• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you think the best B1G team made it into the playoff?

Do you think the best B1G team made it into the playoff?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this earlier. Not sure where you are going with this . . .

The BCS would've given us the same Playoff (again)

The only difference would have been OSU 2, Clemson 3.

I just don't see what's all the excitement over an 8 team playoffs all about. If the semis are not producing good games, what make you guys think an 8 team playoff would be any better? And I don't see the point of expanding the playoff just to add teams that's maybe better than the #3 or #4 seed. Lets be for real, none of those teams are on Bama's level, Clemson is just everybody last hope.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's wrong not to count the entire season, why even play September games if they aren't going to count? Penn State had 2 loses, the others did not.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, again, it should be pointed out that PSU lost the game last night and gave up 50+ points doing so. People were impressed by the offenses, but that was one hell of a defensive melt-down last night. Michigan was able to do to PSU what we did because they have a terrible defense and Michigan's defense was able to shut down their offense. If you played PSU vs. OSU 10 times, I think OSU wins the majority of those games.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan gets in because they crushed Penn State?

Any argument for Penn State having a better resume ultimately comes down to "Penn State's fuckup was out of conference and Michigan's wasn't." That's an insanely stupid way to decide who has the better resume, especially when you are using it to have a 2 loss team jump a 1 loss team.

Michigan was not ready for the CFB playoff this year. Period.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it mattered. Michigan, PSU, or Wisconsin wouldn't have done any better vs Clemson. Season's best conference was horrible in bowl games. Got to give ACC a lot of credit.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think that OSU "did not earn their way into the title the game?" They had the same conference record as Penn State (8-1). They played a tougher schedule. Their loss was by 3 instead of by 39.

The reason they did not make the B1G Title was because Pitt is not a B1G team but Iowa is. That's it. That has nothing to do with "earning" anything. It's just a tiebreaker.

And again, you talk about how OSU had one less game like it makes sense. OSU had one less loss! Let's say theoretically they play us in 13th game and lose. Now they have the same record against Penn State with a better SOS. Your whole point seems to be that somehow losing at Pitt but beating Wisconsin in Indy is better than not playing Pitt and beating Wisconsin at Camp Randall because PSU "played more games." Playing more games with the same amount of wins is proof you have a worse resume, not a better one.

Ohio State did not win their division and did not win the B1G.

RTRdian

Broken Filter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can not base it solely on conference championships because there are 5 powers, an expansion isn't going to happen anytime soon. CC are only part of the criteria, if not there would of been more than four spots to start with. A two loss shouldn't be in over any one loss IMO

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like OSU being picked. Hindsight has shown that maybe they weren't exactly the best team from the B1G. Then again, maybe they still were, it's hard to know for sure unless everybody switches partners and plays another round of games.

We can do all these hypotheticals about how Penn State would have fared against Clemson, or how Ohio State could have played against Southern Cal in the Rose Bowl, but neither of those things happened.

Bottom line: The Committee gambled on Ohio State and lost. We'll see what they do next year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like OSU being picked. Hindsight has shown that maybe they weren't exactly the best team from the B1G. Then again, maybe they still were, it's hard to know for sure unless everybody switches partners and plays another round of games.

We can do all these hypotheticals about how Penn State would have fared against Clemson, or how Ohio State could have played against Southern Cal in the Rose Bowl, but neither of those things happened.

Bottom line: The Committee gambled on Ohio State and lost. We'll see what they do next year.

That's just it, just because Clemson was the better team does not mean the committee gambled and lost on OSU. The same thing could have very well happened had it been Penn State in that game.

RTRdian

Broken Filter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although they would of been beat down severely, Western Michigan should of got in over the other 5 choices. Least they know how to do what matters, wait for it, win.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it, just because Clemson was the better team does not mean the committee gambled and lost on OSU. The same thing could have very well happened had it been Penn State in that game.

Clearly they were anticipating that Clemson-OSU would be close and entertaining; if they didn't believe that, they would have actually chosen PSU. That's what I mean by "gambled and lost."

You may be right, that PSU also would have been dominated by the Tigers, and again all we have are hypothetical outcomes.

Clemson was on a mission that night. We'll see if they show up the same way next Monday and maybe we'll get a great final

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio state was the right team to get into the playoffs (as were all the teams). It is a game for the National Championship and all the games count. Penn State was the proper representative from the B1G East because they tied for the lead in their division and they won the head to head match up. I think the committee had an easy selection this year (1 undefeated team and 3 with one loss).

Penn State could have lost 3 OOC games (I know they were 2-1, but I am making a point) and still rightfully been in the Conference Champion Game. When teams are picked for the National Championship all the games count. It really is that simple. Everyone got it right.

If you want to make an argument that Western Michigan should have been in the playoff, I would agree that you have a better argument. I would however disagree that WMU should not have made a 4 team playoff.

If the playoff expanded to 8 teams, I would agree that the P5 Conference Champions and 3 at large teams should get in.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan was not ready for the CFB playoff this year. Period.
Meh, Michigan may have done better in a playoff than playing FSU in the Orange. FSU was playing better than many of the playoff teams at the end of the year.

Clemson didn't look like they were ready at times this year either. Long season...ebbs and flows...18-22 year olds...playoffs clarify many things and also create more questions sometimes.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly they were anticipating that Clemson-OSU would be close and entertaining; if they didn't believe that, they would have actually chosen PSU. That's what I mean by "gambled and lost."

You may be right, that PSU also would have been dominated by the Tigers, and again all we have are hypothetical outcomes.

Clemson was on a mission that night. We'll see if they show up the same way next Monday and maybe we'll get a great final

I thought we had a pretty good final game last year. I've been rooting for Clemson all year so they could get another crack at Bama. That championship game was a tough one, if you charted every play seemed like Clemson won 75% of them. But a few huge Alabama plays determined the champion.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had a pretty good final game last year. I've been rooting for Clemson all year so they could get another crack at Bama. That championship game was a tough one, if you charted every play seemed like Clemson won 75% of them. But a few huge Alabama plays determined the champion.

I know the final score was close, but to me it never seemed like Clemson really had a shot to win that game. My memory could be fuzzy though

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Michigan may have done better in a playoff than playing FSU in the Orange. FSU was playing better than many of the playoff teams at the end of the year.

Clemson didn't look like they were ready at times this year either. Long season...ebbs and flows...18-22 year olds...playoffs clarify many things and also create more questions sometimes.
Michigan doesn't have the offense yet.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's hard to know for sure unless everybody switches partners

tyrion-lannister-eyebrows-game-of-thrones.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know the final score was close, but to me it never seemed like Clemson really had a shot to win that game. My memory could be fuzzy though

I thought it was an awesome game and I tend to agree with Darrell on this, or at least I remember it as being an exciting back-and-forth dealio. I'm hoping it's another great game next week.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 8 team playoff, but there needs to be a certain criteria met by the conference champ. I.E at least 10 wins or must be ranked in playoff top 15 etc. Reason i say that is because there have been wacky years in recent past where a 6-6 team has made the conference championship game. UCLA in 2011 and Georgia Tech in 2012 were 6-6, and Wisconsin in 2012 Won the Big 10 at 7-5. Theres no way a 7-5 team has any business being in the playoff.

I'd agree with a top 15 rule, but not a 10 win rule. You could have a 9 or maybe even 8 win conference champ who, depending on the circumstances of their season, may be playoff worthy.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make too much sense. People want to demand that the committee have a crystal ball and know that OSU was going to lay a big egg in the Fiesta Bowl.

Meanwhile, there has only been one semi-final in 3 years that was a really competitive game and that was OSU-Alabama at the end of the 2014 season. And according to many of the same people, OSU didn't belong that year either.

tOSU definitely had ZERO business being in the playoff this year. The Buckeyes were an ass hair away from being a 5 loss team and were not a dominant team and needed lots of luck. Were lucky to beat an awful MSU squad, barely beat N'Western and needed OT to beat Michigan and Wisconsin. Now their team last year would have won it all and deserved to be in the playoff, this year not so much.