• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you mock?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see what everyone's feelings are towards mock draft etiquette when they are participating in mock drafts because I feel like some people need a real lesson in how to behave during one. So if you do them, how long do you stay in one? What strategies do you use? Etc.

Personally, I think if you're one of these people that drops out after 3 rounds you're an asshole. You don't have to stay for the entire thing, but at least make it until the middle rounds. You should at least stay long enough to set your "starting lineup", which means you've selected a QB or TE. Basically, stick around until at least round 7. The entire point of mocks is to see where guys might go. We all know where the elite players are going so what's the point of sticking around in those first two rounds to select elite guys and then bail? Stop being a douche.

Secondly, have an actual plan. Don't be the jerk that's just taking the players next on the ADP cue. What's the point of you being there if you're literally taking who is next on the ADP list. It's so frustrating when the majority of your draft room is just checking off the ADP list and you realize you're wasting your time.

And it goes without saying but still, don't be the asshole that reaches for low players (kickers, defenses, sleepers) in early rounds. You just ruined it for everyone. I don't mind if you're trying some strategy like "What if I took a QB really early?" or loading up all in one position early but I don't need to see Jacksonville D in round 3.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be that asshole that would drop out cuz it got kinda boring, so the only Mocks I do now are against the Fantasy Pros "Experts" cuz I don't want to be that asshole. The thing about drafting against the "Experts" is I can use different combos and get different results.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done several mocks on Yahoo. I love how they project how good/bad someone's team will be. Overall, they've given me an 82 after 50-60 mocks that I've done this season. If you don't draft Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, or Brees you're automatically weak at QB according to them.
:lol:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done several mocks on Yahoo. I love how they project how good/bad someone's team will be. Overall, they've given me an 82 after 50-60 mocks that I've done this season. If you don't draft Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, or Brees you're automatically weak at QB according to them.
:lol:

I know. I was projected the 11th best team in my league last year because of weaknesses at QB and WR. Well, I showed them.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also love the personal shots they basically take. They might as well say, "This mother fucker was obviously high on meth when he took that guy where he did. What a fucking moron." Larry Fitzgerald in the 5th round is not a bad pick.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mocks are useless. If you do them for anything other then fun, you're wasting time.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never mock. I do read published mocks, but doing them? naw, rarely if ever do you get a room full of mockers taking the shit seriously so its pointless, and autodrafters are as bad if not worse

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see what everyone's feelings are towards mock draft etiquette when they are participating in mock drafts because I feel like some people need a real lesson in how to behave during one. So if you do them, how long do you stay in one? What strategies do you use? Etc.

Personally, I think if you're one of these people that drops out after 3 rounds you're an asshole. You don't have to stay for the entire thing, but at least make it until the middle rounds. You should at least stay long enough to set your "starting lineup", which means you've selected a QB or TE. Basically, stick around until at least round 7. The entire point of mocks is to see where guys might go. We all know where the elite players are going so what's the point of sticking around in those first two rounds to select elite guys and then bail? Stop being a douche.

Secondly, have an actual plan. Don't be the jerk that's just taking the players next on the ADP cue. What's the point of you being there if you're literally taking who is next on the ADP list. It's so frustrating when the majority of your draft room is just checking off the ADP list and you realize you're wasting your time.

And it goes without saying but still, don't be the asshole that reaches for low players (kickers, defenses, sleepers) in early rounds. You just ruined it for everyone. I don't mind if you're trying some strategy like "What if I took a QB really early?" or loading up all in one position early but I don't need to see Jacksonville D in round 3.

I disagree with "have a plan part".

Because, my plan and sole purpose for participating in a mock is to see where the guys I actually want go. I often do take the player next or close to the top of the ADP list, because I want to get a feel for who others are willing to reach for.

In fact, I NEVER draft the midround or lower players who I am targeting for real in a mock.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have targets but I let the draft come to me. Most of my targets are mid to late round guys.
yeah exactly...........the draft has to come to you, you have to adapt, because all plans are gone by pick 8..........if u try to plan too much, ur gonna die

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FantasyFootballCalculator is a great mock site I use

But I think anywhere you go, you'll get the assholes that don't put it on auto after a few rounds

Or those assholes that let Leveon Bell drop to me at 10 which doesn't help you mock cause that ain't happening in real life