• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

do we have a 1000 yd wr ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 Questions in 10 days: Do the Redskins have a 1,000-yard WR?

at this point i would say no but i feel like we have 3 guys who could be . richardson could be with his deep ball ability and the fact he is a more rounded wr then jax .

dox has that ability but in his first full year he played like a rookie and that should have been expected . he needs to be a better route runner and get off the LOS better . he should get TDS

crowder , to me is the early leader in the clubhouse but his season last year was down . he and smith seem to have good chemistry though

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i don't think we will see a 1000 yard receiver. i'd love to be proven wrong but if we keep dinking and dunking i don't see it. i'm in wait and see mode with the offense. I actually have more faith that the D is going to be much improved barring injuries.

SeanTaylor21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No we don't have one one this roster....but I do think we have 3 guys that could get maybe 750 - 850 yards each. All in all, if we're winning, 1,000 yards doesn't matter to me but it would be great to finally see one of our wr earning accolades again.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might...but I don’t think we HAVE to have one to have a successful O this year. We need Health and to see development more than anything imo

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold up...I like Richardson but there is no way in hell he is a more rounded WR than DJax.

To answer your question, I doubt any of them get there this year but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I think Doctson, Prich, and Crowder all around 800 yards plus Reed, Thompson, and others is a pretty solid pass catching group. Not amazing but solid. Reed's health is the big key - he's the one who can take the group from meh to really good.

But I agree I think Crowders my bet if I had to pick one guy to do it. I think hes the best of the 3 right now and will likely fit better with Smith than the other 2 will.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold up...I like Richardson but there is no way in hell he is a more rounded WR than DJax.

To answer your question, I doubt any of them get there this year but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I think Doctson, Prich, and Crowder all around 800 yards plus Reed, Thompson, and others is a pretty solid pass catching group. Not amazing but solid. Reed's health is the big key - he's the one who can take the group from meh to really good.

But I agree I think Crowders my bet if I had to pick one guy to do it. I think hes the best of the 3 right now and will likely fit better with Smith than the other 2 will.

jax isnt the guy to go over the middle in traffic and make circus catches . richardson does . i think he runs better routes too . now jax is more proven and more dynamic and great with the deep ball . i think richardson blocks better too

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jax isnt the guy to go over the middle in traffic and make circus catches . richardson does . i think he runs better routes too . now jax is more proven and more dynamic and great with the deep ball . i think richardson blocks better too

I think DJax is suuuper underrated. He was a really good route runner with unreal ball tracking and yes some circus catches. Plus the speed and acceleration obviously. I think he was just SO good at going deep that he got overlooked in all the other areas of his game. Jackson over the middle on crossing routes was outright deadly when actually used.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DJax is suuuper underrated. He was a really good route runner with unreal ball tracking and yes some circus catches. Plus the speed and acceleration obviously. I think he was just SO good at going deep that he got overlooked in all the other areas of his game. Jackson over the middle on crossing routes was outright deadly when actually used.

Jackson is a one trick pony, but damn good at the one trick

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hes great at other things as well but he's so dominant at the deep ball that thats what he spends the bulk of his time doing and the only thing people remember/recognize him for.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crowder has a real good chance of breaking 1000 this year.

Crowder is by far the best receiver the skins have. I am not high on Doctson whatsoever.

Also Alex Smith targeting Crowder within 5 yards of LOS seems like it will happen quite a bit. Unfortunately Crowder doesnt have Hills explosion to pad Smiths numbers the same way.

Also maybe the training staff and strength and conditioning will now preach injury prevention instead of holding bench press competitions now that Jon Gruden son is gone.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's his trick, being injured? For that is the only thing he has been consistent at. He has all the potential, but has not yet fulfilled that potential. He has to produce this year consistently, not just flashes. IF not, he is gone next year.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's his trick, being injured? For that is the only thing he has been consistent at. He has all the potential, but has not yet fulfilled that potential. He has to produce this year consistently, not just flashes. IF not, he is gone next year.

You talking Deshawn Jackson because that’s who I am?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking Deshawn Jackson because that’s who I am?
My bad. Thought you were discussing Dox. With Jackson, you are right. The guy is one of the best deep ball receivers of his generation.