• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers about to cash in BIGtime !

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you have it, the unlimited credit card.

So now we get to see a real time experiment. Can someone just buy a championship or three? Florida did it twice. Yankees get accused of it all the time but really only did it (recently) in 2009, they had a lot of homegrown players 1996-2000. Although it takes money to sign and develop your own too.

Bottom line, shit just really got real now.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke will be signed and clothed in Dodger blue in 3.....2.....1.....

:heh:

Duck the Fodgers!!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Googled what the Giants' tv deal was and I found an article from sfgate saying that they have a 25-year deal with CSN that pays them 33% of CSN's revenue per year and that it is really more like a partnership. Apparently, we can't really know how much money they get per year because the information is proprietary, but my guess is that it is a fraction of what the Dodgers will get under their new deal. I also worry that the Giants are stuck to too long of a deal. Sucks. Baseball's like life; it isn't fair. Oh well, at least we are not the Padres.

How the SF Giants’ TV deal works | San Francisco Giants: The Splash | an SFGate.com blog

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Googled what the Giants' tv deal was and I found an article from sfgate saying that they have a 25-year deal with CSN that pays them 33% of CSN's revenue per year and that it is really more like a partnership. Apparently, we can't really know how much money they get per year because the information is proprietary, but my guess is that it is a fraction of what the Dodgers will get under their new deal. I also worry that the Giants are stuck to too long of a deal. Sucks. Baseball's like life; it isn't fair. Oh well, at least we are not the Padres.

How the SF Giants’ TV deal works | San Francisco Giants: The Splash | an SFGate.com blog

The Padre's TV deal is a joke. They used to have their own network, but was only able to reach about 55% of the county. They signed with Fox starting in the 2012 season, but Fox ended up having a pissing contest with local cable carriers, so they were only able to be seen by about 45% of the county.

SD is totally awesome, but it is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT a sports city.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padre's TV deal is a joke. They used to have their own network, but was only able to reach about 55% of the county. They signed with Fox starting in the 2012 season, but Fox ended up having a pissing contest with local cable carriers, so they were only able to be seen by about 45% of the county.

SD is totally awesome, but it is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT a sports city.

Just too many other things to do in San Diego. I love visiting there.