the modern conference championship era. I could see several one loss teams getting looks over them because of it. It would create the same shit storm as last years PSU v Ohio State debate.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An undefeated Wisconsin would really throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. They would have played one ranked team the entire year and be on as thin of ice as any undefeated P5 in the modern conference championship era. I could see several one loss teams getting looks over them because of it. It would create the same shit storm as last years PSU v Ohio State debate.

Any undefeated P5 team should go ... that's why there should be 8 spots (P5 Champions and 3 at large)

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to see an undefeated Wisconsin get passed over for the CFP. Then win their bowl game. Be 13-0 while everyone else takes a loss.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if chaos reigns in the other conferences will Washington get in at 12-1 IMHO. And I don't see enough parity in several of the conferences for that to happen.

I can see the Big 12 cannibalizing itself. Teams like West Virgina, Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa State and K-State aren't world beaters but all are just good enough to really screw shit up for OU, Okie Lite and TCU. Plus OU still has to play the other two.

And the ACC just might cannibalize itself as well if Clemson stumbles again and more injuries of some "incident" with the law or something happens. Don't see Miami running the table but they do seem like a team of destiny. (Wouldn't it be neat if Miami and Georgia met in the first round of the CFP?)

While this is college football and crazy shit happens like last weekend, I see chalk happening in the B1G and SEC. tOSU and Bama run the table. Sorry, I ain't buying Penn State or Wisk yet. We'll see.

And I don't see Georgia beating Bama at playing Bama ball. But shit, I've been wrong all year on several teams so WTF do I know!

Notre Dame can really throw a monkey wrench into things by finishing 11-1.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see an undefeated Wisconsin get passed over for the CFP. Then win their bowl game. Be 13-0 while everyone else takes a loss.
I think there are a lot of teams that would be better off doing just the same. IMHO the only one of the six semifinal games that has been very close in the first three years was tOSU-Bama in '14. A couple more may have had realtively close scores but that wasn't indicative of the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any undefeated P5 team should go ... that's why there should be 8 spots (P5 Champions and 3 at large)
All of this talk over the last season and a half over the impact of what letting in Washington does to the sport would be amplified though. Get lucky enough to not face the teeth of your conference in your normal schedule, put nothing at all on your OOC, breeze to victory, get lucky in your CCG and go to the playoffs. That message to the rest of the sport is still there with wisky, and in spades this year.

Michigan is looking at tough games against PSU and OSU. Lose either (more or less both) and then lose to wisky and they aren't ranked. That's a bad spot to put the committee in against say Oklahoma with a bad loss, but meat on their schedule. It just is. Maybe putting wisky in is the right answer, but it won't come without SERIOUS bitching and debate.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa St. vs Arizona St. on a neutral field to help settle this.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this talk over the last season and a half over the impact of what letting in Washington does to the sport would be amplified though. Get lucky enough to not face the teeth of your conference in your normal schedule, put nothing at all on your OOC, breeze to victory, get lucky in your CCG and go to the playoffs. That message to the rest of the sport is still there with wisky, and in spades this year.

Michigan is looking at tough games against PSU and OSU. Lose either (more or less both) and then lose to wisky and they aren't ranked. That's a bad spot to put the committee in against say Oklahoma with a bad loss, but meat on their schedule. It just is. Maybe putting wisky in is the right answer, but it won't come without SERIOUS bitching and debate.

8-4 could give a low 20s ranking ... if they play good against osu, PSU and Wisconsin.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has to get past TCU.

And if they don't TCU is going to end up in the Big 12 CG with 0/1 losses. Win that and they'll get the nod over a 12-1 UW team IMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa St. vs Arizona St. on a neutral field to help settle this.
Or Syracuse vs Az State? Or Syracuse vs Iowa State?

The rest of the season may tell us which of those was "the better loss"...if there is such a thing!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-4 could give a low 20s ranking ... if they play good against osu, PSU and Wisconsin.
So they could be technically ranked despite losing to every major opponent on their schedule. Should that give any real credibility as the only regular season 'challenge' for a playoff contender? That's the question here. And what message does that send to every AD in the P5's? As long as you don't trip up and lose by all means schedule absolute dog shit in OOC and see if you can squeeze in past teams that actually had to go prove they belong.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Syracuse vs Az State? Or Syracuse vs Iowa State?

The rest of the season may tell us which of those was "the better loss"...if there is such a thing!
So what you're saying is.......a 3 way battle royale!!!!!