• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doak Walker watch list

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all of our RB's and not one made the 53 man Doak Walker list, meanwhile, Iowa State and the rest of the Big Ten seem to be represented
WATCH LIST: Doak Walker list includes 53 running backs - CBSSports.com

That's called no respect for our program, our RB's and our O line which is supposed to be one of the top 5 in the nation and apparently the #1 pick next year.

SMH

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this have any real meaning? If you're not on the watch list, you could still win the award, right? Didn't Greene win this? I'll bet anything he wasn't on anyone's watch list before that season.....that is, except those of us who saw glimpses of his greatness the year before.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows, there seems to be a watch list for everything these days...watch list to see who will be the first OL to scratch his butt in a game is the one I am waiting for

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer not to be on anyone's watch list. especially TSA's

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB position at Iowa has been very inconsistent during the KF era. Some years have been very good, others not so much.

What worries me the most is this, KF has had many strong O-Lines in his tenure, but the running game hasn't been impacted by that. Not many 1000 yard rushers of late. It isn't a position of blazing speed and physical power.

Last year, I thought Iowa's O-Line was very strong...but in the games lost rushed for:

NIL - 202 yards
MSU - 23 yards
OSU - 130 yards
WIS - 110 yards
LSU - 76 yards

It is clear, against the better competition on the schedule the RB position clearly needs massive upgrades in speed. Iowa must have a RB that has the threat to break off a long TD run behind the dominant LT's that have been on the roster of late (or behind the other strong O-Linemen).

I'm not surprised Iowa isn't represented. I'd rather suit-up and see what happens.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond that, it will likely be a RB by committee this year anyway so it's highly unlikely anyone would even sniff 1,000 yards unless there are serious injuries and someone is forced to handle a heavy load.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would we have to put on there, Weisman? Love the kid but he's just a good back that will be a banker someday. Canzeri? He will be a good back and slot receiver but will work with Weisman at the bank. Our O line will be ridiculous and those two will have good numbers this year but you put an Abdullah on our team he rushes for 1500+ easy...no way Weisman could ever do that

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB Awards

Heisman (MVP) - Nobody on Iowa should even be close to being mentioned at this point.
Walter Camp (Most Outstanding Player) - Unless offensive tackles have a shot, nope.
Maxwell (Player of the Year) - same as Walter Camp's
Bednarik (Defensive Player of the Year) - Carl Davis is the only one
Mackey (Tight End of the Year) - I wouldn't put him on a preseason watch list
Rimington (Center of the Year) - Austin Blythe definitely
Lou Groza (Kicker of the Year) - nope
Ray Guy (Punter of the Year) - nope
Bronko Nagurski (Defensive Player) - Carl Davis
Outland (Interior Lineman) - Brandon Scherff and Austin Blythe definitely, I think Carl Davis maybe (which he is on it).
Jim Thorpe (Defensive Back) - nope
Butkus (Linebacker) - nope
Lombardi (Lineman/Linebacker) - Austin Blythe, Carl Davis, Brandon Scherff
Biletnikoff (Wide Receiver) - nope
Davey O'Brien (Quarterback) - Not in preseason
Doak Walker (Running Back) - nope

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I am not saying we should have anyone on here, but look at the list...Indiana and Iowa State both have guys on the Walker watch list, 53 players, basically most of the power conferences have a guy on it. Seems crazy that Weisman couldn't even make the "watch" list when ImaJokeU pretty much has a guy on it.