• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you cheer for them?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These has been a lot of talk on the boards about if the move to the Big 12 was right or not...if anything I think the Villes loss last week should prove that it was the right move to get out of the "Old Big East".

So with that being said do you root for teams such as Texas Tech, Baylor, and Oklahoma to make a run at a NC?

Personally I do, being in a conference with some really good and really historic teams I have found myself watching a lot more of the other teams games...and while being perfectly honest i never did this before...watching UConn play USF on a saturday while we were all in the same conf just was not that exciting.

So how about it do you root for other teams to be successful(after they play us of course) and watch their games?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rooted for Miami to win the NC while we were in the old BE. More of a selfish move as I wanted to see the #1 team in the land come to Morgantown and get spanked. Go Baylor..win it all so we can spank you next year.

I never rooted for Pitt for any of their 14 national championships.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never rooted for Pitt for any of their 14 national championships.

Pitt and Va Tech I openly root against in any situation....cuse is not to far behind.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC - I have to agree with your assessments. While living in Tennessee for over 5 years, I saw how the SEC fans bonded together. It was almost as if you were required to cheer for other SEC teams as long as that team was not playing your team. It wasn't uncommon to hear an Ole Miss fan or Kentucky fan state how great they are. Of course, they were riding on the coattails of Bama, LSU, UF and others. Winning 7 or 8 MNC in a row doesn't hurt the SEC's cred. This is why Boned Slurpy always stated that rKansas would rule the BE.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it AMAZING to hear OSU fans rooting for UM to win, I dont know if it is from growing up while WVU was independent, or just hating rivals, but while we were both in the BE I rooted against sPitt in every game, conference "image" be damned. Right now I really do not worry what other B12 teams do, I have not developed a feel for this league yet, and have not figured who our rivals will be, who our peers are in this league. I am still much more interested in what sPitt, 'Cuse, VPI, and UL do than what any of the B12 teams do. I have watched, listened to, or been at 40 or so Backyard Brawls, black diamonds, and Ben Schwatzwalter games each, and felt a really nice rivalry develop with UL. The only team in the B12 I feel any rivalry with is OU.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt and Va Tech I openly root against in any situation....cuse is not to far behind.

:thumb:

I find it AMAZING to hear OSU fans rooting for UM to win, I dont know if it is from growing up while WVU was independent, or just hating rivals, but while we were both in the BE I rooted against sPitt in every game, conference "image" be damned

I'm in the same boat. I've never been a part of Team ACC (if that is even a thing) and pretty much couldn't care less about the other teams in the conference. Granted, I do find myself cheering for an ACC team from time to time, but that's moreso due to the opponent (i.e. Clemson in the bowl game against LSU last year where they came back to win, also Clemson when they got blown out of the water by you fuckfaces*).

Looking forward to 2021 & 2022 when we hopefully rekindle our rivalry.

*I don't really think you're fuckfaces, but I couldn't go a whole post without trying to :ss:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I used to watch and root for WVU unless they were playing OU (back in the days when I was in Norman). Now, we'll be mortal enemies from here on out. :D

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most times I pull for a B12 team vs another conferences' team but not always, I pull for teams coached by West Virginians or that have WVU ties and I have my favorites for the way a team plays or their certain players ect.. from time to time. I like having teams in our conference that actually matter in the national CFB landscape(unlike the BE) so in that sense yes I want us all to do as well as possible.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cheer for all the Big XII teams when they aren't going up against the Old Gold and Blue. Never cheer for Pitt, ND or VT. When they play each other I cheer for a meteor strike...