• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the right thing, Dwight - Sign with Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, i'm sure a bunch of guys on a message board know what's best for D12...

"right thing"=screw the Lakers. TOO funny...

CL67

Amazing all I had to do was repeat my thread title to get under one's skin.:rollseyes:

How would he be screwing the Lakers? They failed to provide a stable environment for him...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will sign with LA for the coin. he wont draw some players due to his demeanor. I see the Lakers making the playoffs each year with Howard but dont see the ring.

Now, if Lebron bolted Miami for LA, well..............

Thats the only hope out of that 2014/5 FA period. Most other FAs will get signed long in advance. Dwight has been the rarity

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know at least one guy who's going to push him to sign with Houston. His mentor, Hakeem

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston needs a better coach though.

Right now they're just like the Lakers on defense. It is a damn shame

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't really care if Dwight re-signs with the Lakers or not. On the one hand, it would be great to have him because he is the best center in the league. However, he also has given reason to question whether or not he can actually be the leader that he thinks he is.

If the Lakers re-build around him, that will be fine, but they will need to make sure they sign someone who can lead the team if Dwight doesn't learn. If he goes someplace else, the Lakers will still have plenty of money to sign other free agent and get back in contention.

Of course, the last time the Lakers had a superstar player act the fool, they ended up making moves that got them 3 more trips to the finals and 2 more rings!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't really care if Dwight re-signs with the Lakers or not. On the one hand, it would be great to have him because he is the best center in the league. However, he also has given reason to question whether or not he can actually be the leader that he thinks he is.

If the Lakers re-build around him, that will be fine, but they will need to make sure they sign someone who can lead the team if Dwight doesn't learn. If he goes someplace else, the Lakers will still have plenty of money to sign other free agent and get back in contention.

Of course, the last time the Lakers had a superstar player act the fool, they ended up making moves that got them 3 more trips to the finals and 2 more rings!!

This isn't his first season in the league. He's not a leader, plain and simple.....and most likely never will be. He is what he is......immature, with limited moves.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to be the leader in Houston. James Harden will be. Howard will also help their defense. The Lakers were old and a lost cause...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to be the leader in Houston. James Harden will be. Howard will also help their defense. The Lakers were old and a lost cause...

That's fine and dandy......but he'll have the highest contract. You don't pay role players max contract money.

And I don't see how they fit together as teammates......Harden is a slasher, Dwight would just clog up the lane. There would have to be some adjustments, and Howard would have to develop a little 10/15 foot jumper. I don't see how this will work for Houston.

People need to stop falling in love with the names on the jersey.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...As if Omer Asik isn't a lane-clogger as it is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't his first season in the league. He's not a leader, plain and simple.....and most likely never will be. He is what he is......immature, with limited moves.

You may well be right. There are 2 things that give me hope.

1.) He is young and should be able to learn. Heck, look how long it took Kobe to learn how to be a decent leader. Some still say he isn't.

2.) He's never HAD to be a leader before. So hopefully, like Kobe after Shaq left, he will be able to learn.

Again, if he does, he does and if he doesn't then the Lakers need to make sure that they sign someone in 2015 who will be the leader.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing all I had to do was repeat my thread title to get under one's skin.:rollseyes:

LOL, if you say so. course i'd have to say you obviously give yourself too much credit...:lol:

How would he be screwing the Lakers? They failed to provide a stable environment for him...

ah, the innocent approach. you don't think losing his kind of talent would be harmful/detremental to the Lakers? seriously...?

as i said, haters GOTTA hate...

CL67

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will sign with LA for the coin. he wont draw some players due to his demeanor. I see the Lakers making the playoffs each year with Howard but dont see the ring.

Now, if Lebron bolted Miami for LA, well..............

Thats the only hope out of that 2014/5 FA period. Most other FAs will get signed long in advance. Dwight has been the rarity

i'll probably catch more crap for this, but i STILL don't want that clown to EVER wear Lakers colors. sorry...

CL67

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i heard this mentioned about LeClown too. i DO believe the LBJ lovers in here would say he's stepped up his game. you CAN'T say D12 can't do it as well...

CL67

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight should pair up with CP3 and go to Atlanta.

Blake is an overrated bum

Seems like it would be a whole lot easier if CP3 just walked across the hallway and joined Dwight on the Lakers!!

Nobody has to sell their house!! :becky:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard this mentioned about LeClown too. i DO believe the LBJ lovers in here would say he's stepped up his game. you CAN'T say D12 can't do it as well...

CL67

Only haters say that. Lebron was a leader his first DAY in the league, and its not debatable and it was VERY obvious. Hell he carried a roster with ZERO all stars to the Finals.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it would be a whole lot easier if CP3 just walked across the hallway and joined Dwight on the Lakers!!

Nobody has to sell their house!! :becky:

Three problems with that scenario.

1.Kobe makes 30M next season.
2.Gasol makes 19M next season.
3.If the Lakers don't resign Dwight Howard they have no shot.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three problems with that scenario.

1.Kobe makes 30M next season.
2.Gasol makes 19M next season.
3.If the Lakers don't resign Dwight Howard they have no shot.

If they keep Kobe and Howard, there will be NO FA signings anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.