• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the right thing, Dwight - Sign with Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe contracts expires after next season but I may be wrong

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only haters say that. Lebron was a leader his first DAY in the league, and its not debatable and it was VERY obvious. Hell he carried a roster with ZERO all stars to the Finals.

oh please. the fact that you're trying to flip the argument away from your original statement says it all, i'd say. YOU'RE claiming Howard won't improve. based on WHAT, actually? and LeClown didn't do anything to polish his own game up until a coupl,e of seasons ago...or are you saying his low post game was polished at the time...?

fact IS he did the work when he started working with Olajuwon. so who's to say D12 won't do the same? just sayin'...

CL67

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq said he doesn't think he will be back.

I agree with Shaq. Dwight is going to do what he did in Orlando and play with their feelings

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh please. the fact that you're trying to flip the argument away from your original statement says it all, i'd say. YOU'RE claiming Howard won't improve. based on WHAT, actually? and LeClown didn't do anything to polish his own game up until a coupl,e of seasons ago...or are you saying his low post game was polished at the time...?

fact IS he did the work when he started working with Olajuwon. so who's to say D12 won't do the same? just sayin'...

CL67

The truth is Howard's biggest issue is the foul line. If he can shoot around 70% teams will stop fouling him all the time in the 4th quarter.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it would be a whole lot easier if CP3 just walked across the hallway and joined Dwight on the Lakers!!

Nobody has to sell their house!! :becky:

David stern would not allow that, not with his favorite team the heat around.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is Howard's biggest issue is the foul line. If he can shoot around 70% teams will stop fouling him all the time in the 4th quarter.

agreed. and wanting to improve at the FT line is about WANTING it just like rebounding. look at how badly Duncan sucked at it at first...

CL67

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only haters say that. Lebron was a leader his first DAY in the league, and its not debatable and it was VERY obvious. Hell he carried a roster with ZERO all stars to the Finals.

Actually not true. Lebron was a leader in Cleveland in the same way that Dwight was a leader in Orlando. They were the leaders because they were the best players on their teams, not because they actually knew how to lead.

Lebron even deferred to D-Wade in their first season together. Lebron didn't become the leader that he is now until after the loss to Dallas in the finals when D-Wade figured out that their best chance to win a title was with Lebron leading the team and began deferring to him.

So yes, it's debatable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the key!! I understand his frustration with the hard fouls from the Spurs. The Spurs knew that he and Pau were the only weapons that the Lakers had and they knew that Howard can't hit free throws. They knew that ONLY chance the Lakers had was for Dwight to dominate the middle. Simple and correct strategy was foul him and don't let him get on track.

The best way to put a stop to it is to hit free throws. While Shaq never became a great or even good free throw shooter, he did get to where he was good enough that the Hack-A-Shaq eventually stopped.

If Howard were to get his free throw percentage north of 60%, the Hack-A-Dwight will stop!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are going to regret letting Howard go if they do so. No other superstar/allstar will willingly go to the Lakers as long as Kobe is the main attraction unless forced to via trade. Its easy to blame Howard now but he was only a small part of the dysfunction.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe won't be here in 2 more years. Basically if he re-signs with the Lakers he is basically just hoping they sign one of the best players in the world.

The Lakers almost always do. At least history says so.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, I don't know. Maybe because the Lakers can pay him $30 million more than anyone else and because they will re-build around him in 2015!!
Actually, Dwight has the choice between 5yrs at 23.6mil per year (118mil)

or

4yrs at 21.9mil per year (87.6mil)

So he would get more money with the extra year, but still be make close to the 23.6mil he would get with just a 4yr contract. He's still young enough (31 at the end of a 4yr contract) to where if he stays healthy, he could command 20mil a year (which his 5th year if signed with LA for 23.6mil) in a new contract considering his postion.

He would be losing some money, but might be a lot happier.

Besides, the Lakers offer of a max contract has been on the table for some time, right? So why hasn't he committed already if he's about the money and saying he wants to be in LA. Why drag it out and say "I need time to think about it"

Just to add more drama and spotlight on himself?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Actually, Dwight has the choice between 5yrs at 23.6mil per year (118mil)

or

4yrs at 21.9mil per year (87.6mil)

So he would get more money with the extra year, but still be make close to the 23.6mil he would get with just a 4yr contract. He's still young enough (31 at the end of a 4yr contract) to where if he stays healthy, he could command 20mil a year (which his 5th year if signed with LA for 23.6mil) in a new contract considering his postion.

He would be losing some money, but might be a lot happier. "

Actually, with no state tax in Tx vs an escalating one in Ca, he would net more the 1st 4 years in Houston/Dallas.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you so! :lol:
And thank God...

To all the Laker fans out there, you need to look at this as a blessing in disguise. You can't build a championship team entirely on free agency and trades. Every team needs to develop with time in order to be a successful franchise in the long run. Even the Yankees will eventually got through a lengthy rebuilding process after Derek Jeter and a few others (Marino, Ichiro, Texiera, Vernon Wells) hang 'em up.

Status
Not open for further replies.